Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think they'll go there, well, Hopeless said he wouldn't, even though he's kinda...eh. As some have said on his first appearance, that could feel rapey.
    i agree but if he is not doing it purposefully it could be interesting and explain a lot. Definitely it would need to be revealed before they got intimate if that is the case. The big thing for me is teen or no Bobby's behavior was jarring. A few dates and he is so head over heels about this guy that he is willing to fight against the O5 he came to the future with on Romeo's word. I would expect Hopeless to be a little more of a seasoned writer than that. It just didn't feel real to me.

I also get the Bobby is a teen thing but so were we all and no one ever had my head that turned.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "This is what happens when you mess with people's minds, Teen Jean!!!" Better? Sorry, I'm just not getting any 'gay = bad' here. I'm getting 'Jeen's mind control = bad'.
    If Angel has fallen in love with an Inhuman woman then ran off with her instead of trying to save his friends and mutants in general, I'd probably have gone with, "That's what you get for giving people cosmic power, Black Vortex!" Anyhoo... I'm done trying to rationalize a joke. Bobby acted foolishly. Back to Hitler Summers...
    The "bad" lies in the insinuation that Jean "made" Iceman gay. When in fact she just told him something he didn't want to admit to himself.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "This is what happens when you mess with people's minds, Teen Jean!!!" Better? Sorry, I'm just not getting any 'gay = bad' here. I'm getting 'Jeen's mind control = bad'.
    If Angel had fallen in love with an Inhuman woman then ran off with her instead of trying to save his friends and mutants in general, I'd probably have gone with, "That's what you get for giving people cosmic power, Black Vortex!" Anyhoo... I'm done trying to rationalize a joke that people are reading far too much into. Bobby acted foolishly. Back to Hitler Summers...
    I know you probably didn't meant it, that's why I didn't said anything at first, but it kinda did came off that way. And Jean's Mind Control? I won't even bother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    not for me.

and what later? after 2 weeks one of them will be dead.

She is in IvX4 preview.
    Someone should coordinate attacks. Storm can't because she is leading main forces. Emma can't because she is attacking BB.
    Rogue is doing her job.
    Then Romeo commits suicide -- isn't that what's suppose to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then Romeo commits suicide -- isn't that what's suppose to happen?
    That's bad advice for gays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's bad advice for gays.
    You can't ignore Your problems. Bobby has a problem with Terrigen. He needs to do something. Running away is bad.

I think that this is good message.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You can't ignore Your problems. Bobby has a problem with Terrigen. He needs to do something. Running away is bad.

I think that this is good message.
    Apparently in this case he gets away with it. I mean he gets to sit out the battle and then go heroing on X-men Blue after the x-men do all the heavy lifting. lol.

Some of the posts in this thread does make me wonder what the inhuman stance is on gay inhumans though. I mean if everything that matters to them is their culture and obtaining power how do they reconcile that with potential genes not being passed on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Apparently in this case he gets away with it. I mean he gets to sit out the battle and then go heroing on X-men Blue after the x-men do all the heavy lifting. lol.
    You are right but that's part of the reason why i didn't enjoy this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It was not a bad story and not blame the young Bobby after all he is in love. But the fact that Crystal and his crew were there in the battle at Atilan when Magneto caught them in Limbo shows how many editors and writers do not have much communication.

Or maybe this story was written before Soule and Lemire changed the story in DoX and the first issue of IvX has been released.

I still wonder what marvel editors do all day .
    LOL, yeah there was a few continuity gaps in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm gonna repost what I put in the Cyke appreciation thread...

I'm thinking there has to be an inhuman whose power is superhuman propaganda - the ability to make people who actually saw the events be convinced that the version coming out of New Attilan is what really happened and not what they saw.

It makes more sense than anything coming out of Marvel about it.
    Seems plausible to me.

I enjoyed the issue for the most part.
    Nice to see Bobby & the others having some down time in the first three dates - before the inevitably getting caught up in the IvX fistycuffs.
    Also Bagley's art is great as always.

Here's my mini summary for the issue:

Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

i feel dirty for having read this. the writing is just soo amateurish. how did they manage to make this new relationship more cringy than older Bobby and Opal?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    LOL, yeah there was a few continuity gaps in this issue.

Seems plausible to me.

I enjoyed the issue for the most part.
    Nice to see Bobby & the others having some down time in the first three dates - before the inevitably getting caught up in the IvX fistycuffs.
    Also Bagley's art is great as always.

Here's my mini summary for the issue:

Queue Uncanny Inhumans where MAximus broke out Triton in todays issue. LMAO editorial really isn't even trying. Then on top of it all maximus had to do was get in touch with an old scientist and poof he has the formula for terrigen crystals. Guess the inhumans really didn't do much.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-18-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Queue Uncanny Inhumans where MAximus broke out Triton in todays issue. LMAO editorial really isn't even trying. Then on top of it all maximus had to do was get in touch with an old scientist and poof he has the formula for terrigen crystals. Guess the inhumans really didn't do much.
    Lol at the fact that the villain of the Inhumans is more heroic than anyone in the Royal Family.

I just read Uncanny Inhumans and thought..."dammit all to...."

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I just read Uncanny Inhumans and thought..."dammit all to...."
    Fixed it

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Thought it was a cute issue. I would probably have had a different opinion if I had any investment in IvX, but I just don't care about that event at all. I like that they chose not to stay involved in the fight, it kind of points out the stupidity of how these types of events limit the options to 'we must fight now'. The Scott stuff is dumb, yes, but it is also consistent. As weird as the reaction to what Scott did is/was, it would be even weirder to me if characters were suddenly okay with everything even though they haven't learned any new or mitigating information.