Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Hellboy 3 - depending on you - so don't delay

I didn't see this posted here. So if it is already going, please forgive me. I'd rather see this become a reality!

Guillermo Del Toro Promises Hellboy 3 Meetings

In a tweet on Wednesday, the Hellboy director promised fans that he would meet with Ron Perlman (star of Hellboy) and Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy comics), on one condition.

If one hundred thousand fans vote on his Hellboy Twitter poll, Del Toro says he will begin the process.

RIGHT HERE - CLICK HERE - HURRY

The poll he tweeted asks fans if they want to see Hellboy III happen. The funny thing is, there are only two options to choose from. You can either vote "Yes" or "Hell Yes".
    :wishluck:

27,839 in only a few hours. But the magic number is '100K' in the next 18 hours.

67,560 votes | 15 hours left

I really do think something has changed behind the scenes.

I love GDT's Hellboy. It's very different, as personal to him as the comic is to Mignola, and I'd love to see the story concluded.

The poll passed 100K, with time to spare.

In case anyone was wondering if this was real or not.

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: Guillermo del Toro Teases 'Hellboy III' on Twitter

Although the original comic book incarnation of Mike Mignola's Hellboy is stuck in hell, his cinematic counterpart might be about to make a surprise comeback, with Guillermo del Toro suddenly teasing fans with the prospect of Hellboy III via his Twitter feed.

With no warning, del Toro asked his followers on Wednesday morning what they thought about a third Hellboy movie, offering two options: "Yes" and "Hell, yes." Resistance, it seems, is not an option. That was followed by a second tweet promising that if the poll received 100,000 votes in 24 hours, he would discuss the project with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman.

{excitement giggles}

sdsd.jpg

funny thing is, Ron Perlman himself shared the story on Facebook and said "every like on this post is equal to 1 "Hell Yes" on the actual pol."
    That post itself has 82000 likes as of now
    I believe this pol is meant to show studios that people are supporting this film, And I hope it goes the same way that Deadpool went.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I enjoyed the Hellboy films, but there has been talk of a third film on & off for years, at this point i'm not holding my breath on a third installment actually getting made even if Guillermo himself says he is interested in one. I will however be super happy if he does actually go through with it and we get a third film by say 2019-2020.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know if there will be a third or not but I liked the first 2 so I'd watch a third

At this point is more realistic to do reboot. You know, like a lot of studios do nowadays.

The second had some many cringy things, that I wanted to cry and laugh.
    Last edited by Markus; 01-22-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Amazing Member

I kind of agree with Markus, perhaps a reboot much closer to Mignola's comic wouldn't be too bad either.
    I think people will appreciate a different kind of comic adaptation.

My only complaint would be that GDT's Hellboy still deserves some sort of conclusion, I mean Perlman's portrayal of the big Red was just... one of a kind.

I think Perlman and great makeup artists did amazing job, but direction of the movies didn't made comics justice. I'm up for alterations for adaptation, but not really a fan of making something what is great kind of mediocre at best.

^I disagree: GDT's Hellboy is an awesome variation on the character and world, much like the animated and Carl Barks' Donald Duck are. I think Mignola's style is so specifically tailored to the medium of comics that a slavish adaptation into film just wouldn't work, so it's better to have someone like Guillermo del Toro who gets what it's about and respects it, but at the same time has his own unique style and take.

Of course, we live long enough we'll probably see some sort of reboot eventually. Same is true of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^I disagree: GDT's Hellboy is an awesome variation on the character and world, much like the animated and Carl Barks' Donald Duck are. I think Mignola's style is so specifically tailored to the medium of comics that a slavish adaptation into film just wouldn't work, so it's better to have someone like Guillermo del Toro who gets what it's about and respects it, but at the same time has his own unique style and take.

Of course, we live long enough we'll probably see some sort of reboot eventually. Same is true of anything!
    I have to agree.

When you see the Hellboy 'making of' videos, Guillermo del Toro and Mike Mignola come across as kindred spirits and partners in script creation and filming. If these movies had gone that far off the rails, I trust in Mignola he would have washed his hands of them and decried them as not an appropriate portrayal of his creation. And with del Toro noting the two people he would meet with to help champion a Hellboy III movie - Ron Perlman and Mike Mignola - that gives me even more comfort.