Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Hellboy 3 - depending on you - so don't delay

I didn't see this posted here. So if it is already going, please forgive me. I'd rather see this become a reality!

Guillermo Del Toro Promises Hellboy 3 Meetings

In a tweet on Wednesday, the Hellboy director promised fans that he would meet with Ron Perlman (star of Hellboy) and Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy comics), on one condition.

If one hundred thousand fans vote on his Hellboy Twitter poll, Del Toro says he will begin the process.

RIGHT HERE - CLICK HERE - HURRY

The poll he tweeted asks fans if they want to see Hellboy III happen. The funny thing is, there are only two options to choose from. You can either vote "Yes" or "Hell Yes".
    :wishluck:

27,839 in only a few hours. But the magic number is '100K' in the next 18 hours.

67,560 votes | 15 hours left

I really do think something has changed behind the scenes.

I love GDT's Hellboy. It's very different, as personal to him as the comic is to Mignola, and I'd love to see the story concluded.

The poll passed 100K, with time to spare.

In case anyone was wondering if this was real or not.

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: Guillermo del Toro Teases 'Hellboy III' on Twitter

Although the original comic book incarnation of Mike Mignola's Hellboy is stuck in hell, his cinematic counterpart might be about to make a surprise comeback, with Guillermo del Toro suddenly teasing fans with the prospect of Hellboy III via his Twitter feed.

With no warning, del Toro asked his followers on Wednesday morning what they thought about a third Hellboy movie, offering two options: "Yes" and "Hell, yes." Resistance, it seems, is not an option. That was followed by a second tweet promising that if the poll received 100,000 votes in 24 hours, he would discuss the project with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman.

Thumbs up

DANG!!!!

Hellboy 3 Not Happening Says Del Toro

Fans hoping for a third Hellboy movie from the original creative team, it's sad to say, but you will not be getting your wish. Despite a grassroots campaign that saw director Guillermo del Toro and star Ron Perlman both come out publicly with the desire for a Hellboy 3 just weeks ago, which got significant response from fans on social media, the director broke the news Tuesday morning that it was definitely not happening.

The tweet has a sense of true finality and defeat to it - it's clear del Toro was willing to make this movie as a passion project (meaning he likely would've made little to no money on it), but something major is standing in the way. With the finality, it sounds like either the studio or the rights holder, creator Mike Mignola, have nixed it completely - though that's merely informed speculation. When del Toro posted in January about the possibility of meetings, he said the meetings would be with Perlman and Mignola (though studios would of course also have to be involved); as del Toro and Perlman have both expressed public interest, it must be one of the other two parties that's not interested.

{excitement giggles}

sdsd.jpg

funny thing is, Ron Perlman himself shared the story on Facebook and said "every like on this post is equal to 1 "Hell Yes" on the actual pol."
    That post itself has 82000 likes as of now
    I believe this pol is meant to show studios that people are supporting this film, And I hope it goes the same way that Deadpool went.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I enjoyed the Hellboy films, but there has been talk of a third film on & off for years, at this point i'm not holding my breath on a third installment actually getting made even if Guillermo himself says he is interested in one. I will however be super happy if he does actually go through with it and we get a third film by say 2019-2020.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know if there will be a third or not but I liked the first 2 so I'd watch a third

At this point is more realistic to do reboot. You know, like a lot of studios do nowadays.

The second had some many cringy things, that I wanted to cry and laugh.
    Last edited by Markus; 01-22-2017 at 01:43 PM.

This had to have been a studio decision. Would Mike Mignola really not want the movie story to be wrapped up for fans of the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    This had to have been a studio decision. Would Mike Mignola really not want the movie story to be wrapped up for fans of the character?
    As a fan I would want any creator or maker being fully behind / 100% committed to a finalized product or adaptation (as from its developmental stages). Because why not?

So if such isn't to be the case for a third GDT Hellboy movie, I can feel relieved and even thankful this movie isn't made.

If only because I'm as enamored with these particular comics (and stickers, figures, t-shirts, or lunchboxes) that all did get made into becoming as particularly swell and inspired as they all typically have been appearing to me.

I'm sure any creative both as also GDT himself would agree.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-21-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I don't know that Mignola has the ability to stand in it's way. He signed the film rights away, have they reverted back to him? I have no idea.

I do know that at least a few years ago when asked about 3, he stressed that he had no say over if it would get made or not. It was up to the studio.

I'm sure he'd be happy to have it made so that he could finally stop being asked about it, at the very least.