Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Squadron Supreme #15

I have only been able to flip through it so far. (Planning to read in either tonight or tomorrow.)

It looks to be a rushed, and somewhat perfunctory ending. Hopefully, it accounts for the major threads of the series, and is better than I am guessing.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

just one long love letter to Jim Hammond and condemnation of the Squadron. i won't be purchasing any more James Robinson works.

At least hyperion pointed out the flaw of this book

They didnt do anything

Whatan interestong premise that was basically abandoned after one arc
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I have only been able to flip through it so far. (Planning to read in either tonight or tomorrow.)

It looks to be a rushed, and somewhat perfunctory ending. Hopefully, it accounts for the major threads of the series, and is better than I am guessing.
    By ending, is this end of an arc, or the book cancelled?

One thing I do note about the end of CW2 is the increase of ostracised teams from the authorised versions. The SS and Champions, and TBolts are cases in point, now, that inhabit the universe and it points to an overhaul of what we understand in the MU that we have suspicion infecting more and more of the super heroes. The SS don't like the Avengers or any team in the MU. The TBolts are hiding away a universe threat in case someone bad gets a hold of it. The Champions used to love Carol and Tony, but now they can't stand them. People are walking away from the conventional status of super heroing, like Clint and Red Wolf, because they made big mistakes or are Man out of time. Even Luke and Danny are finding themselves on the side of criminal families because the authorities can't be trusted.

And there you have it. Trust is going going gone in the MU. Want to know who else is going to put a huge dent into trust in the next few months? I think Steve is going to really blow apart what super heroes built up over 50 years, and that is the cohesion of like minds. The Squadron Supreme? They had a good reason to be suspicious.

Edit : More people not towing the establishment line

New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Jessica Jones
    IVX is splitting mutants and Inhumans

That's on top of :

Squadron Supreme
    Champions
    TBolts
    Clint and Red Wolf
    Luke and Danny
    And of course America Chavez suspicious of Ultimates

Remember that slogan DIVIDED WE STAND? Big crack in the ground right now.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-19-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    By ending, is this end of an arc, or the book cancelled?

One thing I do note about the end of CW2 is the increase of ostracised teams from the authorised versions. The SS and Champions, and TBolts are cases in point, now, that inhabit the universe and it points to an overhaul of what we understand in the MU that we have suspicion infecting more and more of the super heroes. The SS don't like the Avengers or any team in the MU. The TBolts are hiding away a universe threat in case someone bad gets a hold of it. The Champions used to love Carol and Tony, but now they can't stand them. People are walking away from the conventional status of super heroing, like Clint and Red Wolf, because they made big mistakes or are Man out of time. Even Luke and Danny are finding themselves on the side of criminal families because the authorities can't be trusted.

And there you have it. Trust is going going gone in the MU. Want to know who else is going to put a huge dent not trust in the next few months? I think Steve is going to really blow apart what super heroes built up over 50 years, and that is the cohesion of like minds. The Squadron Supreme? They had a good reason to be suspicious.
    Squadron is done period. All got pissed at nighthawk and disbanded
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanks MindofShadows. I can't say I'm upset, but their role seemed to slip after the first arc. I wanted them to be more confrontational.

Incredible Member

I wonder how long this "Permanent change" to Hammond will stay permanent

So I only read bits of this series here or there (for Namor) and maybe someone would be willing to fill in some holes? I'm a little confused about how Namor was brought back to life, his 'deal' with Hyperion (and why Hyperion wanted to give him a deal in the first place), etc. Anyone willing to explain?

At least hyperion pointed out the flaw of this book

They didnt do anything

Whatan interestong premise that was basically abandoned after one arc
    I'll give them credit for the Weird World stuff but yeah... this was probably one of the worst super hero teams we've seen come down the pike in awhile.

I think they sort of wanted to give them an Authority vibe... problem being you can't really have an Authority type team in the mainstream MU. Works fine on some alternate universe but in the main one that just can't happen. So at best they end up looking like any other super hero team... but they didn't even really pull that off well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    just one long love letter to Jim Hammond and condemnation of the Squadron. i won't be purchasing any more James Robinson works.
    You say that like it's a bad thing, which it most certainly isn't.

I find it hilarious that after losing her world, Doctor Spectrum finally finds sanction in New Attilan. Then, the X-Men ransack and destroy it. An honestly comical setup. Also, Blur is about to become an agent of SHIELD right before Maria Hill gets fired and Rogers essentially drives the organization into the ground. Still disappointed that Jim and Namor didn't hug or kiss or something.

Now that Namor is alive and Kitty is back on Earth, I can now fully expect them to not show up in Inhumans vs X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleXero View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing, which it most certainly isn't.
    it isn't, in a Jim Hammond book. this was a squadron book. how about truth in advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll give them credit for the Weird World stuff but yeah... this was probably one of the worst super hero teams we've seen come down the pike in awhile.

I think they sort of wanted to give them an Authority vibe... problem being you can't really have an Authority type team in the mainstream MU. Works fine on some alternate universe but in the main one that just can't happen. So at best they end up looking like any other super hero team... but they didn't even really pull that off well.
    the writer didn't pull it off well. bad writing can happen to any team of characters. and we've seen Authority-style teams (Thunderbolts, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    So I only read bits of this series here or there (for Namor) and maybe someone would be willing to fill in some holes? I'm a little confused about how Namor was brought back to life, his 'deal' with Hyperion (and why Hyperion wanted to give him a deal in the first place), etc. Anyone willing to explain?
    they went back in time and gave Namor a ride back to the present. the deal was that they don't let Namor die and, well, the rest of it doesn't matter because there's no longer a team.

but why? it was Spectrum's grudge against Namor (she even went after the Inhumans, on her own). and Hyperion's the one who killed him (and those circus folk in his miniseries). all Nighthawk did was bail them out when Hammond and his SHIELD team embarrassed them. Nighthawk didn't threaten to kill Blur because he jumped ship. and did they all forget about Warrior Woman's defection and designs on taking over the planet? they wouldn't even know about it if Nighthawk hadn't investigated. I've never been so pissed off by a series.