Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Clone Conspiracy and Sins Past

The elephant in the room needs to be addressed. Sins Past is begging to be retconned.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    The elephant in the room needs to be addressed. Sins Past is begging to be retconned.
    They are not touching that, even if this Gwen survives which from how the issue went seems to me more probable than before.

BANNED

You might as well consider it done. Current office will never touch it again.

Amazing Member

All that might happen is soft retcons like in the first CC issue norman goes for gwen because of her connection to Peter instead of what was told to us in Sins Past. Aprt from stuff like that they won't touch it.

I was sort of hoping Peter would ask her how Norman was in bed. Awkward!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

IIRC, there was a bit in the early BND where Norman now cannot impregnate a woman via sex unless that woman is also genetically altered by the goblin serum. They basically altered it so that if Norman has offspring other than Harry, he didn't have them with Gwen or used an advanced cloning technique, or he conceived before the enhancement, or he had his sperm saved before he got the serum treatment. After all that I mentioned, they pretty much made Sins past absurdly unlikely.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    IIRC, there was a bit in the early BND where Norman now cannot impregnate a woman via sex unless that woman is also genetically altered by the goblin serum. They basically altered it so that if Norman has offspring other than Harry, he didn't have them with Gwen or used an advanced cloning technique, or he conceived before the enhancement, or he had his sperm saved before he got the serum treatment. After all that I mentioned, they pretty much made Sins past absurdly unlikely.
    We did see Gabriel Stacy during American Son, however.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Sins Past is canon in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    His point is that even if they are around, they are not necessarily due to Gwen and Norman having sex.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Until we have a retcon saying otherwise that's their origin.

I'm usually all for addressing major plots that have been lingering for years. I think that shows attention to detail in terms of story.

With Sins Past though, I'm willing to make an exception. Some plots are just best left overlooked. This is definitely one of them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    And Norman Osborn is still genetically incompatible. Which means the new Gabriel is probably a special test tube kid like Conmer Kent was a hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. It's also possible that Norman had Gabriel with someone else before he had his genes rendered incompatible, or before he got transformed by the goblin serum. All in all, Gabriel is implied to not be the same person he was back during sins past.

My theory, based on Norman's current serum induced sterility, is that he had Gabriel of American Son with someone else as an illegitimate son before his transformation , later revealed to Gabe that he was his father, as well as him being the Green Goblin, and offered Gabe a spot as an heir.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Where did it say that Norman was now sterile?

Other than that, I don't recall seeing Sarah around in the new era myself, and if they aren't going to bring it up, it is just as good as didn't happen. It appears that they want Peter Parker to have his old silver age circle of friends around, which IMO, isn't all a bad idea. Better that than having another friend hopelessly Doomed to die each year, or at least that is how it felt due to the over the top tragedy rates Peter used to experience.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 01-19-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

They're not going to touch it as others have said, not anytime soon anyway IMO. To be blunt, I'd be surprised if she survives Clone Conspiracy anyway (I'm surprised enough that Ben is living long enough to get his own book LOL).