Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Imagine deriving satisfaction from a fictional character's death

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Imagine deriving satisfaction from a fictional character's death
    I dunno, when Joffery died it felt pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    Carol Danvers has on her side that Reality Manipulator clone of Scarlet Witch. I think Gaben was his name. He would definitely Resurrect her on the of chance she would die. Like that time during Dark Reign.
    1603723c7957c50892c3788e2345890a.jpg

Gaben, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hail Lord Gaben!

Astonishing Member

They have yet to give her a fan favorite creative team -- sadly, I don't know if such a team exists these days. Too many newbies and indy artists who don't attract big numbers. And as I've stated many times, I just don't think they've found the right look for her as Captain Marvel. And now they are going down the same road with Spider-Woman as far as uniforms go.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    They have yet to give her a fan favorite creative team -- sadly, I don't know if such a team exists these days. Too many newbies and indy artists who don't attract big numbers. And as I've stated many times, I just don't think they've found the right look for her as Captain Marvel. And now they are going down the same road with Spider-Woman as far as uniforms go.
    Fan Favorite is.....hahaa...relative. As is fan reception of Carol's current aesthetic. The Mckelvie redesign had an astounding impact. The cosplay community alone exploded (in a positive way haha), and for readers like myself -- the costume change was THE thing to get my attention and consider exploring the solo adventures being written by Kelly Sue.

As a visual person, I would argue the best thing Marvel could do currently with Carol on the creative team side of things is provide the book a top tier ARTIST known to sell.
    Immonen, Dauterman, Othermen (jk), Coipel, Silva, Schiti, Larraz, etc. EVENT level artists.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    What makes them funny is how delusional they are. You can tell most of them aren’t use to talking to people outside their “group,” if you know what I mean. I laugh when they try and argue that politics in comics is somehow a new thing.
    Yeah, who are these new agey kids and their new fangled politics? haha

Yes, Carol Danvers should die.

Just to complicate the narrative, it must be noted than death is also part of the mythology of the superhero. Every superhero who is relevant must at least suffer one big defeat and one death with its proper resurrection after that:

Captain America has died.
    Iron Man has died.
    Thor has died.
    Wolverine has died.
    Spider-Man has died.

They died, then they were replaced, they were absent for some time and then they returned and their returns were celebrated. Their deaths were events, part of a bigger story. Because the absence of these heroes is noted. It is relevant, even if its repeated.

Under this prism, should Carol Danvers die or she is not good enough to have "a death and return" saga? Could her death attract publicity for her book? Readers asking for her immediate return and the head of Cebulski? Remember than Cap died and returned just in time for his movie. Or could be a risky move, because people would not care?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

How many times has Carol killed and/or crippled Tony at this point?

Flagship characters dying is usually not what the story is actually about, so a death and return arc for Carol will happen when a writer puts forward a story that requires it. But she's only been a flagship character for a decade, so someone who's writing the book is more likely to want to do stuff with her because she does not have several decades as a key member of the universe. Her place in the firmament is not as cemented.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Just to complicate the narrative, it must be noted than death is also part of the mythology of the superhero. Every superhero who is relevant must at least suffer one big defeat and one death with its proper resurrection after that:

Captain America has died.
    Iron Man has died.
    Thor has died.
    Wolverine has died.
    Spider-Man has died.

They died, then they were replaced, they were absent for some time and then they returned and their returns were celebrated. Their deaths were events, part of a bigger story. Because the absence of these heroes is noted. It is relevant, even if its repeated.

Under this prism, should Carol Danvers die or she is not good enough to have "a death and return" saga? Could her death attract publicity for her book? Readers asking for her immediate return and the head of Cebulski? Remember than Cap died and returned just in time for his movie. Or could be a risky move, because people would not care?
    Carol had a death of Ms. Marvel back in Brian Reed's run.

Extraordinary Member

No...death for shock value is just annoying.

They do need to stop pushing her on fans so strongly and just let it happen naturally...if it can.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by gooch4011 View Post
    I was salivating for Lannister blood all thru GoT seasons. I Even wanted that midget DEAD!!!!!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gooch4011 View Post
    Well sh*t, you gotta good point right there lol.

But no, Carol shouldn't be dying just because some readers think she's being shoved down their throats and she isn't working for them. They shouldn't be catered too and they can ignore her.