Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I haven't bothered to read the pages and pages of this thread but what a passive-aggressive way to not be tolerant of the fact that tastes vary and some people like and see value in a character that you might not. It's a bit presumptuous to make a statement that a character should 'die' just because someone, themselves, might not like them. I mean, it's kind of rude. Would you go into an ice cream shop and tell anyone ordering mint chip that they're tastes are awful? Then why do it online? Which characters we're drawn towards are a matter of personal preference, just like how one takes their coffee or which ice cream flavor one prefers. The world does not revolve around one person's opinions of a character, Marvel has a diverse fanbase composed of both genders and all age groups. And I'm not even Carol's biggest fan (though I certainly don't mind her), but the title of this thread was a bit of a face-palm moment. In the immortal words of Captain Kirk: " Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant."
    IKR? I'm not demanding the deaths of either Tony Stark or Hal Jordan just because I've never had the least bit of interest in them. Let people like things, geez.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I haven't bothered to read the pages and pages of this thread but what a passive-aggressive way to not be tolerant of the fact that tastes vary and some people like and see value in a character that you might not. It's a bit presumptuous to make a statement that a character should 'die' just because someone, themselves, might not like them. I mean, it's kind of rude. Would you go into an ice cream shop and tell anyone ordering mint chip that they're tastes are awful? Then why do it online? Which characters we're drawn towards are a matter of personal preference, just like how one takes their coffee or which ice cream flavor one prefers. The world does not revolve around one person's opinions of a character, Marvel has a diverse fanbase composed of both genders and all age groups. And I'm not even Carol's biggest fan (though I certainly don't mind her), but the title of this thread was a bit of a face-palm moment. In the immortal words of Captain Kirk: " Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant."
    As someone that isnpretty neutral toward Carol, i support this message.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    There is no point killing her she dies every time Marvel relaunches her.
    I think 2019 is the 7th time that the comicbook character Carol Danvers dies since 2019 is the 7th time Marvel relaunches the character's series.

Just a heads up - untagged spoilers will be deleted with extreme prejudice. Potential bans may follow.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I disagree with most of this entire premise, but I do think Carol Danvers as "Captain Marvel" does not work and should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I disagree with most of this entire premise, but I do think Carol Danvers as "Captain Marvel" does not work and should stop.
    The MCU begs to differ

I mean I support the character Carol Danvers and would have went to see the film no matter what they called it. I don't really think that's indicative of anything.

They successful establish Captain Marvel as big time hero to general public and the Carol is Captain marvel to general public. Carol as Captain Marvel works and her success is a indicator of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think the answer is obvious he doesn't like the character otherwise he wouldn't of made this post to begin with.
    He could just not like the character as "Captain Marvel". I don't.

He could just not like the character as "Captain Marvel". I don't.
    Is there a reason for that?

I don't care for more than one character using the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They successful establish Captain Marvel as big time hero to general public and the Carol is Captain marvel to general public. Carol as Captain Marvel works and her success is a indicator of that.
    Her Movie may have been a success but her conic series gets relaunched all the time so i wouldnt say overall she’s such an Overqualified success
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I don't care for more than one character using the same name.
    What other character(s) is currently using the name? Can't think of any besides a DC character that changed to something else and an Uncle-Ben-dead Marvel character.

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

I'm interested in seeing how she ends up with the name Captain Marvel in the MCU. I mean, in the comics, it makes a lot of sense for her to carry the mantle. In the MCU, they really don't have any logical reason to have the name Captain Marvel. Mar-vell is how it came about and they really didn't do anything big in that movie with that character that it would make sense. Maybe Carol gives a fake name of Captain Marvel (her actual rank and the first name that came to mind) and then that name sticks. To me, that's cheesy as hell, but truthfully that's all I can think.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Her Movie may have been a success but her conic series gets relaunched all the time so i wouldnt say overall she’s such an Overqualified success
    How many times has book been relaunched with the numbers in actually cancellation level? People exaggerate with this point. Some her relaunches have been actual change of directions with her book in no danger of cancellation but it is better internet story to say Captain Marvel is failing and need to relaunch rather than they changed what direction the character was going in and decided to go fresh start with number 1 for more attention.