Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They have a movie coming out under that name so the chances of that happening are pretty much zero. Same with the poster saying she should go back to using the name Ms. Marvel.
    I really doubt Marvel is worried about her comic book sells. Marvel is all about the movies now.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The Secret Empire story has sidelined Carol by trapping her behind the barrier. Black Widow is leading the resistance to Hydra Cap. I think this event is setting up Black Widow as Marvel's lead female. Carol messed up big time in Civil War 2 and failed to save the day here, so she is being demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The captain marvel mantle is Carol's now kamala stole Carol's pervious ms marvel mantle and when Carol took the mantle of captain marvel it made sense because she had history with mar-vell they were lovers and he also was like a idol to her a hero she looked up to and he is how she got her powers and she's kree so she makes sense.

Monica never made sense as captain marvel I think the problem is the direction marvel has taken with Carol as captain marvel given the history she has with the kree and captain mar-vell it made sense when she took on the mantle of captain marvel because of that history and Monica has more or less moved on and accepted Carol as captain marvel.

And when I say kamala stole Carol's original alias of ms marvel I meant that is who people know ms marvel as now is kamala khan I think it's come to a point where Carol being captain marvel isn't the problem it's the direction they're taking with her character.

And given the success of kamala as ms marvel I believe that Carol is going to remain as captain marvel for the foreseeable future.

And lastly I think Monica is better as spectrum.

If I have one last thing to add it is like kamala khan has more or less become a success as ms marvel and Carol she was ms marvel for decades before she became captain marvel and now say what you will about the direction that Carol has gone as captain marvel but that's who Carol is known as now that is what defines her now.
    I agree with this statement here.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really doubt Marvel is worried about her comic book sells. Marvel is all about the movies now.
    Sales? Probably not. Synergy? Yes. You're not gonna see Carol Danvers calling herself Ms. Marvel when they have a movie in theaters called Captain Marvel. We've seen before the absurd lengths they'll go through to make sure the comics match the movies.
    Last edited by Holt; 07-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.

BANNED

she has already been killed by moonstone during the dark reign iirc so it would be redundant to have her killed again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Should Carol Danvers die? No. Should Carol Danvers never be used by Bendis again? Yes. I'm surprised he didn't call her fat during Civil War 2.
    I'm surprised by that as well.

0 chance she dies.
    as for being demoted. Don't forget Norman did not lead the resitence he was just on center stage for the kill shot. If Carol is a key art to the final showdowns she is fine.

Astonishing Member

Why not have phy-vell and or spectrum take over

No, there isn't a need to.
    I just wish they had kept her original origin, it is very much a 'bottom to the top' hero journey. Making her a Colonel(?) right out the gate just puts her above Marvel characters who took years to make to where they are now.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'm all for the return of The INCREDIBLE Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Based on these pages I think Marvel needs to lure Hickman back to do a solo book. And I wouldn't mind Deodato on art.
    I wouldn't mind Deodato on art as well.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-22-2017 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No. Absolutely not. I've been critical of Carol lately and I still want Jean Grey or Maddy Pryor or Lady Sif or Oracle or Sue Richards or Cerise or Sundragon or Omnipotent Oshtur or Kismet/Ayesha or Sersi or Clea or Ardina ... well, just about anyone, really... to replace her in the Ultimates, but under no circumstances should she die. She deserves to continue her adventures in her own book as well as have a feature role on one of the other Avengers teams. More importantly, she deserves to stick around long enough for a writer to vault her to that next level.
    Oh Man! I haven't seen Kismet/Ayesha, Sersi and Clea in any marvel comic for a long time! Fingers crossed they'll appear in whatever marvel comic in the near future.

Spectacular Member

Can we have Rogue put her in a coma again? That will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Can we have Rogue put her in a coma again? That will be nice.
    That was really only in the '90s cartoon. In the comics, Carol was comatose for, like, a few pages.

Also, I still hate this whole petty, entitled mindset. Someone doesn't like a character, so they want that character to be killed or otherwise disposed of, and who cares if the character has fans who want to keep reading about them. "Give me mine and screw everyone else" is a shitty, shitty attitude to have, and that is the precise attitude displayed in posts like this. It is declaring that some people should be denied something they enjoy, based solely on someone else's personal tastes.

Comic readers need to get the hell over themselves and realize that just because they don't like something, that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist, and they are actually allowed to just not read stories they don't like.

Mighty Member

She doesn't need to die, she just need a better writer.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    She doesn't need to die, she just need a better writer.
    No, Carol doesn't need to die, she just needs to grow her hair out again!