Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They successful establish Captain Marvel as big time hero to general public and the Carol is Captain marvel to general public. Carol as Captain Marvel works and her success is a indicator of that.
    I don't think just having a movie makes her a success. She was the least interesting character in it. I hear more about Sam Jackson, the Skrull and the cat than I do her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Her Movie may have been a success but her conic series gets relaunched all the time so i wouldnt say overall she’s such an Overqualified success
    That's a false argument. Everything gets relaunched all the time nowadays because of the "#1 sells more" trope. The FF were cancelled for a few years, does that make them irrelevant? Of course not!
    As for Carol Danvers being Captain Marvel, for me it was the right step, a natural evolution for Carol. Not so sure about the costume but that's a matter of taste!
    I've always liked Carol Danvers, how her cocky, impulsive and argumentative behaviour hides her own uncertainties, how she coped with tragedies (rape, having her powers and memories stolen, alcoholism) and how she rose above it all. In that way, for me, Carol Danvers is a real hero!

Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think just having a movie makes her a success. She was the least interesting character in it. I hear more about Sam Jackson, the Skrull and the cat than I do her.
    The only reason you don't hear about her are A) MRAs poisoned the well and B) She isn't a quip a minute character like Cumberbatch, Downey, or Pratt.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Should Carol Danvers DIET? Most defiantly! :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I'm sure she starts her day off every morning with a bowl of Cap'n Marvel-o's!!
    Right on the money!
    I absolutely hope we see cheesy merchandice in her comic, gotta pay those alpha flight bills after all!
    No longer a concern a relief for sure!
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how she ends up with the name Captain Marvel in the MCU. I mean, in the comics, it makes a lot of sense for her to carry the mantle. In the MCU, they really don't have any logical reason to have the name Captain Marvel. Mar-vell is how it came about and they really didn't do anything big in that movie with that character that it would make sense. Maybe Carol gives a fake name of Captain Marvel (her actual rank and the first name that came to mind) and then that name sticks. To me, that's cheesy as hell, but truthfully that's all I can think.
    I doubt it will remotely be touched upon. She'll just have that name.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

She already has the name as of Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter calls her that when trying think of other superheroes who Fury could talk to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    She already has the name as of Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter calls her that when trying think of other superheroes who Fury could talk to.
    Ironic since Marvel has not paired Carol up with Peter Parker for the past 7 years. Avengers movie with Spider-Man in it increased the sales numbers in ticket sales. Yet, no one in Marvel's publishing division has used Spidey as part of their lineup on an on going basis.

I do not think that Carol should die. I just feel that Marvel wants to make Captain Marvel appealing to female readers. But they fail to realize that most girls are reading Spider-Man. Thus, why can't Spider-Man become a reoccurring guest in Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew), She-Hulk, and Jessica Jones solo books. It might bring more female readers to them.