Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They successful establish Captain Marvel as big time hero to general public and the Carol is Captain marvel to general public. Carol as Captain Marvel works and her success is a indicator of that.
    I don't think just having a movie makes her a success. She was the least interesting character in it. I hear more about Sam Jackson, the Skrull and the cat than I do her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Her Movie may have been a success but her conic series gets relaunched all the time so i wouldnt say overall she’s such an Overqualified success
    That's a false argument. Everything gets relaunched all the time nowadays because of the "#1 sells more" trope. The FF were cancelled for a few years, does that make them irrelevant? Of course not!
    As for Carol Danvers being Captain Marvel, for me it was the right step, a natural evolution for Carol. Not so sure about the costume but that's a matter of taste!
    I've always liked Carol Danvers, how her cocky, impulsive and argumentative behaviour hides her own uncertainties, how she coped with tragedies (rape, having her powers and memories stolen, alcoholism) and how she rose above it all. In that way, for me, Carol Danvers is a real hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think just having a movie makes her a success. She was the least interesting character in it. I hear more about Sam Jackson, the Skrull and the cat than I do her.
    The only reason you don't hear about her are A) MRAs poisoned the well and B) She isn't a quip a minute character like Cumberbatch, Downey, or Pratt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Should Carol Danvers DIET? Most defiantly! :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I'm sure she starts her day off every morning with a bowl of Cap'n Marvel-o's!!
    Right on the money!
    I absolutely hope we see cheesy merchandice in her comic, gotta pay those alpha flight bills after all!
    No longer a concern a relief for sure!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how she ends up with the name Captain Marvel in the MCU. I mean, in the comics, it makes a lot of sense for her to carry the mantle. In the MCU, they really don't have any logical reason to have the name Captain Marvel. Mar-vell is how it came about and they really didn't do anything big in that movie with that character that it would make sense. Maybe Carol gives a fake name of Captain Marvel (her actual rank and the first name that came to mind) and then that name sticks. To me, that's cheesy as hell, but truthfully that's all I can think.
    I doubt it will remotely be touched upon. She'll just have that name.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

She already has the name as of Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter calls her that when trying think of other superheroes who Fury could talk to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    She already has the name as of Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter calls her that when trying think of other superheroes who Fury could talk to.
    Ironic since Marvel has not paired Carol up with Peter Parker for the past 7 years. Avengers movie with Spider-Man in it increased the sales numbers in ticket sales. Yet, no one in Marvel's publishing division has used Spidey as part of their lineup on an on going basis.

I do not think that Carol should die. I just feel that Marvel wants to make Captain Marvel appealing to female readers. But they fail to realize that most girls are reading Spider-Man. Thus, why can't Spider-Man become a reoccurring guest in Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew), She-Hulk, and Jessica Jones solo books. It might bring more female readers to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Wow! What a shocking title for a thread. This reminds me of some of the old-time Fantastic Four Fan Page letters where some anti-Sue Storm fans actually called for her to be killed off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Was that right at the beginning, when she was being portrayed as utterly useless, and she spent a few panels experimenting with perfumes to try and render herself undetectable to dogs?

Re Carol Danvers, if people are upset with her over Civil War II, then, that was the aim. Indifference is much much more dangerous for a character than dislike, and Civil War II was an attempt (among other things) to ensure that readers did not view Danvers with indifference.

Didn't work in my case for example but, hell, it was worth a shot

If Carol Danvers does die, then the chances are her title would get relaunched in a month's time under the name of "The Resurrected Captain Marvel",
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Strangely enough, the calls for Sue's demise were not at the beginning. Many fans were upset when Sue left the team and walked out on her marriage with Reed Richards at the end of FF #130. They got even more upset when it looked like she was going to hook up with the Sub-Mariner in FF #147. Hence, I refer to the fan page in issue #152, wherein Kristi Cutler wrote a long letter and called for Sue to be killed off. It seems to me that there was a big Sue controversy years later, somewhere around issue #316 or so, and a few fans echoed the same request at that time.
    Glad that the comicbook character Sue Storm was not killed off and that marvel comics has said character be the star of a limited series..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Let's face it: Marvel has been trying to push Carol Danvers almost as much as they're pushing the Inhumans. They have been doing relaunch after relaunch of the Captain Marvel title (even more than they have been relaunching the rest of the books, which is a joke by itself but anyway), yet it has consistently been one of their worst selling books. For example, in November issue 10 sold under the 20.000 copies which used to be cancelation line.

Danvers has been used as the Marvel token female hero for quite some time now, but it's simply not working. The ways they have been trying to push her - mostly by telling us how great she is without actually showing it - have been made even worse by turning her into Captain Facism. Maybe it's time Marvel learned that token characters don't really work (hi Midnighter!) and that they really suck at pushing characters (hi Inhumans!) and actually gave Danvers a rest. Kill her for a few years and then maybe bring her back as a member of the Avengers, to see if she actually becomes popular enough to carry a solo book.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I think what slipped passed our radar was the fact that Carol eliminated Tony Stark. Big event. Removing a prime mover, an entrepreneur,

Literally
    figuratively, as she did Tony, puts her in rarefied air. There's no killing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Ironic since Marvel has not paired Carol up with Peter Parker for the past 7 years. Avengers movie with Spider-Man in it increased the sales numbers in ticket sales. Yet, no one in Marvel's publishing division has used Spidey as part of their lineup on an on going basis.

I do not think that Carol should die. I just feel that Marvel wants to make Captain Marvel appealing to female readers. But they fail to realize that most girls are reading Spider-Man. Thus, why can't Spider-Man become a reoccurring guest in Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew), She-Hulk, and Jessica Jones solo books. It might bring more female readers to them.
    That’s a telling statement when you need a popular male guest star to bolster a female led solo book.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That’s a telling statement when you need a popular male guest star to bolster a female led solo book.
    Yeah doesn't exactly bolster Carol does it?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah doesn't exactly bolster Carol does it?
    Darth is always angling to ship one of the female heroes with Peter, so don't engage lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

LMAO these threads are always kept afloat by the same two-three people who are obsessed with hating on this character for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Let's face it: Marvel has been trying to push Carol Danvers almost as much as they're pushing the Inhumans. They have been doing relaunch after relaunch of the Captain Marvel title (even more than they have been relaunching the rest of the books, which is a joke by itself but anyway), yet it has consistently been one of their worst selling books. For example, in November issue 10 sold under the 20.000 copies which used to be cancelation line.

Danvers has been used as the Marvel token female hero for quite some time now, but it's simply not working. The ways they have been trying to push her - mostly by telling us how great she is without actually showing it - have been made even worse by turning her into Captain Facism. Maybe it's time Marvel learned that token characters don't really work (hi Midnighter!) and that they really suck at pushing characters (hi Inhumans!) and actually gave Danvers a rest. Kill her for a few years and then maybe bring her back as a member of the Avengers, to see if she actually becomes popular enough to carry a solo book.
    Well...why push a failing Carol Danvers title (no doubt exacerbated by the horrific Brie Larsen's prickly personality and crap acting) when you can emasculate one of Marvel's long time characters (Thor) and turn him into the pre-teen female idol (Jane) that all Taylor Swift fans are looking for? Yay Disney! Yay Love and Thunder!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LMAO these threads are always kept afloat by the same two-three people who are obsessed with hating on this character for some reason.
    Atleast it’s pretty transparent lol.