Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default ::Create Your Own Event 2020::

Name Your Own Adventure

I know we probably already several threads with this topic, but instead of sifting through the sea, I thought I’d just make a new one. I’ve been watching a lot of documentaries, movies, and shows regarding the Col War era of our geopolitical history, and it gave me an idea for an event I’d love to see/write.

It’s called Cold Wars, and it’s based on a secret shadow government agency (government unknown at the beginning of the story), who are hiring and deploying many of the most well known super spies in the Marvel Universe to make concerted attacks against global intelligence communities throughout the world. Everyone starts blaming everyone. With SHIELD no longer an entity, we see Spymaster becoming a real threat to more than just Iron Man. He’s coordinating all these various agents to strike these government installations, causing mistrust and paranoia. We see several governments reopen different spy organizations, the UK opens STRIKE, Canada’s Dept. K comes back online, the Red Room starts another program called HAMMER, to aid in the creation of super soldier spies, etc. etc. by the end of the first arc we see the formation of the new terrorist organization called LADON, with Contessa Valentina Allegra De Fontaine as it’s leader, now going by the name of Baroness Chimera, with Nemesis (from Alpha Flight), the Von Strucker twins, and several others, making their plays on this vulnerable geo-political landscape.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

This sounds like a good one

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds like a great idea. I have some event ideas of my own I'd like to share, too.

Gene Wars: In a nutshell, the mad geneticists of the Marvel Universe go to war with each other trying to access a digital archive containing the DNA of every superhuman being that's ever lived on Earth, and as they go to war, the heroes and villains they've had a hand in creating, empowering, or just messing with get caught in the crossfire. The main players include the Jackal, Mister (and Miss) Sinister, the High Evolutionary, Dark Beast, June Covington/Toxie Doxie, and Minn-Erva/Doctor Minerva, which ends up entangling Spider-Man, the Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker), Madelyne Pryor, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), the Maximoff twins, and Laura (and Gabby) Kinney, among others.

Web of Damnation: You know how Mephisto's been messing with the heroes, anti-heroes, and even outright villains of the Marvel Universe lately? Well, he's finally calling in those markers, forcing those he's targeted and roped into deals with him to band together if they wish to save their souls from eternal torment in Mephisto's realm, or being used by Mephisto to overthrow the current King of Hell --- Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider. And who's taking point in all this? Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and his beloved Mary Jane Watson, who are not only fighting for their own souls, but also the soul of their lost offspring, who may be the key to Mephisto's ultimate defeat and why Mephisto compelled them to exchange their marriage for the life of Peter's Aunt May.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I’d like there to be another Villain war like in The Iron Man story line back in the Seventies. Black Llama should re appear and get all kinds of Villains fighting over. Some damn maguffin or another. I think this would be a good way to re vamp and re energize some worthwhile villains and maybe help the hero community regain some credibility with the public. I always felt like this should have been a company wide event. Might be fun for Black Llama to be kind of like Leland Gaunt. Maybe include the Grandmaster and The Spinx( sp).

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I’d like there to be another Villain war like in The Iron Man story line back in the Seventies. Black Llama should re appear and get all kinds of Villains fighting over. Some damn maguffin or another. I think this would be a good way to re vamp and re energize some worthwhile villains and maybe help the hero community regain some credibility with the public. I always felt like this should have been a company wide event. Might be fun for Black Llama to be kind of like Leland Gaunt. Maybe include the Grandmaster and The Spinx( sp).
    A supervillain equivalent of a mob war would be great, and like you said, it'd help the heroes regain some credibility with the public after the near-constant violent (and public) infighting over the last decade or so of stories.

Not sure what it'd be called, but I had a dream where the X-Men teamed up with the Hulks (sans Red Hulk) to fight the Avengers, because the Red Hulk had done... something of dubious consequence, and the Avengers were sheltering him as one of their own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Gene Wars: In a nutshell, the mad geneticists of the Marvel Universe go to war with each other trying to access a digital archive containing the DNA of every superhuman being that's ever lived on Earth, and as they go to war, the heroes and villains they've had a hand in creating, empowering, or just messing with get caught in the crossfire.
    You know, did any comic ever follow up on High Evolutionary's warning to Quicksilver about some kind of Evolutionary War he knew was coming and was supposed to be preparing against, in Remender's Uncanny Avengers?

I thought it could be interesting but then Remender left Marvel and then Secret Wars washed over everything anyway.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    You know, did any comic ever follow up on High Evolutionary's warning to Quicksilver about some kind of Evolutionary War he knew was coming and was supposed to be preparing against, in Remender's Uncanny Avengers?

I thought it could be interesting but then Remender left Marvel and then Secret Wars washed over everything anyway.
    That could be amazing. Maybe someone should hit up Brevoort, Ewing, or Aaron.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That could be amazing. Maybe someone should hit up Brevoort, Ewing, or Aaron.
    I would definitely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Not sure what it'd be called, but I had a dream where the X-Men teamed up with the Hulks (sans Red Hulk) to fight the Avengers, because the Red Hulk had done... something of dubious consequence, and the Avengers were sheltering him as one of their own.
    Avengers Vs. X-Men II? Or would it be X-Men Vs. Avengers, this time?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I wonder if the warning ‘Evolutionary Wars’ can be turned into a reference about what Hickman is doing in X-Men. The conflict between mutantkind, baseline humans, homo novissima like Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, and machines AI like the Sentinels and the Technarchy, certainly sounds like an Evolutionary War. Quicksilver would be an ideal POV for such a storyline, considering he has ties to all these teams and elements. Maybe it could answering just what the heck Pietro is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I wonder if the warning ‘Evolutionary Wars’ can be turned into a reference about what Hickman is doing in X-Men. The conflict between mutantkind, baseline humans, homo novissima like Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, and machines AI like the Sentinels and the Technarchy, certainly sounds like an Evolutionary War. Quicksilver would be an ideal POV for such a storyline, considering he has ties to all these teams and elements. Maybe it could answering just what the heck Pietro is supposed to be.
    I like that idea, too, although technically, Captain America and Iron Man would be closer to prototype homo novissima than Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. After all, Cap and Iron Man were both deliberately modified and enhanced (Cap through the Super-Soldier Serum, Iron Man through Extremis, Bleeding Edge, and later on the "biotechnological reboot" that allegedly revived him after being beaten into a coma at the end of Civil War II), whereas Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four were one-off accidents. I would even throw in the Inhumans, if at all possible, since they were also the byproduct of alien interference with human evolution, albeit by the Kree instead of "higher beings" like the Celestials with mutants, the Eternals, and others with the genetic potential to develop superpowers.