Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I think I may have missed something but when exactly did Carol rejoin the Air Force. When her original series started I thought she was starting a new life after leaving the Air Force. It was mentioned one time in the Uncanny X-Men when she and Wolverine went to a military base and ran into Rogue after that it don't remember it been mentioned again until Reed used it during his run on the second Ms. Marvel book. If she was active all this time then shouldn't she be court marshalled for being AWOL during her time as Binary and a member of the Star Jammers?

Nope even if her book goes away carol lives

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Only if Moonstone,Mystique,Rouge, get to kill her together.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That's what happens when you go through TWO civil wars looking like a facist bully and round out the second one by trying to kill Tony Stark.

And then celebrate by being "the worlds most popular hero" and never looking back until your whole world goes to crap.

That what really gets in people's craw I think. The idea that she's "the best!" Do you prefer Spider-man? Lady Thor? Captain America? Well, too bad losers! Carol is #1 and your faves all suck.

It's bad enough when DC does this with Bat-God, who actually has a rep to back it up. But with Carol its a hundred times worse because as far as feats go she really doesn't stack up against Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Sue Storm or Jean Grey. And yes, I know most of that list is guys, but it doesn't change the reality of the stories.

What it looks like is that Carol gets a free pass to elite status just because she is a woman and Marvel wants to round things out. It's a noble goal, but they'd be better served by having her EARN that rank and not try to sell her as superior to every other hero.
    I thought it was because Carol has had such a bad hairdo for the last few years? :-p

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I thought it was because Carol has had such a bad hairdo for the last few years? :-p
    I think the 'do is merely the physical manifestation of her character devolution.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    speaking of damaged characters, why is Emma still breathing?
    Because Marvel needed a scapegoat to take all the blame for the Inhumans' death cloud. Killing her would have made her a martyr. Much better for Marvel to turn her into the heel than admit they screwed up in the story department.

Emma unapologetically did what was necessary for the right reasons and is denounced as a villain, while Carol does just as many awful things and is still treated as a hero in the Marvel Universe, it's a beautiful double standard.

But despite that, I actually once liked Carol Danvers. Taking her off the board and resetting her so that she is more reminiscent of the version Brian Reed, Kurt Busiek, and Chris Claremont wrote about would definitely help fix the character.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Because Marvel needed a scapegoat to take all the blame for the Inhumans' death cloud. Killing her would have made her a martyr. Much better for Marvel to turn her into the heel than admit they screwed up in the story department.

Emma unapologetically did what was necessary for the right reasons and is denounced as a villain, while Carol does just as many awful things and is still treated as a hero in the Marvel Universe, it's a beautiful double standard.
    Instigating a war over peaceful solutions for is the complete opposite of necessary. If anyone should die it's the bitch who wanted a massacre even after the source of the conflict is wiped out. Everything Emma did was for herself because of a misguided grudge.

@Michael you just had to open that Pandora's box.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no she shouldn't.

marvel should stop trying to shove her down out throats though.
    You know the best thing to do if your tired of publishers shoving things down your throat there's a simple solution for that: Don't buy it.

Seriously if you don't like it that's fine but a big problem I've noticed with the Marvel fandom is the selfish attitude of: I don't like it, therefore no one else should have it.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 11-11-2017 at 11:00 AM.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I know the original post was started almost a year ago, but how is Midnighter a "token"?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Instigating a war over peaceful solutions for is the complete opposite of necessary. If anyone should die it's the bitch who wanted a massacre even after the source of the conflict is wiped out. Everything Emma did was for herself because of a misguided grudge.
    It would have been better if she had just taken Medusa and Black Bolt out to space so she could sadistically enjoy watching them suffocate to death.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I know the original post was started almost a year ago, but how is Midnighter a "token"?
    He is not. And neither is Carol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    It would have been better if she had just taken Medusa and Black Bolt out to space so she could sadistically enjoy watching them suffocate to death.

It would have been better if Medusa had shattered Emma and gave the pieces to Mephisto for festering an unneeded conflict.

I love when someone gets so fired up about a comic that they are reduced to spitting out profanities. As I said, the editors and/ or writers wanted a scapegoat, so they threw a character under the bus to make the Inhumans seem sympathetic. It's a cheap manipulative writing tactic that resulted in a poorly resolved storyline. Professional writers should be better than that.

You know the best thing to do if your tired of publishers shoving things down your throat there's a simple solution for that: Don't buy it.
    Lots of fans have already taken this advice, Why do think sales of Carol's title are in the toilet? If you are a fan of the current run, you should be begging people to try it, not chasing them away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Lots of fans have already taken this advice, Why do think sales of Carol's title are in the toilet? If you are a fan of the current run, you should be begging people to try it, not chasing them away.
    Oh you mean what X-fans do with every Inhuman related title gets announced? Tell me did any give those fans a hard time when X-men Red was announced?

If fans really took that advice then there shouldn’t be anyone hoping that anything Inhuman related crashes and burn.

It would have been better if Medusa had shattered Emma and gave the pieces to Mephisto for festering an unneeded conflict.
    Who was it who had the X-Men attacked for trying to destroy the first cloud in DoX again?

Oh you mean what X-fans do with every Inhuman related title gets announced? Tell me did any give those fans a hard time when X-men Red was announced?

If fans really took that advice then there shouldn’t be anyone hoping that anything Inhuman related crashes and burn.
    This is a very confusing post. "What X-fans do..." Not buy Inhumans books? Beg people to try Inhumans books? I can only guess by your tone that it probably has something to do with X-fans "chasing people away from Inhumans books, " but the phrasing makes it completely unclear.

Besides, this thread is about Carol Danvers, we are getting completely off topic discussing the failure of the Inhumans books here.