Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Whether or not Carol Danvers should die is what Joey Tribbiani would call a moo point.

It ain't gonna happen with a movie in the wings.

That said, so far the cinematic MCU has shown a consistent ability to portray a likable or at least interesting version of Marvel heroes (except for Hawkeye, obviously). It will be interesting to see what they come up with in terms of Danvers' characterisation. If it's successful, movie synergy suggests that it will bleed through into the comics anyway.
    Agreed. I doubt we will see facist Carol in the movie, so maybe that horror will finally be expunged from the comics.

Nothing wrong with MCU Hawkeye.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Agreed. I doubt we will see facist Carol in the movie, so maybe that horror will finally be expunged from the comics.
    Question about "fascist Carol": is this actually an ongoing thing, or something that doesn't really exist outside of Civil War 2?

Poor Hawkeye.

I’m not a fan of the character but killing her off is a drastic and needless step. I hope they stop pushing her in every event and maybe give the character a rest for a while, it’s clear the push isn’t working her book has been relaunched many times and she can’t achieve respectable numbers. Just because she has a movie coming up doesn’t mean people will be interested in buying her book look at Scot Lang.

Scott's book wasn't cancelled for low sales, it ended so Spencer could write more Captain America.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Scott's book wasn't cancelled for low sales, it ended so Spencer could write more Captain America.
    I never said his book was cancelled for low sales. I said having a movie doesn’t mean people are going to want to buy the book. But If Scott’s book was popular enough spencer leaving wouldn’t have led to the book being cancelled since other writers exist.

All-New Member

How come no one remembers the critically well-revieved (if not acclaimed) Kelly Sue DeConnick run?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Question about "fascist Carol": is this actually an ongoing thing, or something that doesn't really exist outside of Civil War 2?
    It's about CWII, the people who say shit like that don't read her comics. Some mention her stance on the original CW too, but Tony fans are the last ones who can talk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DUSt View Post
    How come no one remembers the critically well-revieved (if not acclaimed) Kelly Sue DeConnick run?
    What do you mean? This run is the first thing people mention when it comes to Carol's recommended reading, and most people who consider themselves Carol fans today do because of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DUSt View Post
    That is DEFAULT reading for anyone who asks about her.

The issue is everything else that acme after it-that has been a mess.

Unfortunately you can’t expect non fans to read her book, the only exposure they have to the character is from cross over events and Carol’s portrayal in those events have soured a lot of people on the character. I’ll freely admit before civil war I had very little interest in the character and after civil war I had a clear dislike for her especially given her portrayal in the cross overs I read.

One problem today with Carol is she has no ambition. 40 years ago, Carol had ambition. 20 years ago, Carol had ambition. Hell, 10 years ago she ambition. Today, she's the Queen bee of the Marvel Universe with no real personal goals for her to reach for. This, in part, to me makes her D-U-L-L.

How would you describe Carol's personality? Is the same it has always been or has it changed?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Carol should campaign for the US Presidency on Marvel Earth and win.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One problem today with Carol is she has no ambition. 40 years ago, Carol had ambition. 20 years ago, Carol had ambition. Hell, 10 years ago she ambition. Today, she's the Queen bee of the Marvel Universe with no real personal goals for her to reach for. This, in part, to me makes her D-U-L-L.
    I think that's because she's more-or-less reached her goal, but doesn't like how it turned out and is maybe wondering if it was even worth it in the first place, given that her methods forced her into conflict with people she considered friends and left them feeling personally betrayed by her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Carol should campaign for the US Presidency on Marvel Earth and win.
    Carol's pushing 40 now, so she's old enough.