Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    It has consistently been one of their worst selling books. For example, in November issue 10 sold under the 20.000 copies which used to be cancelation line.
    To me this fact is why Marvel Comics is deserving of critisism.
    Any other marvel character's book would for sure get cancelled.

Bravo poster Teste.
    You to me make an intriguing point.

The marvel character Peter Parker was 'killed' of in 2012 and resurrected in 2014. It worked out well!

I am also very sorry poster Teste that you immediatly get accused of not liking the marvel character Carol Danvers.
    NO WHERE in your post was there to me a trace of malice.

Okay but she is going to need one Heck of a creative team. Some characters are better at withstanding bad storytelling, but Carol isn't one of those characters. I'll be honest, the only time this character was readable to me is when Kurt Busiek had her in his Avengers run. Kurt really took care of Carol, drawing on every facet of her past but still managing to do something new with her as well.

But Marvel doesn't have anyone in their stable that can give the character that kind of thoughtful attention. Marvel doesn't have any "Mr. Fix it" writers right now.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay but she is going to need one Heck of a creative team. Some characters are better at withstanding bad storytelling, but Carol isn't one of those characters. I'll be honest, the only time this character was readable to me is when Kurt Busiek had her in his Avengers run. Kurt really took care of Carol, drawing on every facet of her past but still managing to do something new with her as well.

But Marvel doesn't have anyone in their stable that can give the character that kind of thoughtful attention. Marvel doesn't have any "Mr. Fix it" writers right now.
    I thought Brian reed did amazing work with her character in his 50 issue run of ms marvel which ran from March 2006 to February 2010 I believe it was really amazing some of the best stories Carol has ever had.

so no I don't believe that no writer has been able to truly write her good since busiek he did amazing work with the character but I don't think it's true that no writer has done amazing work with the character since then Hickman for example wrote her amazingly in avengers as well as bendis in alias as well as bendis's avengers and new avengers run his mighty avengers run was interesting too to say the least I didn't like how he wrote doom in that though... and al Ewing has done some great things with the character in the ultimates.

But to each their own.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 01-18-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Should Carol Danvers die? No. Should Carol Danvers never be used by Bendis again? Yes. I'm surprised he didn't call her fat during Civil War 2.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No. Absolutely not. I've been critical of Carol lately and I still want Jean Grey or Maddy Pryor or Lady Sif or Oracle or Sue Richards or Cerise or Sundragon or Omnipotent Oshtur or Kismet/Ayesha or Sersi or Clea or Ardina ... well, just about anyone, really... to replace her in the Ultimates, but under no circumstances should she die. She deserves to continue her adventures in her own book as well as have a feature role on one of the other Avengers teams. More importantly, she deserves to stick around long enough for a writer to vault her to that next level.

should she die? Prolly yeah.

Sorry, I mean YAAS QUEEN she should die

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I thought Brian reed did amazing work with her character in his 50 issue run of ms marvel which ran from March 2006 to February 2010 I believe it was really amazing some of the best stories Carol has ever had.
    I wish Brian Reed had continued writing Carol when she become Captain Marvel. I enjoyed his work with the character. I liked how he had Carol confront all the baggage that was holding her back so she can become the hero she wanted to be. Burying the hatchet with Rogue, Mystique being her villain again, Moonstone stealing her identity. All great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wish Brian Reed had continued writing Carol when she become Captain Marvel. I enjoyed his work with the character. I liked how he had Carol confront all the baggage that was holding her back so she can become the hero she wanted to be. Burying the hatchet with Rogue, Mystique being her villain again, Moonstone stealing her identity. All great stuff.
    No she didn't she hated Rogue, she should always hate Rogue like Flash and Green arrow hating each other for political views.

As to the thread, eh kill her off limbo will be a good vacation until she returns.

BANNED

No. But if it was Beast, id be fine.

Pfft... I cannot put into words how terrible I think this idea is... No... just no

Extraordinary Member

I get the reasoning. After the first Civil War, Tony Stark effective lydied, getting rebooted as a years younger version in order to erase the awfulness of what was done with his character during the crossover events and subsequent stories.

However, I dont think that's the right way to go for Carol.

First, if her books sales are poor you can cancel the book. But that doesn't have to mean killing her.

Second, LOTS of books have been relaunched by Marvel in last few years. How many first issues of Avengers titles, Iron Man, Thor, etc have there been? This is not considered a mandate for killing them. These days it usually just means a change of focus, and/or creative team.

And I agree with other posters here. Bendis kind of trashed Carols rep in the latest event, and I would like to see that repaired rather than her die as is.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Nah, don't get me wrong she was terrible in CW2, but other characters have come back from worst.

Been there,done that...sort of!
    More than 35 years ago, Chris Claremont tore down Carol to the ground to rebuild her as Binary...then she got stuck in comic book limbo for the next 15 years...

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Should she die? HELL NO! but I can see her fake her death and go undercover. Plus she's going to be in Marvel vs Capcom .

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

We just lost Tony! So, nope.