Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Not in the least although,if Linda Danvers could team up with her to take on extraterrestrial & supernatural threats that would awesome. Seriously, Carol Danvers is one of Marvel's best female characters so don't kill her.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Killed no....maybe she should give the Captain Marvel title to someone else.
    They have a movie coming out under that name so the chances of that happening are pretty much zero. Same with the poster saying she should go back to using the name Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If she can't sell a book, Marvel needs to look at what it's doing wrong.
    or they can relaunch after her movie; like with every other popular character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The captain marvel mantle is Carol's now kamala stole Carol's pervious ms marvel mantle and when Carol took the mantle of captain marvel it made sense because she had history with mar-vell they were lovers and he also was like a idol to her a hero she looked up to and he is how she got her powers and she's kree so she makes sense.

Monica never made sense as captain marvel I think the problem is the direction marvel has taken with Carol as captain marvel given the history she has with the kree and captain mar-vell it made sense when she took on the mantle of captain marvel because of that history and Monica has more or less moved on and accepted Carol as captain marvel.

And when I say kamala stole Carol's original alias of ms marvel I meant that is who people know ms marvel as now is kamala khan I think it's come to a point where Carol being captain marvel isn't the problem it's the direction they're taking with her character.

And given the success of kamala as ms marvel I believe that Carol is going to remain as captain marvel for the foreseeable future.

And lastly I think Monica is better as spectrum.

If I have one last thing to add it is like kamala khan has more or less become a success as ms marvel and Carol she was ms marvel for decades before she became captain marvel and now say what you will about the direction that Carol has gone as captain marvel but that's who Carol is known as now that is what defines her now.
    Shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Based on these pages I think Marvel needs to lure Hickman back to do a solo book. And I wouldn't mind Deodato on art.
    That would be a very effective way of killing any interest I have in the Captain Marvel title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Shots fired!
    Incorrectly!

You know, kill Carol could be a good strategy to push her up. After all death in superheroes comics is not about death, but how they will return. Kill her, keep herbok pusblishing and bring her back in timefor her movie. It worked for Captain America. Also, her death could serve as penance for her actions during Civil war 2, same way as Iron man "died" in Siege to be clean of his actions in the first Civil war.
    Now, it is not necessary a standard death, but also a absence of her role (as Thor is right now or as Steve was during time runs out) and meanwhile Monica could step in as temporary Captain Marvel.

And imagine the publicity:"Marvel killed her top female heroine!" "They are mysoginists!" and when she returns Marvel wisely will answer: "It was all part of the plan".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You know, kill Carol could be a good strategy to push her up. After all death in superheroes comics is not about death, but how they will return. Kill her, keep herbok pusblishing and bring her back in timefor her movie. It worked for Captain America. Also, her death could serve as penance for her actions during Civil war 2, same way as Iron man "died" in Siege to be clean of his actions in the first Civil war.
    Now, it is not necessary a standard death, but also a absence of her role (as Thor is right now or as Steve was during time runs out) and meanwhile Monica could step in as temporary Captain Marvel.

And imagine the publicity:"Marvel killed her top female heroine!" "They are mysoginists!" and when she returns Marvel wisely will answer: "It was all part of the plan".
    No keep Monica far away from the captain marvel mantle I'd rather see kamala become captain marvel if Carol died then ever see Monica retake it.

I doubt marvel intends on killing Carol or even have Carol not be captain marvel anymore any time soon or at all though considering how supportive and committed they have been of Carol Danvers as captain marvel and how obvious it is that they truly believe in and have faith in Carol Danvers as captain marvel despite all the hate the character gets and I've said it many times but it's admirable and brave on marvel's part in how they continue to have faith in and believe in Carol Danvers as captain marvel and how committed and supportive they are in pushing her despite all the hate the character gets.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-18-2017 at 09:32 PM.

No keep Monica far away from the captain marvel mantle I'd rather see kamala become captain marvel if Carol died then ever see Monica retake it.

I doubt marvel intends on killing Carol or even have Carol not be captain marvel anymore any time soon or at all though considering how supportive and committed they have been of Carol Danvers as captain marvel and how obvious it is that they truly believe in and have faith in Carol Danvers as captain marvel despite all the hate the character gets and I've said it many times but it's admirable and brave on marvel's part in how they continue to have faith in and believe in Carol Danvers as captain marvel and how committed and supportive they are in pushing her despite all the hate the character gets.
    I don't think ""to have faith" is the right set of word to use. Marvel needs to keep the name "Captain Marvel" being published. That's why they keep Carol in the role. But until now their strategy seems to be failing. They had pushed Carol as the top dog of the Marvel universe but it seems it is not working with the readers and that means that a change in their strategy is needed. It is possible?
    Yes, it does. Inhumans had changed their direction and it seems improving.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Lol, I like Monica, but I agree that I don't want her to be Captain Marvel again. She never made much sense with that codename anyway, and Kamala would be the logical successor.

I doubt though that Marvel will kill off Carol and I hope they don't. She's going to continue to be built up until her movie, by which time, she should get a surge of new readers and popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't think ""to have faith" is the right set of word to use. Marvel needs to keep the name "Captain Marvel" being published. That's why they keep Carol in the role. But until now their strategy seems to be failing. They had pushed Carol as the top dog of the Marvel universe but it seems it is not working with the readers and that means that a change in their strategy is needed. It is possible?
    Yes, it does. Inhumans had changed their direction and it seems improving.
    A new strategy is needed for sure but I don't think the correct answer to the problem Carol is struggling with as captain marvel means that she needs to be killed off or replaced by someone else to take over as the new captain marvel.

But here's the thing in my honest opinion I don't think the answer is killing off Carol or having her not be captain marvel anymore, and no I don't believe that their faith in Carol as captain marvel is just to retain the captain marvel name rights I truly believe that despite how terribly here series sells month to month and how hated the character has more or less become that marvel does actually believe in and faith in Carol Danvers as captain marvel and I do believe that they're still very much committed to her as captain marvel despite all things considered.

And again as I said its brave on their very much so for marvel to be continuing to be committed and still support and even have faith in and believe in Carol Danvers as captain marvel.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-18-2017 at 10:51 PM.

I must admit I haven't read much of Captain Marvel, besides team books and crossovers. But from what I've gathered from her she's this sort of stubborn hard-ass who plays it by the books (Civil War, Civil War II, the numerous Avengers ...) so her main problem for me is that she's portrayed as a tactician, but terrible writing makes her look dumb and even unlikeable because she's unable to see her own flaws, and unwilling to either. Compared to someone like Iron Man or Spider-Man, whose MOs are basically make bad decisions. So even though those two keep on making bad decisions, at least it seems they learn from them (or editorial steps in to undo their messes) compared to Carol, who sort of ... believes she's always right.

Might just be because i have a lack of knowledge of her solo (although I did read a part of Reed and DeConnick) I just sort of don't understand what she's meant to be as a character. I read that DeConnick pitched her as a complete Type-A control freak, and that's never really going to be an extremely relatable character - I mean, has anyone actually enjoyed being in the company of someone whose completely resolute in all their decisions? Worse that - someone who's in a position of power, like a manager or a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    I must admit I haven't read much of Captain Marvel, besides team books and crossovers. But from what I've gathered from her she's this sort of stubborn hard-ass who plays it by the books (Civil War, Civil War II, the numerous Avengers ...) so her main problem for me is that she's portrayed as a tactician, but terrible writing makes her look dumb and even unlikeable because she's unable to see her own flaws, and unwilling to either. Compared to someone like Iron Man or Spider-Man, whose MOs are basically make bad decisions. So even though those two keep on making bad decisions, at least it seems they learn from them (or editorial steps in to undo their messes) compared to Carol, who sort of ... believes she's always right.

Might just be because i have a lack of knowledge of her solo (although I did read a part of Reed and DeConnick) I just sort of don't understand what she's meant to be as a character. I read that DeConnick pitched her as a complete Type-A control freak, and that's never really going to be an extremely relatable character - I mean, has anyone actually enjoyed being in the company of someone whose completely resolute in all their decisions? Worse that - someone who's in a position of power, like a manager or a boss.
    Except in both post civil war and post civil war ii she had a lot of regret about the decisions she made in both stories, Carol isn't the kind of character who believes she's always right, she's the kind of character whose willing to do whatever it takes to protect the earth and its inhabitants it's never about proving that she's right ever if that's how you interpret the character you just don't get the character of Carol Danvers plain and simple.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-19-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Except in both post civil war and post civil war ii she had a lot of regret about the decisions she made in both stories, Carol isn't the kind of character who believes she's always right, she's the kind of character whose willing to do whatever it takes to protect the earth and its inhabitants it's never about proving that she's right ever if that's how you interpret the character you just don't get the character of Carol Danvers plain and simple.
    As I said, I don't know her as a character, so yeah, I don't get the character as you do. But I read her in satellite books, such as Spider-Woman, where even her best friend doesn't want to speak to her. I mean, it's hard to sympathise with a character when pretty much half the books actively portray every other character attacking her for her decision making. From what I've read, I can stand by the idea that she appears in the mainstream Marvel comics (and her solo doesn't sell well - so this is what most people see of her) as someone who's stubborn and unwilling to back down from controversial decisions. So she appears she thinks she's always right, despite characters arguing against her. And from the regrets I've seen, it's regrets over the way things turned out rather than admitting she made a mistake.

Well, yeah, she's willing to do whatever it takes but it becomes a form of stubbornness when the writers give her the only option of either being fascist or not doing anything at all. The problem is that in Civil War II, there wasn't really that pervasive level of threat in the plot really to necessitate "keeping the world safe with whatever it takes" - unlike say in Avengers Vs X-Men, another poorly written event but you could at least understand that Cyclops was under a present threat of having his species wiped out. Again - it's due to bad writing, and the problem is I don't think I've ever seen her written particularly well. I'd really like to enjoy the character, but when most writers and characters are treating her as someone who makes controversial choices, you surely must understand that people are going to either defend her or attack her.

I see her as too much like Maria Hill ... but Maria is regularly called up on her mistakes, and we're meant to see her as someone who makes the tough choices which are meant to make the world better, but she keeps messing up. What works with her though is that she's not being positioned as a hero who we're supposed to like and root for.

Mighty Member

I don't even like Captain Marvel, but there is a Movie coming, it would be a very stupid idea. Marvel just need to find good writers and a good direction.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !