Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm wondering who this bounty hunter is and what they are up to? I have to admit I was a bit confused here because at one point it looked like the kid was yelling that Carol was hurting her. But then on the space station she seemed fine? I think I need to go back an re-read it.
    That was the shapeshifter, trying to screw her up to the people there, by making it look like she's hurting the kid.

does Carol even have a rogues gallery anymore? I think it's an essential part of an A-List character's "dna."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    damn, projected a lottttttttttttttttttt based on 2 sentences there lol
    Isn't that business as usual for some?

And oh, in Carol's defense, NONE of her costume ever had cleavage. It showed her arms, thighs, but not her boobs.

So I really like this. It was better than I expected, and I already expected it to be good. I liked the humour, there's an intriguing plot being developed, Stohl's got a great voice for Carol (and also does great work with Jess, Wendy, Brand and Puck). And the Cap'n Marvel show was really funny. I want more of that. I want an annual where Carol, Jess and a couple others do an MST3K-style commentary on an episode of Cap'n Marvel. That would be the best thing.

I also liked the art more than I expected.

So, yeah, I really dug this. It's a great start to the run.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    too bad. I'm a sucker for underexposed super-villain cameo.
    She fought Doctor Minerva in her civil war ii tie in who was a villian of the original captain mar-vell and sometimes on again off again villian of Carol Danvers so she occasionally has her villains she faces off against.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    does Carol even have a rogues gallery anymore? I think it's an essential part of an A-List character's "dna."
    The X-Men books pretty much stole all her major enemies.

And the shapeshifter in this issue isn't any known character, correct?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Shapeshifter? As in, not Mystique (for obvious reasons)?
    Nah, even though they didn't really show the shapeshifters real identity, they mention that the shapeshifter is a bounty hunter. I don't think Mistique would hunt for Captain Marvel for money.

The two most well known possibilities are a Skrull, or Mystique (who WAS originally one of Carol's rogues). We won't know until next issue, but I'm betting on a Skrull.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

She may be a new creation altogether I could be wrong sometimes I tend to be forgetful of things lol I tend to re-read comics a lot to refresh my memory just to memorize and with marvel unlimited it's more convenient to read up on older comics from marvel.

But I think Margaret stohl the writer has said that she intends on creating new villains for Carol since she doesn't really have much outside of moonstone, Doctor Minerva who originally was the original captain marvel/mar-vell's villains she even made a cameo appearance in Carol's captain marvel civil war ii tie ins.

We also have mystique but much like moonstone these villains haven't fought Carol since she was ms marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    She fought Doctor Minerva in her civil war ii tie in who was a villian of the original captain mar-vell and sometimes on again off again villian of Carol Danvers so she occasionally has her villains she faces off against.
    that's why i bought that issue.

Has yet to be revealed! Which is exciting, because I'm a sucker for shapeshifters. Just give them all to me.

Well, Moonstone's more of an anti-hero these days, as a long serving Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Carol should have inherited all of Starks gallery after CWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The two most well known possibilities are a Skrull, or Mystique (who WAS originally one of Carol's rogues). We won't know until next issue, but I'm betting on a Skrull.
    That's what I think too.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast