Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017 Thread

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Completely forgot about this thread guys. Sorry
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just about everyone else, including my Phillies kick off their season today. HOORAY! Here's a little something to get fans pumped up for baseball:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ah opening day with the Chicago Cubs as the defending world champions. Honestly, who thought they'd live to see the day when they could say that with a straight face?

Personally, I think the Indians will bounce back this year and make a run. I also think San Francisco will be heavily in the mix. I know it's early, but right now, I think those two are the teams to beat. I also think the Red Sox are going to take a step back. With Big Pappi retiring, I think that team needs to reinvent itself before it can compete again. Same for the Yankees. Some teams are going through a transition period. Others are stacked for a title run. Should make for a fun season!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm really hoping that the Red Sox kick off their season nicely today against the Pirates.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm not expecting much from my Phillies as I don't see them winning more than 75 games in what is now a full blown rebuild. However, we have several good players down in the minors who could well help fuel a new renaissance once they've been called up.

Opening Day!!!

A lot of question marks for the Mariners this year. Both good and bad. Smyly starting the season on the 60 Day isn't a good omen, but I hope the rest of the rotation will be solid.

Will Cruz finally start to show his age or keep up his unexpected production levels? And many more questions...

Go Mariners!!!

Good opening day baseball. D-Backs ran out onto the field like they just took the pennant! It was a great ninth inning, fun to watch.

Time for unbridled optimism and belief that your team is going to make it to the World Series against all odds. Congrats everyone on being champions for a day!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

My Cubbies lost, but they spoiled Martinez' good pitching effort. They were down 3-0 to the Cards in the ninth and Contreras hit a 3 run HR to tie it and send it to the bottom of the ninth.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

6 Stellar innings from Thor and a big! 7th inning from the Mets' bats. NYM win their opening game.
    Also, the Braves relievers suck.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My Phillies nipped Cincinnati 4-3 to open the season off on the right foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    6 Stellar innings from Thor and a big! 7th inning from the Mets' bats. NYM win their opening game.
    I wish the Cubs had him. I love watching him pitch

My A's at home beat rival Angels on the strength of two (!) homers from Davis and manning up on defense.

Plus - their field is now Ricky Henderson Field. Awesome.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Oh yes... great game wasn't it?

Let's go Mets!

5mM6bHd.jpg

Just got an alert on my phone that 36 year old Ryan Howard, released by the Phillies after 13 seasons but didn't get a sniff from teams during spring training signed a minor league deal with the Braves today.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Nice to see the TWINS get the start off to a good start by sweeping the Royals. YAY!