Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micronauts

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I'm just about to finish up the original series. It had its highs and lows, I think the Michael Golden issues cement its status as legendary. There was some stuff in the 30's and 40's that was a chore to get thru.
    I bought the New Voyages series about 20 years ago in a 25 cent bin. Don't remember a whole lot about it, but I think it did have ties to the ending of the original, which inspired me to get the original.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

OOPS...forgot to mention they made a decent appearance in the Peter David Captain Marvel series too...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They just recently had a mini series called Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force which I think is their new team name now since they can't use Micronauts and Microns always sounded lame. It was a 3 issue mini series which was tied to the Hulk and his other son Hiro-Kala.

I know there was a crossover storyline in Venom and Scarlet Spider that took place in the Microverse and had them fighting Carnage, but I don't know if the Micronauts were in it.

I have said in a few other threads that I think Marvel could use Acroyear, Biotron, Microtron, and probably even Karza again with some minor tweaks and new names. I am pretty sure Marvel came up with all the backstory of the characters so I would think that would still be theres.

I say change Acroyear's name to either Akros or Spartak. He could still be a fallen king of a warrior race with all his old back story intack. Give him either new armor that looks different enough form his old to not get sued, or just make him very strong and tough without armour. The best thing about him was his story not just his look.

Biotron I think could be used by just merging his mind with the Deaths Head robot that is hanging around with the team now. Call him something like Biodec or Debocron. All the old ties to Rann would be intact.

Karza you could just go all Voldermort with. A creature so evil that scarred Homeworld so badly for almost a millenium that they don't even say his name anymore. He is simply the Dark One or the Dark Lord. He doesn't even have to have a physical body anymore just an evil spirt. Just don't call him Baron Karza or show him with his old look and I think it is fine.

P.S. They need to bring back Huntarr. I am not sure why they stopped using him, but he was one of my favorites. Bring him back looking like his original form though and not that ugly New Voyages look.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 07-15-2014 at 09:29 PM.

BANNED

I have a complete run of the Marvel Mirconauts. Those are great. The image/whatever were poor to very poor.

I found the first 12 issues kind of like Star Wars, there's more than a few similarities for something that came out around
    the same time.

Fantastic Member

Now that a new Micronauts movie is scheduled to come out in 2021 (keeps fingers crossed), I hope this will lead to Marvel reprinting the original Micronauts series. I haven't read any of these in years, but do remember the art & stories being amazing. My understanding is that the series has not been reprinted because of copyright issues involving the Micronauts characters - but, maybe a new film will generate enough interest so that these can be rights issues can be straightened out. One can only hope.

It will be not a movie made by MarvelStudios/Disney, but by Paramount. So, I would not have high hope in reprints. Marvel is kinda petty when they don't have the cinematography rights.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Now that a new Micronauts movie is scheduled to come out in 2021 (keeps fingers crossed), I hope this will lead to Marvel reprinting the original Micronauts series. I haven't read any of these in years, but do remember the art & stories being amazing. My understanding is that the series has not been reprinted because of copyright issues involving the Micronauts characters - but, maybe a new film will generate enough interest so that these can be rights issues can be straightened out. One can only hope.
    I'm not sure Marvel CAN reprint the series, legally. After all, many of the characters are intellectual property that they no longer have the license for, and if they profit from them, that's a trademark violation.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Marvel doesn't have the rights to pretty much any Micronauts character except maybe Bug. They can't reprint anything without a deal.

Who has the current rights? IDW? I would love it if they just reached some kind of global deal that let IDW reprint the Marvel licensed titles even if a Marvel character guest starred as long as Marvel can reprint the stories where a licensed Hasbro character appeared. They could specifically work out direct crossovers to allow both to print them. It seems the companies have a good relationship now, so it might not be completely far-fetched.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel doesn't have the rights to pretty much any Micronauts character except maybe Bug. They can't reprint anything without a deal.
    They have quite a few actually. They have Bug, Arcturus Rann, Marionette, Huntarr, and pretty much any character they created for the comics that was not based on a toy. They can not use the one based on toys like Acroyear, Biotron, Microtron, Baron Karza, Force Commander, Pharoid, and a few others. Everything else Marvel still owns. I think most of the lore created about the Microverse also came from Marvel so they own all the too.

Your right in they can not reprint the old series or use the name Micronauts though.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a Micronauts movie. But I did see that they plan to change the premise a bit. I'm definitely not against what they want to do but I will admit to wanting them to kind of adapt the original story a bit.

Meanwhile, I'm just about done completing my run of the original and The New Voyages series.

And despite the hurdles, I'd gladly trade in the single issues if Marvel could reprint both of these series in collections.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

IIRC, Hasbro had mentioned something about wanting to do a shared universe type thing with their movies.

But when MASK and ROM were both shelved, plans may have changed.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.