Default Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding

Death Stranding's the new game being developed by Kojima's new studio, and will star Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen and also involves Guillermo Del Toro (He's seen in the trailer but I also think he's doing some producing as well). Reedus and Del Toro of course, worked on Kojima's cancelled "Silent Hills" project. It's a bit unclear what the gameplay will be like, but the trailers sort of suggest some kind of post-apocalyptic world where dead soldiers and obselete technology are controlled by some kind of 'strand', and something to do with vanishing babies (It's a Kojima plot, so there's bound to be some weirdness). There's also rumors that Kojima is looking to possibly cast Emma Stone, Idris Elba and Kevin Durand in certain roles.

Anybody else interested in this game? It'll be interesting to see what Kojima will do without Konami. Reportedly, he wanted there to be more in MGSV but the issues with Konami led to what some think is an unfinished game. (Especially since there's some footage of an act or level in which we learn what becomes of Eli....and setting up more of him becoming Liquid Snake).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-19-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

All-New Member

Has there been any more details about the story? The one trailer I saw didn't explain much at all. I'm usually down for a Kojima game, but I'd like to know what it is though. It was a shame they didn't get to finish the Silent Hill game. The demo looked pretty awesome.

DEFINITELY interested in this game! = )

I'm not entirely sold on it yet either though... mainly because of aesthetic reasons - if everything is going to be drab and grey, then it's probably not my thing. Another problem is that I'm not all that much into horror... so I wasn't very interested in Silent Hills either - it remains to be seen just what the game will turn out to be - but I'll be following it closely, because Kojima is definitely one of those creators that always warrants at least a look.

not much revealed about the story apart from what has been shown in trailers. I think it will use the Horizon Zero Dawn engine though. As for horror, a lot of Kojima's stuff, including Metal Gear Solid, have used horror elements without being directly horrific.

Sorry to bump this two year old thread but a big, 9 minute trailer was just released. Plot still doesn't make any more sense though

It looks so unique/distinct storywise.

Day 1 purchase for me.

Early reviews are now out. Somewhat mixed, but this might be in part because expectations were so high.

Launch trailer

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Early reviews are now out. Somewhat mixed, but this might be in part because expectations were so high.
    Amazon Prime simulator definitely wasn't what I expected from this game.

Seems to be getting a lot of criticism similar to Metal Gear Solid V, particularly that the open world is largely "empty".

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Amazon Prime simulator definitely wasn't what I expected from this game.
    What you just run around delivering stuff? Lol

Dr Wang

The game in two words: watching & walking

Cheers
    Last edited by Dr Wang; 12-26-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Its an acquired taste/slow burn so if you aren't sold on the story via the trailers, you are better off waiting for a price drop or getting something else.