Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I lean towards the theory that the Superman we get post "Reborn" will be a Superman that's fully integrated into the Rebirth universe, with a history and memories to reflect that. This whole strange period in his history will be explained away as an enemy's attempt to destroy his life.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

My take on it is this: The New 52 Earth is the same as the Post-Crisis world but merged with the Vertigo and Wildstorm universes. Those additions irrevocably altered the universe. Then Dr. Manhattan moved in and altered the world further by eliminating 10 years of history. At the end of the Rebirth story, the 10 years will be restored. Most characters will have backstories and personalities that are similar to their Post-Crisis selves but not 100% the same because we are still dealing with all the myriad of small and large changes that the addition of Vertigo and Wildstorm universes wrought upon the history of the combined universe relative to the history of the Post-Crisis universe. Basically this gives DC the ability to have its cake and eat it too. We get the post-Crisis universe back, mostly, but we also get a simplified continuity, updated origins and modern/updated versions of the characters.

I still think the ultimate reveal will be that Earth-0 is the original Earth-One. Or perhaps a combination of Earth-One and Earth-Two (possibly hinted at by such Golden Age occurrences being referenced like the first appearance of Selina Kyle, for example).

No destruction of the multiverse=no original clutterearth origin for the post-Crisis era. So the Earth in the post-Crisis days can't really be classified as it once was anymore, in theory.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think the ultimate reveal will be that Earth-0 is the original Earth-One. Or perhaps a combination of Earth-One and Earth-Two (possibly hinted at by such Golden Age occurrences being referenced like the first appearance of Selina Kyle, for example).

No destruction of the multiverse=no original clutterearth origin for the post-Crisis era. So the Earth in the post-Crisis days can't really be classified as it once was anymore, in theory.
    I think the ship has sailed on it being the original Earth 1 'untouched' long ago, since at some point the JSA will be re-established on Earth 0.

That said, restoring elements from Pre-Flashpoint earth essentially means bringing back elements of Earth 1 since the former was essentially the latter with elements of the other earths thrown in.

(Incidentally, as far as the Batman mythos are concerned, Golden Age stories applied to BOTH Earth 1 and Earth 2, and to pre-Flashpoint earth as well courtesy Morrison).

There just won't be a full-scale reversion to Pre-Flashpoint continuity, any more than there was a full-scale reversion to Pre-COIE continuity after Infinite Crisis. Rather, elements of the previous continuity will be incorporated as and when it can fit into current continuity, and in some cases, there will just be a logical progression 'back' to the old status quo.