Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Is the Riverdale TV Show An Evil Catch-22!?

Given how much Archie has put into promoting the TV show and is most likely hoping for its success, I can't help but think of it as an evil catch-22. If it does well they will use it as an excuse to further ignore the fans of their Dark Circle line, and focus more time & resources on the mainline, if it does poorly they could become in even worse financial straights then they already are and potentially make the Afterlife & Dark circle lines releases even more sparse. Heck they could even use it as an excuse to release the Action titles sporadically instead of monthly as well.

So what do you think!?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I personally have no interest in the show; but I hope that it somehow manages to help out the company in the long term. As annoyed as I am with Archie and they way that they have managed the Dark circle line, I would hate to see the company go belly-up and vanish.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Given how much Archie has put into promoting the TV show and is most likely hoping for its success, I can't help but think of it as an evil catch-22. If it does well they will use it as an excuse to further ignore the fans of their Dark Circle line, and focus more time & resources on the mainline, if it does poorly they could become in even worse financial straights then they already are and potentially make the Afterlife & Dark circle lines releases even more sparse. Heck they could even use it as an excuse to release the Action titles sporadically instead of monthly as well.

So what do you think!?
    Aren't the Action titles just Sonic now? There's already heavy speculation that it's cancelled anyway. Mega Man finished over a year ago.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't the Action titles just Sonic now? There's already heavy speculation that it's cancelled anyway. Mega Man finished over a year ago.
    Archie still has the Rights to Mega-Man, they just aren't doing anything with it. And the Rumors of Sonic being canned are most likely false overreaction to a much more complicated behind the scenes issue at this point.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!