Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Default The Terrigen Mist Cloud: Inhumans Vs Nuhumans and the X-Men

After reading the IvX#3 preview and seeing how the two Nuhumans are so determined to stop the X-Men, even if they have to go through Wolverine, I got to wondering. Why are THEY so invested in this? At this point, both of them should have been more concerned with getting to safety, even though their lives shouldn't be in danger (was of X-23 trying to do last issue?!), but they are instead risking their lives to save a cloud. I get why the Inhumans are so invested. It's been ingrained in their culture for centuries, its no different than the sun for them. But these Nuhumans are new... very new. Not even a year into this life. They have to strange and awesome people preaching to them the importance of the terrigen, but if anyone from that bunch should be questioning the Inhumans decision not to get rid of it, it should be them. They are less indoctrinated and by all account should be able to sympathize with the X-Men's plight. Instead, they are zealots? Willing to take on the likes of Wolverine, whom, if they really did read up on X-Men, should be the boogie-man to them. Wolverine was and should hold back. He even tried to reason with them. He gave the kid a way out and even went as far as to explain his motives. I thought the kid would have responded with his own quip after hearing Wolverine say that he's 'doing it for his people'. Thats more conversation than we've gotten between the two sides since we started and it ultimately came to Wolverine being somehow outsmarted (why didn't he just retract his claws?)... Just saying, there should be more parody within the Inhuman ranks. Wanting to change is one thing, but at the cost of an entire species? C'mon now. Not one decenter, not one?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 01-19-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

They've been indoctrinated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    After reading the IvX#3 preview and seeing how the two Nuhumans are so determined to stop the X-Men, even if they have to go through Wolverine, I got to wondering. Why are THEY so invested in this? At this point, both of them should have been more concerned with getting to safety, even though their lives shouldn't be in danger (was of X-23 trying to do last issue?!), but they are instead risking their lives to save a cloud. I get why the Inhumans are so invested. It's been ingrained in their culture for centuries, its no different than the sun for them. But these Nuhumans are new... very new. Not even a year into this life. They have to strange and awesome people preaching to them the importance of the terrigen, but if anyone from that bunch should be questioning the Inhumans decision not to get rid of it, it should be them. They are less indoctrinated and by all account should be able to sympathize with the X-Men's plight. Instead, they are zealots? Willing to take on the likes of Wolverine, whom, if they really did read up on X-Men, should be the boogie-man to them. Wolverine was and should hold back. He even tried to reason with them. He gave the kid a way out and even went as far as to explain his motives. I thought the kid would have responded with his own quip after hearing Wolverine say that he's 'doing it for his people'. Thats more conversation than we've gotten between the two sides since we started and it ultimately came to Wolverine being somehow outsmarted (why didn't he just retract his claws?)... Just saying, there should be more parody within the Inhuman ranks. Wanting to change is one thing, but at the cost of an entire species? C'mon now. Not one decenter, not one?
    From what I can tell at least one X-Man has found purchase within at least one Inhuman -- or should I say NuInhuman
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-19-2017 at 08:00 PM.

I've gotta say, Soule depicts cult-like behavior as if he's done extensive research on them.

I was discussing this with another user, but it would be poetic if the Nuhumans would turn on the Royal family and helped to destroy the cloud if they learned the real extent which mutants are threatened by the mist. I feel like beyond Crystal's team, most of the Nuhumans are in the dark about the situation.

But maybe that's being optimistic, considering regular humans could care less if sentinels hunt mutants.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    They've been indoctrinated.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Oh now I get...they have to blow up Attilan for the blue ending, the Jean Grey school for the red and have Magneto smash the two together into one horrifying abomination of architecture for the green!
    THIS STORY IS BRILLIANT!

Incredible Member

The real question here is why is Attilan having an interest in awakening as many inhumans as possible, it can't be for the sake of continuing the species. The terrigenesis has always been a selective process done in their own nation, and not everyone went through it. So why this sudden need for everyone to go through terrigenesis?

My bet is that they're going to use NuHUmans as canon fodder, they need an army for their own purposes, and when the NuHumans found out about this they're not going to like it. So yeah they're all being manipulated by the royals.

It's a hero vs hero event. Including people that have no reason to be there or choose the side they're on is one of the priorities on these.

Incredible Member

Because the book has to go 6 issues as mandated by Marvel editors. Otherwise thus issue should have been the end, would've been nice so I can move on reading my books without these stupid crossovers for 6 issues until the next one.

Black Panther gets butchered, Black Bolt gets butchered, OML gets butchered. Punisher should just come in, kill everybody off and call it a day then Luke Cage should punch out IF and that would complete the butchering of all my fav characters.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 01-19-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Didn't Dante's parents or sibling get killed by the Terrigen Mists? Didn't Flint's adoptive parents get killed by the Terrigen Mists?? At least Synapse has some common sense, denouncing the very poisonous cloud that turned her uncle's rhetoric into reality, and even almost turned Boston and the entire world into a giant overgrown forest. Also, whatever mysterious thing that happened to her brother that caused a deep divide between the two. Moon Girl straight up wanted to cure terrigen transformations as well as saying that the Cloud forcefully transforms those who don't want to become Inhuman. What's even creepier is that this is recruitment for some upcoming war. Are they honestly going to send kids that go through Terrigenisis to war?

Maybe you should ask an abridged version of this question in Soule's X-po. I've been wondering this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Didn't Dante's parents or sibling get killed by the Terrigen Mists? Didn't Flint's adoptive parents get killed by the Terrigen Mists?? At least Synapse has some common sense, denouncing the very poisonous cloud that turned her uncle's rhetoric into reality, and even almost turned Boston and the entire world into a giant overgrown forest. Also, whatever mysterious thing that happened to her brother that caused a deep divide between the two. Moon Girl straight up wanted to cure terrigen transformations as well as saying that the Cloud forcefully transforms those who don't want to become Inhuman. What's even creepier is that this is recruitment for some upcoming war. Are they honestly going to send kids that go through Terrigenisis to war?
    The bad aspects of the cloud are downplayed to the extreme esp. considering how it's compared to a peanut allergy. If mutants dying isn't enough, you've got all the other angles from which it is objectively horrible.
    To be fair, the X-Men have been doing the newly powered child or adult soldier thing for years, usually in the most extreme and desperate situations. That's a case where your mutant powers have activated and you're under threat so fight to save yourself and/or others. Here it's an Inhuman case of you potentially being under threat one day in the hypothetical future so let's activate your powers against your will just in case the royal family ever need you to face down Thanos or Sabretooth or whoever shows up and bad talks Medusa.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I was discussing this with another user, but it would be poetic if the Nuhumans would turn on the Royal family and helped to destroy the cloud if they learned the real extent which mutants are threatened by the mist. I feel like beyond Crystal's team, most of the Nuhumans are in the dark about the situation.

But maybe that's being optimistic, considering regular humans could care less if sentinels hunt mutants.
    Your analogy seems sound -- but, in the Marvel Universe that reasoning is illogical...

Hypothetically (as seen in UX-Men #141 "Earth #811"), the Sentinels eventually turned on the super-human mutates and enslaved humanity as a whole -- there's no canonical reason why the Sentinels can't and or won't pull a "Rise of The Machines" in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The bad aspects of the cloud are downplayed to the extreme esp. considering how it's compared to a peanut allergy. If mutants dying isn't enough, you've got all the other angles from which it is objectively horrible.
    To be fair, the X-Men have been doing the newly powered child or adult soldier thing for years, usually in the most extreme and desperate situations. That's a case where your mutant powers have activated and you're under threat so fight to save yourself and/or others. Here it's an Inhuman case of you potentially being under threat one day in the hypothetical future so let's activate your powers against your will just in case the royal family ever need you to face down Thanos or Sabretooth or whoever shows up and bad talks Medusa.
    Yeah, if you're a mutant then it's your body naturally changing and not via a cloud set off by elitists who want to use your bodies as weapons. At least with Scott, it is a conscious chance if you want to fight or stay back. Apparently it is "destiny" that the Inhumans need an army to fight against some great evil. So it just seems odd that Moon Girl is the only title that plays at the whole "forcibly changed into an Inhuman" angle and neither Inhuman title delved into it.