Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In real life or in the comics?

Carol has a billion cosplayers out there and, if I recall right, even a convention of her own (or something along those lines, KSD helped set it up, one of the Corps can fill us all in on that if Im not completely imagining it). Within the comics, its certainly not really a thing outside of characters within her own title. Until now, anyway, now she's a big deal I guess.
    Hope this isn't too off topic, but your post sparks a question. For those of you that are convention goers, what heroine is inspiring the most cosplay (Marvel)? That might be a good indicator of the "pulse of the people" in regard to what Marvel character should or could be the flagship heroine. I honestly have no idea who might prevail here; just curious.

That's a good question. I have no idea, Im not a convention guy. But my wife does do the cosplay thing and keeps up with stuff like that and she said it might be Spider-Gwen, or maybe Black Widow. But I guess there's not exactly a census for this sorta thing.

EDIT: I had her look it up, just out of curiosity. She went to news.marvel.com and says Rogue, Spider-Gwen, Kamala Khan, and Nebula are popular right now. I wouldn't say this is good enough for college citation but its what she came up with.

And if Nebula really is a popular cosplay choice right now, we can likely toss the theory (excellent though it was).
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's a good question. I have no idea, Im not a convention guy. But my wife does do the cosplay thing and keeps up with stuff like that and she said it might be Spider-Gwen, or maybe Black Widow. But I guess there's not exactly a census for this sorta thing.

EDIT: I had her look it up, just out of curiosity. She went to news.marvel.com and says Rogue, Spider-Gwen, Kamala Khan, and Nebula are popular right now. I wouldn't say this is good enough for college citation but its what she came up with.

And if Nebula really is a popular cosplay choice right now, we can likely toss the theory (excellent though it was).
    Thanks. Yeah, I don't foresee Nebula being the flagship heroine anytime soon, lol.

Lots of other factors no doubt play into it, i.e. how hard it is to make the costume, expense, etc. I just thought that if someone really likes a character, they will likely cosplay them, if they do that sort of thing.

Carol has a billion cosplayers out there and, if I recall right, even a convention of her own (or something along those lines, KSD helped set it up, one of the Corps can fill us all in on that if Im not completely imagining it). Within the comics, its certainly not really a thing outside of characters within her own title. Until now, anyway, now she's a big deal I guess.
    I always forget Cosplayers. I have to say that it's no doubt people go cosplaying as Carol because she's an incredibly cool and strong character.

But otherwise I agree, her titles have always done fairly well and consistent as I recall, but it's never been overly hyped or pushed I feel. Maybe I'm imagining things though because I haven't been a devout fan.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Lots of other factors no doubt play into it, i.e. how hard it is to make the costume, expense, etc. I just thought that if someone really likes a character, they will likely cosplay them, if they do that sort of thing.
    Certainly. And I think your theory might still be viable as a rough gauge, as long as we remember those extenuating circumstances. Im sure Black Widow cosplay increases when she shows up in a movie, for example, and dies down some when she's been off-screen for a year or two.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nothing went wrong, her film just hasn't come out yet. Once it does, she'll be big news.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nothing went wrong, her film just hasn't come out yet. Once it does, she'll be big news.
    Perhaps a better question would be what has gone wrong so far.

Is Ant-Man big news? (No pun intended )
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Ant Man movie, yes. Ant Man comic, no.

See Blade...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Ant-Man was a smaller film and also wasn't a major female character. It's beyond time for Marvel to put a film with a female lead forward. Granted, Marvel doesn't really have many female characters that can headline a film so a lot is riding on Carol being the token lady.

WONDER WOMAN and CAPTAIN MARVEL will hopefully be game changers. I want them both to be hugely successful.

If I remember correctly it was an online "virtual convention" or whatever.

BANNED

I stopped believing after the word "billion"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I stopped believing after the word "billion"

You never know for example as popular people like to say Storm is there's been mixed results with her as well but you'd fight to say she has over a billion fans wouldn't you

Lmao really? How delusional can someone be. Even Batman probably doesn't have 1 billion cosplayer. Fans maybe, but not cosplayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Lmao really? How delusional can someone be. Even Batman probably doesn't have 1 billion cosplayer. Fans maybe, but not cosplayers.
    So....sarcasm really goes over a few heads here, doesnt it?

For real people? You really think I believe that 1/7 of the world's entire population cosplay as Carol Danvers?

I don't think Im the delusional one here.

~ Black Panther.

So....sarcasm really goes over a few heads here, doesnt it?

For real people? You really think I believe that 1/7 of the world's entire population cosplay as Carol Danvers?

I don't think Im the delusional one here.
    Your post had nothing to do with sarcasm. Now you're just trying to hide behind it to save face.
    Last edited by Magneto; 01-22-2017 at 08:43 PM.