Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

The color scheme is not even the most ORIGINAL of the McKelvie costume...

...which goes to show how KARA DANVERS it is to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    That comparison made me realise how outdated that colour scheme is. McKelvie is always behind when it comes to fashion. The man should have never been allowed to do any costume redesigns.
    To me, Dexter Soy is to ever be allowed to do any costume redesigns.

Extraordinary Member

In 616...I think there is some push to try to define....the recent "Life of Captain Marvel" series where we find out her mother is actually a Kree deserter was something I did not like...should have just kept her as a human who got amped up by Kree tech. And in Civil War II she really crossed the line with her whole ignoring due process and locking people up with no lawyer, no trial and just the word of an Inhuman seer. Really waiting for Marvel to portray in-universe lawsuits over that.

As far as MCU....I have always viewed it as an ensemble...but here comes Brie...so let's make her the most powerful and the face of the MCU...completely disrespecting all the others who have been there longer and put in the work. As far as her portrayal...I liked the Captain Marvel movie but was a little disappointed in making Mar Vell female and the fact that Carol did not really grow as a character...to compare to another strong female character for the Distinguished Competition....WW grew throughout the movie. She started somewhat naive...trained to be a warrior and the book learning she got but learned that "Man's World" was more complex than she thought. That just killing Ares was not going to end the war and why. And that maybe that Amazon philosopher was wrong about men. With Captain Marvel I just did not get that feeling.