Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do You Think Joker Could Have A Secret Life?

Ever since reading Endgame where Joker disguised himself as a normal guy and even fooled Batman I've wondered do you think it's possible Joker has a secret civilian life? I mean it's a common theme with super heroes(having a dual identity) and even serial killers sometimes have normal lives with families of their own. I think it would be very cool and scary the idea that Joker can live among every day people and nobody would notice. It would also add a new level of fear with Joker like Harley finding out by accident he has a secret life and he straight up kills her and she stays dead (at least for a while you know comics) I feel her dying like that would really be the embodiment of how toxic and truly unloving Joker is.

I can see him caring about his family but not in a love way more of a controlling possessive way where only the respect and admiration (fueling his narcissism) he gets matters to him. I feel like it would be interesting to see that kind of contrast with Joker especially if he said something like "Harley is like a cellphone very common and easy to replace my wife and kids are more like my favorite car very rare hard to replace not something I intend to lose or wreck just yet." I think a storyline like this would be a real good way of exploring how much of a control freak and possessive jerk he can be like he could at least to his family come off as over bearing and in reality his behavior could him subtly trying to micromanage their lives even going as far as trying to kill them after his identity(not his real one but one he created) gets outed and whether Batman saves them from Joker or not they end up having a creepy moment where Batman sees a very serious threatening side of Joker something like this.

The reason I think this would be good is we've never seen a villain/serial killer in a realistic setting (like I said even serial killers can have loved ones) and so much has been done with Joker and if you consider that his whole identity is a secret even from himself it's surprising they haven't done something like this yet.
    Last edited by Castiel; 01-20-2017 at 02:03 AM.