View Poll Results: Which creative team do you want on a JLA/Avengers mini-series?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Snyder, Jason Aaron, and Jim Cheung

6 26.09%
  • Joshua Williamson, Al Ewing, and Sara Pichelli

4 17.39%
  • Robert Venditti, Mark Waid, and Ivan Reis

11 47.83%
  • Tim Seeley, Dan Slott, and Alan Davis

0 0%
  • Tom Taylor, Greg Pak, and Stuart Immonen

2 8.70%
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Question Which creative team do you want on a 4-issue JLA/Avengers mini-series?

A 4-issue JLA/Avengers mini-series with a double-sized 1st issue to kick off the event!

Which creative team is your choice and why? Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You can also list your main cast of 14 heroes (7 from the Avengers and 7 from the JLA).
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

If I'm choosing a DC writer for this fantasy series it isn't going to be Williamson, Seeley, Snyder, Vendetti, or Taylor.

With a series like this we need an A-list writer. Each of the guys mentioned are mediocre with sometimes exception of Snyder and Taylor's Injustice.

I'm picking Tom King on the DC side. If not King, then Priest. Would love to have Waid on Marvel side since he's written so many great DC comics.

Reis/Prado would be best art team IMO but there are many art teams I'd be very happy with.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I picked: Robert Venditti, Mark Waid, and Ivan Reis. I feel this is the strongest combination of writers and an artist.

If I could choose any creators I wanted, it would be Geoff Johns, Brian Bendes, and Phil Jimenez.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

None of the above.

it'd be Morrison, Hickman and Mikel Janin.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I think Mark Waid and Tom Taylor are the only writers I would trust on it, and who have enough history and understanding of the Big Two to be able to write a book as fairly and even-handed as Busiek did back in the day while also having it be enjoyable and well-written.

Reis, Davis, and Immonen would probably be good choices on art, but I'd lean towards Reis.

Out of the teams you have proposed, I would go for Robert Venditti, Mark Waid, and Ivan Reis.

If I could pick any creative team, I would pick Geoff Johns, Dan Slott and Ivan Reis. My main reason for picking Johns is it would probably be his only chance to write for Marvel characters again.

For DC, I would use Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Aquaman and Shazam.

For Marvel, I would use Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Vision and Quicksilver.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

None of the above.

Jeff Parker and Mark Waid writing the thing, with Doc Shaner, Steve Rude on interiors and Brian Stelfreze on covers.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member

Give me Al Ewing and Steve Orlando on writing and Nicola Scott on art.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd like to see:

Mark Waid - writer
    Nicola Scott - artist

Anything Mark Waid writes is worth a look, and Nicola Scott is hands down one of THE best artists in the business.
    I would LOVE to see her take on the Avengers!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Don't know about any of these writers but for artist my first choice would be Phil Jimenez.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

DC readers don't like Seeley and Slott?? Can someone tell me why?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    None of the above.

it'd be Morrison, Hickman and Mikel Janin.
    That would be my ideal as well. Well, I could go either way on Janin; definitely one of the best in the industry right now, but so is Cheung, Reis, and Pichelli.

But for the options presented I'd definitely go with Williamson, Ewing, and Pichelli. Williamson is talented, but it's Ewing and Pichelli who get my vote. Ewing has yet to write a story I've read that I didn't absolutely love; he's got the scope of a Morrison or Hickman but doesn't lose sight of the characters the way the other two sometimes have. Huge, very underrated talent. And Pichelli is one of my favorite artists, anything she touches looks incredible and she's proven that she's got the chops for the kind of huge event a JLA/Avengers story would be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Of the available options... Robert Venditti, Mark Waid, and Ivan Reis.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Morrison, Hickman and Mikel Janin.
    The art would be fantastic and the concepts would be mind-blowing!
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-13-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I voted Venditti, Waid, and Reis, but I would opt for just Waid and Joe Bennett if I could pick anyone I wanted. I think Waid has a good handle on both universes and has proven time and again that he can write big, entertaining stories while still maintaining a personal element. Joe Bennett's more of a selfish pick. I just like his art a lot and would be excited to see him working on a high-profile project like this.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    DC readers don't like Seeley and Slott?? Can someone tell me why?
    Just haven't done anything amazing for DC. I liked his work on Scooby Doo though if I were an editor, I'd give him a chance to pitch.