Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Artemis Crock Appreciation

Welcome to the Artemis Crock Appreciation Thread. With Young Justice returning for a much anticipated third season, I figured we'd give a thread dedicated to Artemis.

Astonishing Member

Oh big love to Artemis. I'm still behind on my Young Justice (comic) but she was one of my favorites in the TV series. The whole relationship with Sportsmaster and Cheshire is fantastic, as is her Green Arrow-ish-ness. Haven't caught up with her in the Arrowverse yet. I'd be thrilled to get more with her in the comics, though.

That said, there's a lot of Artemises ... Artemi ... in the comics, so her name being her codename doesn't work for me that well. And you know, just like her mom, being "Huntress" is sort of off the table these days, too. So I'd really like to see her go full-time on being codenamed Tigress. It doesn't have to be the most uber-tigeriffic tiger costume ever, and being Tigress does a couple things I like; for starters it's cat-themed and links her with Jade's cat-theme. It also presumably (if they have the same mom) gives her an animal that's Asiatic in origin and plays up her half-Vietnamese heritage - this being only of course if they make some ethnic changes to Paula Brooks, which could be a stretch I suppose. Sidenote; it occurred to me to check it out and I now learn that in the comics ... no relation! Say what? Didn't realize that was a completely manufactured story device on Young Justice until I gave it some reading and thought.

Anywho.

I really like the notion of Artemis taking on the mantle of Tigress and being a sort of moral grey area, but definitely "leaning toward" good guy.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Maybe they could find some way to retcon her into Jade's sister in the comics?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Welcome to the Artemis Crock Appreciation Thread. With Young Justice returning for a much anticipated third season, I figured we'd give a thread dedicated to Artemis.

Lovely art work there by Lisa Jenkins. And, as far as the thread is concerned, yes I like Artemis as well and I am glad that YJ is coming back.

Extraordinary Member

I really like the show version, but I wouldn't want her to be introduced that way in the comics. Firstly, because the Artemis Crock I know from the comics is a super villain. Secondly, I think there would be too much pressure to try and fix her up with Wally even though that romance isn't needed now that Wally's kind of, you know, preoccupied with getting Linda back.

But I do kind of miss comic book Artemis. I liked her in Johns's Hawkman run.

As much as I like her on the show, I really hope she isn't integrated into the comics and replaces the old one that I kind of liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I really like the show version, but I wouldn't want her to be introduced that way in the comics. Firstly, because the Artemis Crock I know from the comics is a super villain. Secondly, I think there would be too much pressure to try and fix her up with Wally even though that romance isn't needed now that Wally's kind of, you know, preoccupied with getting Linda back.

But I do kind of miss comic book Artemis. I liked her in Johns's Hawkman run.

Her being a villain wouldn't be an issue just retcon her into being a hero if go through s redemption quest.

Also, I don't think her relationship with Wally would be an issue. It's not like they hooked John up with Shayera or Mari because of JLU. Hell, Roy currently dates Donna despite being married to Jade in YJ

This is the Artemis Crock /Tigress that I like and prefer.

The YJ animated one is cool too, but it feels like that one was meant to be Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones).

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Love Artemis. She'd fit right at home in Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Love Artemis. She'd fit right at home in Titans.
    they already have an archer

I said this before but using her as a Black Cat type foil to Wally would do wonders to her. Her family's "dark legacy" is a perfect counterpart to Flash family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She's not specifically an archer in comics, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I said this before but using her as a Black Cat type foil to Wally would do wonders to her. Her family's "dark legacy" is a perfect counterpart to Flash family.

She's not specifically an archer in comics, right?
    She uses a crossbow.

And I don't think making her a Catwoman ripoff is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Cut him off. He's a better fit with the Outlaws anyway.

Astonishing Member

Whoa! I'm out of touch with Artemis in new 52. I knew the one from Infinity Inc. who later showed up in Geoff John's JSA and Hawkman. Was this character in Young Justince and on CW's Arrow series?!

I love Artemis, the Young Justice version not the comic version. I'd love it if DC introduced Young Justice Artemis/Tigress into the DCU
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!