Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I do hope they re-release the original series in it's own trade, I just now learned of the original from this announcement and while I'm unfamiliar with most of the main characters I would like to see how Priest wrote Rhodey.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I do hope they re-release the original series in it's own trade, I just now learned of the original from this announcement and while I'm unfamiliar with most of the main characters I would like to see how Priest wrote Rhodey.
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-Panther.../dp/1302900587

As others have mentioned, for those interested in reading the original series, it was collected in Black Panther by Priest, the Complete Collection Vol. 4 (Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Panther...dp/1302900587/)

It's collected with the issues of the Black Panther run that introduced Kevin "Kasper" Cole, who's a major player in the Crew storyline.

EDIT: Beware of Geek beat me to it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Not thrilled with this for a number of reasons:

1: Coates. I tried to get into his book but Coates is just a boring writer. Not even bad, but incredibly boring, and he has troubling finding time for his main character in a solo book, how do I suspect him to be able to provide an authentic voice to several characters?

2: This ones really a minor gripe because I don't have enough information to make an accurate assessment, but I'm not feeling the art. It's not bad, just not for me.

3: Not really feeling this team. I know Black Panther's spent time in the U.S. before and done street level stuff before, but it seems strange to me when your country's in the middle of overthrowing your monarchy and you're working with the god's of the universe to help find out why existence is being trapped, it seems odd that you'd be spending your time trying to find out who shot who in harlem.

I've never really liked storm outside of the X-Men, but that's just me.

Luke Cage is probably the one that makes the most sense being on this team being a primarily street level hero and this premise seems like his story, but why would I get a book with a sub-par writer and artist I don't like when there are 2 others options that either having amazing art or a great writer.

Manifold...idc about you at all hahaha.

With Misty Knight, again, she probably makes sense in this context, but I'm not going to read a crap version of her when Spencer is giving me a WAY better version than I'll get here.

4: I've always had a problem with the idea of "The Crew". It's not because of "Marvel's PC agenda" whatever that agenda is anyways, but I've never liked the idea of making an all black superhero team their own team. It's always bugged me because when you get a group of all white heroe's they get to be just "The Avengers" but because they're black they have to be called "The Crew"? What? Why can't they just be another sect of the avengers or the defenders or some such. I don't like a teams entire formation being based around they're color. I had the same problem with A-force despite really liking that book, although I was willing to give it a pass because it made sense in the context of singularity recruiting women she new from her old world. If the crew in and of itself becomes a team based around street crime(although) that's really what defenders is. if we can have 2 of every hero, why not just have 2 defender teams?, that's fine, but to beholden a superhero group to a team based on race is so dumb to me that's it's going to be gnawing at my mind.

5: Coates again. Seriously. get this guy out of marvel.
    posted this in another thread by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    EDIT: Beware of Geek beat me to it.
    I'm like a nerd ninja.

I like the team, but I found Coates' BP to be a bit disappointing. I'll probably give it a shot. Would love to see Blade added.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So T'Challa will be in both Wakanda and Harlem.
    I suppose if Parker and Logan can be in multiple books then so can he.
    Seems like an awful large cast for an area that's just Harlem.
    Luke and Danny, that makes sense, this cast just seems to big.
    It'd be like having a Daredevil team for Hell's Kitchen, overkill, but hey let's see what the stories are going to be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I like the team, but I found Coates' BP to be a bit disappointing. I'll probably give it a shot. Would love to see Blade added.
    If Coates wrote Blade, instead of getting a badass vampire slayer, we'd get an introspective piece on blades confusion over killing vampires when he is a vampire. and then 10 issues in he MIGHT kill a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    If Coates wrote Blade, instead of getting a badass vampire slayer, we'd get an introspective piece on blades confusion over killing vampires when he is a vampire. and then 10 issues in he MIGHT kill a vampire.
    Damn lmao I don't want Blade anymore.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Coates won't stop black panther, until he gets one of his comics on the level of this in terms of reception and legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It'd be like having a Daredevil team for Hell's Kitchen, overkill, but hey let's see what the stories are going to be.
    Well, Eden ishis peronsal teleporter these days so, easy peasy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    T'Challa likely spends half his time in New York anyways because of the Ultimates. Plus there's a teleporter on the team. But yeah, it's a lot of books for him. And a lot of Cage for that matter. I guess that's what happens when you get your own movie and TV series.

Black Panther, Luke Cage and Storm join Cyclops, Deadpool, Domino, Logan, Ms Marvel in the doubble team membership corner. Shame on them.

Sounds great. Misty is one of my favorite characters, and I am one of thew few who are really enjoying the current Black Panther/WoW series. I was hoping for a Shuri solo, but that still may come... one day...

BANNED

can anyone tell me why storm is on a street level team dealing with the fallout of a Black Activist Being Killed By Cops?

that's like superman being on a team designed to crack down on drug dealers it's extremely overkill