Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Clone Conspiracy #5 Preview

DAN SLOTT (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A)
    Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    Connecting Variant Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    THE SPIDER-EVENT OF THE YEAR CONCLUDES!
    • The Jackal takes drastic measures that Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Scarlet Spider could never see coming.
    • Jackal’s coup de grâce not only sets a host of resurrected villains loose on the unsuspecting streets of San Francisco, but threatens the lives of everyone on Earth!
    • After months of waiting, heartache and incredible surprises, THIS is the issue Spider-fans around the world will be talking about for years to come!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Incredible Member

I get a very ultimate spider-man vibe from that variant.

Amazing Member

Looks like of the important clones only Ben is surviving.

The artist screwed up on Cindy there by drawing her with long hair - it's still bobbed in her own book.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-20-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by incarnati0n View Post
    Looks like of the important clones only Ben is surviving.
    Gwen too. Which is tired and boring at this point. Gwen Stacy is only known for dying and coming back. Marvel should just clone the phoenix force and give it to her

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Gwen too. Which is tired and boring at this point. Gwen Stacy is only known for dying and coming back. Marvel should just clone the phoenix force and give it to her
    You think Gwen is surviving from this preview? It looks like she tricked Peter so he can go save others and leave her behind.

Yeah, you're right, that window is cracked because Peter tried to break it open to retrieve Gwen, she's telling him, no, go save others.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Jim Cheung's art work is amazing (no pun intended). His art work has been my favourite part of the main book for Clone Conspiracy. As for what happens to Gwen? I suspect she'll just die again, maybe giving Peter a little bit of ''freedom'' so to speak with her ''forgiving him''. That's pretty much my only real prediction that I'm going to make LOL. Most likely wrong as I usually am when I make predictions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, you're right, that window is cracked because Peter tried to break it open to retrieve Gwen, she's telling him, no, go save others.
    Look at Marla and George Stacy. Both are clearly super dead and yet Gwen seems to the only one not rapidly deteriorating. Assuming she does die (again...jesus christ) it wont be without some "epic" save or some nonsense. But she seems to be the least messed up clone so far.

Amazing Member

Look at Marla and George Stacy. Both are clearly super dead and yet Gwen seems to the only one not rapidly deteriorating. Assuming she does die (again...jesus christ) it wont be without some "epic" save or some nonsense. But she seems to be the least messed up clone so far.
    While the fact that we had an entire issue in ASM about the theme of how she should still be allowed to have her own identity and live her life points to her surviving, I'm not convinced at all she will survive. The fact she is not as deteriorated is probably just for moving the plot purposes.

The pretty young woman isn't looking as bad as the old man and the middle aged lady isn't exactly a new thing in fiction.

Spectacular Member

When does this come out?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Jim Cheung's art work is amazing (no pun intended). His art work has been my favourite part of the main book for Clone Conspiracy. As for what happens to Gwen? I suspect she'll just die again, maybe giving Peter a little bit of ''freedom'' so to speak with her ''forgiving him''. That's pretty much my only real prediction that I'm going to make LOL. Most likely wrong as I usually am when I make predictions.
    Exactly how I feel!

Spectacular Member

Seriously the jackal better not be the Ben Reilly I know. I hope the real Ben Reilly swings into action to help