Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I realize that Storm has her fans, but she doesn't really work in Rumbles except in team fights, for three simple reasons:

1. She has no defense except aerial maneuverability, if she can get into the air.
    2. She lacks superhuman reflexes.
    3. No plot-induced stupidity in Rumbles.

So the ugly reality is that pretty much any normal person with a handgun would go 50/50 against Storm in a default Rumble scenario. Most Rumbles involve superhumans or at least people with superb training, which makes it even worse for Storm. This also explains why she is unlikely ever carry a solo title of greater duration than a few issues. Storm works okay in the X-Men because she is part of a team, and they can cover for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    With the added caveat that if they're equally as fast, Sue wins.

If Sue gets her shield up at the same time as Storm gets the lightning off, she defends herself. Then she has free rein to kill Storm who has no defence against Sue.
    It really is a quick draw.
    MPYTDeA.jpg

4388661-17_zpsoyndygbb.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

people either don't know or forget how friggin powerful sue is.

but yeah, it's a quick draw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Just to be clear, do you mean Rogue and Storm, or the total-bloodlusted Storm that took out Doom?
    When was this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    When was this?
    Nevermind I see it was in Uncanny.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I realize that Storm has her fans, but she doesn't really work in Rumbles except in team fights, for three simple reasons:

1. She has no defense except aerial maneuverability, if she can get into the air.
    2. She lacks superhuman reflexes.
    3. No plot-induced stupidity in Rumbles.

So the ugly reality is that pretty much any normal person with a handgun would go 50/50 against Storm in a default Rumble scenario. Most Rumbles involve superhumans or at least people with superb training, which makes it even worse for Storm. This also explains why she is unlikely ever carry a solo title of greater duration than a few issues. Storm works okay in the X-Men because she is part of a team, and they can cover for each other.
    In all fairness, ISTR that Storm is occasionally depicted as being one of the better melee fighters in the X-Men, sans powers. Not nearly as good as Logan, but sufficiently good enough that I'd be able to see her doing at least some kind of Aim Dodging and out-drawing most people without comparable training.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In all fairness, ISTR that Storm is occasionally depicted as being one of the better melee fighters in the X-Men, sans powers. Not nearly as good as Logan, but sufficiently good enough that I'd be able to see her doing at least some kind of Aim Dodging and out-drawing most people without comparable training.
    I vaguely recall Storm being depicted as skilled in HTH, but there was no buildup to it other than her getting a mohawk. And since she went back to long hair, she seems to have lost the HTH skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I vaguely recall Storm being depicted as skilled in HTH, but there was no buildup to it other than her getting a mohawk. And since she went back to long hair, she seems to have lost the HTH skill.
    This isn't even remotely true. She still handles her business just fine in H2H.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-24-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Spectacular Member

Storm is fairly competent in h2h, afaik; not amazing but still pretty good. I seem to recall Sue being trained in h2h by Iron Fist as well, and was shown as being pretty decent but I don't know of any instances where she was actually using said skills in actual combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This isn't even remotely true. She still handles her business just fine in H2H.
    Scans / feats?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

She had that arc where she was a powerless gladiator and she fought Calisto with a tentacle arm.

Did okay there, some neat knife tricks as I recall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    She had that arc where she was a powerless gladiator and she fought Calisto with a tentacle arm.
    A very unorthodox choice of weapons.
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-25-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A vey unorthodox choice of weapons.
    All part of the Claremont sapphic subtext.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Did okay there, some neat knife tricks as I recall.
    Thanks Nik. I'd totally managed to wipe Tentacallisto from my brain until then.

*slaps Nik*

NEVER. SPEAK. OF THAT. AGAIN.

Just gonna leave this here