Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Cartoon Network about to head into another dark age?

Regular Show Recently Wrapped up
    Adventure Time will conclude Next Year
    Steven Universe seems to be nearing it's end

what does that leave? there aren't really any shows cartoon network's been prepping to be their new big guns on the network instead they've been focusing too much on teen titans go!

Maybe this will help answer your question?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

not much....

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Not at all. Shows always come and go. Sure Regular show is over, and AdventureTime will be ending soon, but we still have at least a couple years left of Gumball, Steven Universe & We Bare Bears which are all solid shows.

Plus there is still a chance K.O Plaza Turbo will be getting a full series order like Mighty Magiswords did, so I think we are safe.

Not to mention we have JLA, Sonice Boom & Teen Titans in terms of successful acquisitions.

Overall I think CN is fine. Still much better then Nick & the Disney Networks. ( though props to DISXD for getting Pokémon Sun & Moon)
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Not at all. Shows always come and go. Sure Regular show is over, and AdventureTime will be ending soon, but we still have at least a couple years left of Gumball, Steven Universe & We Bare Bears which are all solid shows.

Plus there is still a chance K.O Plaza Turbo will be getting a full series order like Mighty Magiswords did, so I think we are safe.

Not to mention we have JLA, Sonice Boom & Teen Titans in terms of successful acquisitions.

Overall I think CN is fine. Still much better then Nick & the Disney Networks. ( though props to DISXD for getting Pokémon Sun & Moon)
    Sonic Boom has been banished to the boomerang channel with new episodes airing at 5:00 PM On Saturdays

with where steven universe is at story line wise i don't see it lasting more than a year from now

i just think cartoon networks relies so much on teen titans go that other shows just get left behind or forgotten about....i mean when was the last time an adventure time episode was shown? not even boomerang airs adventure time

Extraordinary Member

Ben 10 reboot sucks

BANNED

Actually, as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network has already been in a dark age for many years. Thanks to mindless drivel like Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go, which replaced the high quality programming that Cartoon Network was once known for. At least now with the return of Samurai Jack and Young Justice (if it doesn't go to Netflix first) Cartoon Network has a chance to redeem itself and finally bring an end to the dark age.

I feel like Cartoon Network has been in a dark age since Ed, Edd, n' Eddy ended. I miss that show so much. CN used to have so many excellent shows. Now, it's like every other show is Teen Titans Go.

I do think it can turn around. The return of Samurai Jack along with Justice League Action gives me hope that there are some good shows on the horizon. I think the network has just dumbed down too many cartoons to appeal to kids. They need to balance things out with some shows that appeal to everyone. Hopefully, Samurai Jack's return will give us just that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

CN has always been in the dark ages. TTG is hilarious tho

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ben 10 reboot sucks
    Amen. The animation style looks all wrong. The title sequence is just all sorts of no. There's no theme song, just the name of the show repeated while the alien line-up tells the kids what to ask their parent to buy them. The original show is easily the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    CN has always been in the dark ages. TTG is hilarious tho
    Hilariously awful. Again, the original far surpasses the reboot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Amen. The animation style looks all wrong. The title sequence is just all sorts of no. There's no theme song, just the name of the show repeated while the alien line-up tells the kids what to ask their parent to buy them. The original show is easily the best.

Hilariously awful. Again, the original far surpasses the reboot.
    It's apples and oranges tho. The original is trying to be action/drama and ttg is lowbrow/cheesy humor (like many cn shows). The first show had some problems too I think LOSH was better overall for a show like that,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It's apples and oranges tho. The original is trying to be action/drama and ttg is lowbrow/cheesy humor (like many cn shows). The first show had some problems too I think LOSH was better overall for a show like that,
    LOSH was so awesome. I totes miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Actually, as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network has already been in a dark age for many years. Thanks to mindless drivel like Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go, which replaced the high quality programming that Cartoon Network was once known for. At least now with the return of Samurai Jack and Young Justice (if it doesn't go to Netflix first) Cartoon Network has a chance to redeem itself and finally bring an end to the dark age.
    Adventure Time is easily one of the deepest and most complex cartoons that has been created in a very long time. If you consider it nothing more than mindless drivel that I can't help but think you never looked at it past the surface.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Adventure Time is easily one of the deepest and most complex cartoons that has been created in a very long time. If you consider it nothing more than mindless drivel that I can't help but think you never looked at it past the surface.
    Heh, I was wondering if someone was going to call me out over that quip against Adventure Time.

I'm going to be blunt, I'm sick of hearing about Adventure Time. That show is nothing but a cancer on the animation industry, an inconsistent mess that has spawned countless imitators in the last few years, to the detriment of popular culture as a whole. Which I would in other circumstances leave well enough alone except for the fact that the Adventure Time fanbase seems determined to evangelise the show at every opportunity. Making the 'hype' around Adventure Time almost as obnoxious as the whole My Little Pony fiasco.

So, it pleases me greatly that Adventure Time is ending. Cartoon Network is simply better off without it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    LOSH was so awesome. I totes miss it.
    Yeah if anything bring that back and Boomerang was good too.