Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    pretty close. it's nothing to do with ultraviolet light but you're pretty close. it's actually simpler than that.
    Is it what was hinted at when Morris possessed Spider-Man? That Johnny Storm is able to perceive other kinds of energy when he's in his energy form?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Is it what was hinted at when Morris possessed Spider-Man? That Johnny Storm is able to perceive other kinds of energy when he's in his energy form?
    he must be able to. his perceptions in his flame form must be wildly different than normal vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    he must be able to. his perceptions in his flame form must be wildly different than normal vision.
    bit how does he breath when flamed on!!! lol

Fire needs oxygen to burn
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Didn't know this thread existed. I'm just here to shamelessly plug my blog, which includes reviews of Mosaic, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

MOSAIC #6/

Needless to say, I'm loving this series, too. And, yes, it is not AT ALL what I expected it to be when I first heard of this title last year. So glad I didn't let all the "Black version of DC's Deadman" complaints sway me...

Also, I'm admittedly less knowledgeable about the Inhumans, but I wasn't aware that there was any debate about Lockjaw. I always assumed that he was an Inhuman dog. And I thought Morris' time in his body confirmed that, as it seemed like he was fighting against succumbing to Lockjaw's dog-mind. The idea that he may be an actual (In)human transformed into that giant dog-form seems kinda gross.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    The idea that he may be an actual (In)human transformed into that giant dog-form seems kinda gross.
    That's likely why it was, apparently, retconed into being that, because of the vast unfortunate implications that come up if he were a human with all the sapience of one that got turned into a dog by terrigenesis and subsequently treated as a dog by the people around him.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-11-2017 at 11:24 PM.

as far as I'm concerned, until further notice from Marvel, Lockjaw began life as a humanoid inhuman.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's likely why it was, apparently, retconed into being that, because of the vast unfortunate implications that come up when if he were a human with all the sapience of one but gets turned into a dog by terrigenesis and is subsequently treated as a dog by the people around him.
    There's an Inhuman turned into a door and an Inhuman turned into a ship engine. A dog is benign by comparison.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There's an Inhuman turned into a door and an Inhuman turned into a ship engine. A dog is benign by comparison.
    With this look inside Lockjaw's head it does reconcile the way he is treated a bit, if he did begin life as an Inhuman child. After all, they have psychics that would be aware of the fact that he thinks like a dog and would just be confused by treating him any other way....

Astonishing Member

Eldrac, at least, is implicitly shown to have human sapience, which is why he can be moody. The RIV (I think that's how it's spelled?) does have to be influence, yes, and All-New does go into the implications of that with Swain's character arc.

Still, Lockjaw is the oldest, which is why all the origin backpedaling happens to him. The RIV definitely would fall under the same umbrella as Lockjaw, but it's super new in comparison. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Inhuman Airship probably slips people's minds, if they ever even knew of it in the first place.

Man, having just bought and read all 6 issues of IvX this week, you'd think the Inhumans would have gladly helped the mutants destroy the Terrigensis. Who the heck would want to take THAT chance?!? Getting turned into a massive dog, complete with the simplistic thought-processes of one, is even worse then what happened to Ben Grimm or Kurt Wagner.

Astonishing Member

Man, having just bought and read all 6 issues of IvX this week, you'd think the Inhumans would have gladly helped the mutants destroy the Terrigensis. Who the heck would want to take THAT chance?!? Getting turned into a massive dog, complete with the simplistic thought-processes of one, is even worse then what happened to Ben Grimm or Kurt Wagner.
    Well, aside from Lockjaw being a thing since forever, the vast majority of the Inhuman Oldguard consider Terrigenesis to be a sacred right, almost to a religious degree. Most are honored and look forward to go through Terrigenesis and see what destiny awaits them.

It doesn't always turn out for the better, of course. Not everyone is destined to get the cool stuff.

Whether Morris got the "cool stuff" remains to be seen in-universe. Out of universe, I'd say he has, by and large.

That was precisely the premise of The Thing #3 when Lockjaw spoke. Quicksilver couldn't stand the idea that his daughter was just a normal human instead of a mutant. He wanted to at least send her through Terrigenesis, while Crystal did not. Pietro said he would love his daughter no matter how she ended up, which prompted Lockjaw to speak up and say "even if she ended up like me?"

You can see the pages here

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I've been hearing disquieting rumors that Mosaic may end with issue #8
    please put my mind at ease and let me know this isn't so.

I doubt he can publicly comment just yet if it were. I would hope it makes it to issue 10 at a minimum if the first trade has five issues.