Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

I really hope that's not true - this is one of my favorites each month and we are barely scratching the surface of who Morris is. Not cool - let it go through issue 12 at least Marvel D:
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spectacular Member

With UI coming to an end, this comic climbs to the top of my list personally. An innovative character, well written and rendered by a skilled creative team. Too much potential here to waste.

I mean, I don't even know if it's just Inhumans that show up in yellow yet. Just that humans are blue until inhabited, then red, Lockjaw and Morris' body yellow... What color are mutants in Mosaic-vision? What about aliens?

You know Headache...I didn't even notice that with the colors or I was told and had forgotten. ****. *goes back to reread*
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If you're worried about the book's future, try to encourage more people to check it out. Spread the word across your various social media platforms. For those of you who bought it in print, give away your copies to some you think might be interested and then either pre-order the trade on Amazon, or buy the digital copies on Comixology (or also Amazon). An uptick in sales is the only thing that can help. Even if they already made the decision to cancel, and follow through on it, they could be persuaded to relaunch.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm guilty of this too because I never preorder things, but the best thing to do would be to preorder it. Maybe buying digitally wouldn't be a bad idea as an alternative.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Either pre-ordering the print copies or buying it digitally are the two best options, because those show verifiable sales to customers.

it's always about sales, guys.

Well, all I can say is that Marvel would be wise to hold off until the first tpb has some time of the shelves. For instance, Chelsea Cain's run on Mockingbird did not sell very well at all in floppy form, but the trades did quite well. The second collection trade sold especially well... well enough to easily warrant the continuation of the series. Unfortunately by then the series had already been cancelled and Cain and illustrator, Kate Niemczyk, had moved on to new projects.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've complained about how Marvel measures sales for a long time. Hell, it's not even in-store sales that they measure, but preorder interest before the book even hits stores.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'll be really bummed if this book goes away. C'mon Marvel, give Mosaic some breathing room!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Well, all I can say is that Marvel would be wise to hold off until the first tpb has some time of the shelves. For instance, Chelsea Cain's run on Mockingbird did not sell very well at all in floppy form, but the trades did quite well. The second collection trade sold especially well... well enough to easily warrant the continuation of the series. Unfortunately by then the series had already been cancelled and Cain and illustrator, Kate Niemczyk, had moved on to new projects.
    Well when you are fighting stores and certain fanbases who don't want the book to exist-what can you expect?

All I saw from store owners is who asked for Mosaic? NOBODY and it was the same set of NOBODIES who ask for a lot of other books I could name.

You don't sit up and say I will not sell that book in my store after its announced. You don't blame this book for your businesses lack of sales and yes a store owner said that.

There has been too much "I don't want this book around, lets boycott books we don't like and lets predict who FAILS" comments around here.

At the end of the day who looks bad? Marvel for trying or the complainers?

I bought the book. I enjoyed the book. That is all that matters.

Issue #7 out today. I haven't had to time to write an official blog yet, but I'll just say that this book is continuing it's streak of being a great read. We see Mosaic interacting with rest of the Inhumans, enjoying the fact that he's now able to make himself visible (but still intangible) and be heard even when he's out of body. We see him and Iso flirting, which is a particularly interesting development considering that post-IVX Iso is the new leader of the Inhumans. Speaking of which the book quickly catches up to the events of IvX. I'm trying to avoid major spoilers, for any who haven't read it yet, but we also get a development which I guess is supposed to explain why Mosaic's powers worked a little bit differently when he was shown in IvX. The best part is that when a returning character appears and confronts Mosaic on his selfish attitude. And it leads to a cliffhanger which leads to Mosaic confronting his first super-villain, who is NOT whom I thought it would be. Another solid A+ issue.

i have to say, this was one of my favorite issues to write.

i also wish each book was 24 pages.

I literally just got done read it as im typing this and got to say keep up the great work i also which it was 24 pages or more