Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well since he becomes people and knows what they know-

Prodigy
    Love him but it would be too similar to what just happened with Spidey.

Emma Frost
    I think a telepath would be pretty freaky for Morris but, personally, I've seen enough of Emma. Maybe one of the Cuckoos.

Punisher
    I hate the Punisher with a blinding rage that cannot be described in human words. Not on my watch.

Sleepwalker
    Someone else mentioned this elsewhere. I have say not the worst idea I've heard. It might be a little close to something I've got cooking already but he's a cool character.

Tom Foster-Goliath
    Both Fosters have been given a pretty raw deal and I do have a story involving one of them, sort of. but is it a Mosaic story? heh heh heh.

Venom
    not while I'm writing the book. I'm not a Venom fan.

She Hulk
    I LOVE JEN. But I'm not sure I could write her well enough to please her fans. Still, a meet up isn't out of the question.

Baron Zemo
    Hmmm. I dunno. I'm not a big fan. Possibly.

Alex Wilder
    Nope.

Eli Bradley-who will have enough issues with a certain Captain America.
    Very possible, depending on which of my next arcs Marvel approves.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-21-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

I think different characters would be interesting for different things.

Victor Von Doom or a similar villian would be great to see Morris face his philosophy of "specials rise and grinders grind" taken to the extreme.

Vision would be fun to see if a Synthazoid falls under his purview, as well as give him an entirely external perspective on humanity.

Somebody with a disability, like Daredevil, Reader, or Clint Barton would be a great way to see him totally out of his comfort zone.

End of the day though, it's Non-Heroes I am most interested in seeing him experience. People like a Parent that has to make sacrifices for their child. A person who is just dumb, but works hard just to break even in life. And after a while, a person like he was before Terrigenesis...so he can see how wrong he was about some of his old beliefs/ways.

I really like what's been done so far with this comic, and we have seen a character with a unique starting point to his story. So long as it's just a starting point and he doesn't stay there forever.

Mighty Member

Besides body possession does Mosaic possess any other abilities, perhaps energy manipulation or projection? Or is he totally dependent on possessing others with abilities like Spider-Man? Awesome book by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Besides body possession does Mosaic possess any other abilities, perhaps energy manipulation or projection? Or is he totally dependent on possessing others with abilities like Spider-Man? Awesome book by the way.
    Hm. MOSAIC's powers are strictly related to the possessing of other beings (though not all other beings are susceptible) and accessing their information, ALL their information, while in their bodies. He cannot generate or manipulate raw energy meaning no zaps or holograms or teleportation unless the body he's in can do those things. No long range attacks. He does not retain superpowers like Rogue. They stay with the body. He can hold onto varying amounts of information from his hosts for varying lengths of time after he's left them.

Once he has control of his abilities (he's getting better with more use but....), some of this may change SLIGHTLY. but he'll never be doing electricity or cosmic energy tricks. He doesn't work like that.

He's still figuring out how flying works. He still doesn't know how much he needs to eat or if. That's as much as I can say without spoilers.

Incredible Member

I'd love to see him maybe posses Tony's comatose body any maybe seeing what's going on while he's off the field.

I'd also love to see him go in hydra caps head and know Steve is evil and him not really able to do anything about it

Venom could be a fun aspect or someone with a sybiote because would he posses the symbiote, the host, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Hm. MOSAIC's powers are strictly related to the possessing of other beings (though not all other beings are susceptible) and accessing their information, ALL their information, while in their bodies. He cannot generate or manipulate raw energy meaning no zaps or holograms or teleportation unless the body he's in can do those things. No long range attacks. He does not retain superpowers like Rogue. They stay with the body. He can hold onto varying amounts of information from his hosts for varying lengths of time after he's left them.

Once he has control of his abilities (he's getting better with more use but....), some of this may change SLIGHTLY. but he'll never be doing electricity or cosmic energy tricks. He doesn't work like that.

He's still figuring out how flying works. He still doesn't know how much he needs to eat or if. That's as much as I can say without spoilers.
    Random question (And I have yet to get my hands on #3-4 so I have no idea if this has been answered!) but can Mosaic take over animals, or just humans/mutants/Inhumans etc?

As for who I would like him to meet/posses, She-Hulk is my first choice as she is my all-time favorite character. Carol would be interesting too, given the events she has been through. All that being said... what about Squirrel Girl? I would love to see both characters interact, given just how different their personalities/books are, and I would love to see Morris's reaction to being able to hear squirrels talk!

Can a regular person fight against being possessed if they are aware of Mosaic trying to do it? Could he possess a cosmic level character like the Surfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Can a regular person fight against being possessed if they are aware of Mosaic trying to do it? Could he possess a cosmic level character like the Surfer?
    No one is capable of being aware of Mosaic. That's his power. He didn't even set off Spider-Man's "spider sense." A normal person has zero chance of escape or defense against Mosaic. Nor do most super beings. There are exceptions but very few.

Taking over the Silver Surfer would present a lot of problems for Mosaic. I don't think it would go well if he tried.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-22-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Random question (And I have yet to get my hands on #3-4 so I have no idea if this has been answered!) but can Mosaic take over animals, or just humans/mutants/Inhumans etc?
    Theoretically, anything with a brain can be taken over by Mosaic. Theoretically.

I would love to see both characters interact, given just how different their personalities/books are, and I would love to see Morris's reaction to being able to hear squirrels talk!
    LOL. Hm. I'll give it some thought.

What is the one thing Mosaic would feel is wrong he'd never do it?

Does Morris in his new inhuman form still need to eat regular food? Also did the Inhuman gene come from his father or mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is the one thing Mosaic would feel is wrong he'd never do it?
    Morris isn't evil. His morals are on the normal scale but leaning to the VERY selfish side. When he interacts with a host, he has to be careful that THEIR emotions and moral structure don't override his. For instance, taking over Spidey created a sort of ethical conflict but, in the end, Morris chose to respect Peter's privacy. Did he do it because he was part of Peter or because that is in his own nature?

We'll see. If you look at the chapters so far, you'll see Morris does both "good" and "bad" things in each one. Kind of like a normal person.

You will begin to see Morris asserting his own moral values out loud to people very soon. He has lines, like all of us. But his new condition will blur them, depending on who he inhabits. Does that answer the question?
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-22-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Does Morris in his new inhuman form still need to eat regular food? Also did the Inhuman gene come from his father or mother?

Morris VERY much needs to eat and drink.

Interesting question about his genes... heh, heh, heh.

Over the course of just four issues, we have seen Mosaic possess the bodies and minds a young Black man, a Korean businessman, a Latino engineering student, a white paramedic, a lesbian woman and Spidey... He is likely to be ultimately imbued with a super expansive idea of identity along the lines of culture, race, gender and sexual orientation. Will we see this reflected in Morris' ongoing personality and attitudes?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Over the course of just four issues, we have seen Mosaic possess the bodies and minds a young Black man, a Korean businessman, a Latino engineering student, a white paramedic, a lesbian woman and Spidey... He is likely to be ultimately imbued with a super expansive idea of identity along the lines of culture, race, gender and sexual orientation. Will we see this reflected in Morris' ongoing personality and attitudes?
    I believe you have grasped the core concept and through-line of our comic book.