Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

When Morris possesses the body of something and gains their thoughts/memories (and visa versa) is there any sort of part of his power that gives a part of the new gained memories to people he's previously possessed?
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    When Morris possesses the body of something and gains their thoughts/memories (and visa versa) is there any sort of part of his power that gives a part of the new gained memories to people he's previously possessed?
    The only host we've seen get anything from Morris is Fife and there is a reason for that which has not been revealed (nor will be in the near future).

Under normal circumstances there is no exchange. The host has zero knowledge of Morris and no idea they were even possessed. He leaves nothing behind. He leaves no traces, no evidence. Under normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The only host we've seen get anything from Morris is Fife and there is a reason for that which has not been revealed (nor will be in the near future).

Under normal circumstances there is no exchange. The host has zero knowledge of Morris and no idea they were even possessed. He leaves nothing behind. He leaves no traces, no evidence. Under normal circumstances.
    You've totally ruined my theory on his power then
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    You've totally ruined my theory on his power then
    It was a fun theory while it lasted Adam. (we discuss it in the upcoming Attilan Rising podcast )
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Morris isn't evil. His morals are on the normal scale but leaning to the VERY selfish side. When he interacts with a host, he has to be careful that THEIR emotions and moral structure don't override his. For instance, taking over Spidey created a sort of ethical conflict but, in the end, Morris chose to respect Peter's privacy. Did he do it because he was part of Peter or because that is in his own nature?

We'll see. If you look at the chapters so far, you'll see Morris does both "good" and "bad" things in each one. Kind of like a normal person.

You will begin to see Morris asserting his own moral values out loud to people very soon. He has lines, like all of us. But his new condition will blur them, depending on who he inhabits. Does that answer the question?
    It does. Thank you for the reply and good luck with Mosaic in future.

Any chance Morris might encounter someone with similar powers to his? Might be interesting to see him up against someone like Malice (X-character, Marauder), or rather, fight over a body already inhabited by Malice (or vise versa).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Any chance Morris might encounter someone with similar powers to his? Might be interesting to see him up against someone like Malice (X-character, Marauder), or rather, fight over a body already inhabited by Malice (or vise versa).
    The short answer is, "Yes. There is a chance."

But it won't happen the way you think. I promise you that. And it definitely won't be Malice.

here is something requested by SEREN in the AWESOME convo we had on the podcast. I tweeted this when i found out MOCKINGBIRD WAS CANCELLED.

mock1.jpg

That is the GREATEST THING EVER! OH MY GOD HOW DID I MISS THIS?!? *immediately goes to Twitter to tweet the **** out of it*

Thank you again for chatting with us! It was AWESOME!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Ok so I listened to the latest episode of Attilan Rising Podcast #10, (other than some audio issues, excellent episode by the way), I'm stil not exactly sure how his powers work.

So his astral OOB form is a neurological construct?

When he invades a person's body, he controls their nervous system, thus allowing him control of the body and access to the brain?

This explains why SM was able to resist his access to his memories, as his antibodies were defending foreign substance in his nervous system.

If he stays out of his own body for too long he becomes weakened and needs constant supply of excorbant amounts of food to keep going?

He can't stay in another person's body for too long, because their immune system starts to fight back and he can be killed?

Thus people like wolverine would kill him faster than someone like Captain America ?

f he remains in his astral state, for too long he will disappear?

It was implied he is on cosmic level strength? Is this fact?

Anything else I'm missing?

The audio kept cutting in and out for me so I was having trouble making out a lot of what Mr. Thorne was saying
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 02-08-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I was kinda interested in this as well. The comment about Black Bolt and Lockjaw having the tuning forks and now Mosaic having one as well is compelling. Since he has a different "function" in the Inhuman Military structure outlined, is it then taken that the Fork is a sign of being the apex member of that role? Is Lockjaw the best possible level of transport Inhumanity can produce? Is Black Bolt the most powerful (I sure hope so)combatant?
    Is there somebody among the ranks of the Inhumans with a Fork who is the greatest possible Psychic? An apex matter manipulator? Even if this is a new addition to the mythos of the Inhumans, it is a neat idea. Even if that doesn't turn out to be a thing, having a cosmic level infiltrate as a character bumming around Marvel's New York is a cool new addition to the world all its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Ok so I listened to the latest episode of Attilan Rising Podcast #10, (other than some audio issues, excellent episode by the way), I'm stil not exactly sure how his powers work.
    Neither is he.

So his astral OOB form is a neurological construct?
    Made of unknown esoteric energy, yes.

When he invades a person's body, he controls their nervous system, thus allowing him control of the body and access to the brain?
    He controls every part of the nervous system, including the brain. Unless...

This explains why SM was able to resist his access to his memories, as his antibodies were defending foreign substance in his nervous system.
    It's almost as if the writer had thought of a lot things he hasn't revealed yet. =)

If he stays out of his own body for too long he becomes weakened and needs constant supply of excorbant amounts of food to keep going?
    ALL ORGANISMS must consume food to survive. Even plants. Even bacteria. Eat- gain energy- deplete energy- eat again.

He can't stay in another person's body for too long, because their immune system starts to fight back and he can be killed?
    he'll be absorbed into the host as random energy, never to return. No take backs. No Do Overs

Thus people like wolverine would kill him faster than someone like Captain America ?
    Correct.

if he remains in his astral state, for too long he will disappear?
    Correct.

As i've said in nearly every interview, Mosaic doesn't know how his powers work. I know. And you guys have grasped some of it. The clues are all there. Mosaic's fork (according to me. in comic books facts are always fluid.) denotes a much greater "power level" than he has yet displayed. Nothing I put into a comic is accidental. That's all I can say. But Mosaic is not Deadman. He is not a disembodied spirit.

Anything else I'm missing?
    Absolutely. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-08-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I feel like the way you are describing his powers (which is very interesting) didn't mesh with how his powers were displayed in Inhumans vs Xmen 4 (which wasn't intersting bc he just seems like another telepath type)?

- He was scared of the powerful telepaths

- He seemingly coudln't control magneto fully due to his mental resistances

- Magneto didn't pass out after he left the body

- he couldn't get inside of certain xmen because they "brains were locked up tight"

I know writers don't like to talk bad about writers.... but am I confused on how his powers work or was Mr. Soule?

Kind of annoying his most high profile moment so far didn't seem very consistent with Mosaics limited publication history.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I don't think the telepaths can detect him but they would probably detect a disturbance in the minds of the people he infiltrates. He would still take over their body, but he would not be able to take over their minds. Hence they would be able to warn the others.

Issue #4, showed that characters who have strong mental states or defense mechanisms, can block access to certain parts of the brain. But he can still take over the body.

Probably because he wasn't in him long enough to drain Magneto of his stamina? Also the longer he stays out of his own body the more he has to eat to sustain his energy levels. I wonder if he is well fed, that he doesn't drain another's stamina as fast as if he is starving.

- he couldn't get inside of certain xmen because they "brains were locked up tight"
    Well one of the issues showed that he was unable to infiltrate a guys body, whom he had already infiltrated before. When he looks at people, he sees two colors, blue and red. Blue means he can infiltrate, red means he can't. Haven't had the Marvel science explanation of this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I feel like the way you are describing his powers (which is very interesting) didn't mesh with how his powers were displayed in Inhumans vs Xmen 4 (which wasn't intersting bc he just seems like another telepath type)?

I know writers don't like to talk bad about writers.... but am I confused on how his powers work or was Mr. Soule?

Kind of annoying his most high profile moment so far didn't seem very consistent with Mosaics limited publication history.
    I had zero contact with anyone concerned with I vX and am reading it only slightly before the public does.

Mosaic is not now nor has he ever been a telepath. He is invisible to telepaths, reading as "background noise" to them, under normal conditions. They cannot detect him, inside or outside any mind under normal conditions. It isn't the MIND that fights off Mosaic, it's the body. A telepath has no more ability to block Mosaic than a normal human under normal conditions. That includes the cuckoos, Jean grey and, if he were alive, Professor X. Their powers and Mosaic's power are in no way similar. Telepaths use psionic energy to take over, read or block the MIND. Mosaic takes over the BRAIN. he does not employ psionic energy.

Think of it this way.

Lightbulb is to Light what Brain is to Mind. The one generates the other. Mosaic takes over the generator and thus has control of its effects.

Under normal conditions most of what happened with Mosaic in both Inhumans 11 and I v X could not occur. So, since we know that they did occur, what can we conclude about the conditions?

=)

(ps: read Mosaic #6 and #7)