Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

How would Mosaic fare against someone like Monica Rambeaux who based on recent Ultimates issues is basically just sentient light? Can he still take her over since her body essentially is just a hologram?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I notice that Mosaic mother is not present in the book.Will we get more information on her? Also i'm starting to get a slight Suge Knight vibe from the father in regards to working behind the scenes influencing Morris career and personal life could this be related to the mother not appearing thus far?

How would Mosaic fare against someone like Monica Rambeaux who based on recent Ultimates issues is basically just sentient light? Can he still take her over since her body essentially is just a hologram?
    Well, well, well.

Someone is paying attention.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.

I notice that Mosaic mother is not present in the book.Will we get more information on her? Also i'm starting to get a slight Suge Knight vibe from the father in regards to working behind the scenes influencing Morris career and personal life could this be related to the mother not appearing thus far?
    Where IS Morris's mom?

Clearly she hasn't been in the picture for most of his life. Who is she? where is she? is she even alive?

if only there were someone who could answer these questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I had zero contact with anyone concerned with I vX and am reading it only slightly before the public does.

Mosaic is not now nor has he ever been a telepath. He is invisible to telepaths, reading as "background noise" to them, under normal conditions. They cannot detect him, inside or outside any mind under normal conditions. It isn't the MIND that fights off Mosaic, it's the body. A telepath has no more ability to block Mosaic than a normal human under normal conditions. That includes the cuckoos, Jean grey and, if he were alive, Professor X. Their powers and Mosaic's power are in no way similar. Telepaths use psionic energy to take over, read or block the MIND. Mosaic takes over the BRAIN. he does not employ psionic energy.

Think of it this way.

Lightbulb is to Light what Brain is to Mind. The one generates the other. Mosaic takes over the generator and thus has control of its effects.

Under normal conditions most of what happened with Mosaic in both Inhumans 11 and I v X could not occur. So, since we know that they did occur, what can we conclude about the conditions?

=)

(ps: read Mosaic #6 and #7)
    That is the plan good sir

thanks for the answers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to pop back in and say thanks again for being so awesome with us, Redjack!

Understanding that you didn't have any say in the scripting of IvX #4... Reader and the other Inhumans were able to see Mosaic's incorporeal form when he wasn't possessing a person. In the pages Mosaic proper, only those who have previously been possessed by Mosaic (specifically Fife) are able to see him. Do you imagine Morris has refined this ability some time between the story in the current Mosaic run and that told in IvX?

I had zero contact with anyone concerned with I vX and am reading it only slightly before the public does.

Mosaic is not now nor has he ever been a telepath. He is invisible to telepaths, reading as "background noise" to them, under normal conditions. They cannot detect him, inside or outside any mind under normal conditions. It isn't the MIND that fights off Mosaic, it's the body. A telepath has no more ability to block Mosaic than a normal human under normal conditions. That includes the cuckoos, Jean grey and, if he were alive, Professor X. Their powers and Mosaic's power are in no way similar. Telepaths use psionic energy to take over, read or block the MIND. Mosaic takes over the BRAIN. he does not employ psionic energy.

Think of it this way.

Lightbulb is to Light what Brain is to Mind. The one generates the other. Mosaic takes over the generator and thus has control of its effects.

Under normal conditions most of what happened with Mosaic in both Inhumans 11 and I v X could not occur. So, since we know that they did occur, what can we conclude about the conditions?

=)

(ps: read Mosaic #6 and #7)
    Very interesting answer. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Understanding that you didn't have any say in the scripting of IvX #4... Reader and the other Inhumans were able to see Mosaic's incorporeal form when he wasn't possessing a person. In the pages Mosaic proper, only those who have previously been possessed by Mosaic (specifically Fife) are able to see him. Do you imagine Morris has refined this ability some time between the story in the current Mosaic run and that told in IvX?
    read issues #6 and #7 all will be made clear and logical.

BANNED

Redjack
    Rogue and Mosaic.
    How will their powers interact? Assuming that undetected Mosaic tried to posses her?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue and Mosaic.
    How will their powers interact? Assuming that undetected Mosaic tried to posses her?
    mosaic would become a pretty amazingly powerful mutant.

BANNED

mosaic would become a pretty amazingly powerful mutant.
    Thank You very much

Interesting. I would expect double ko rather because he will touch her and he should be absorbed by her like other energy beings - Wonderman or Shadow King for example.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Where IS Morris's mom?

Clearly she hasn't been in the picture for most of his life. Who is she? where is she? is she even alive?

if only there were someone who could answer these questions....
    looking forward to hearing more about her. I have really been enjoying the journey Morris has been on.

Spectacular Member

In thinking about the people Mosaic could potentially meet in the course of his journey through life I was trying to think of Non-Superpeople who exist on the periphery of the community and one name leapt out at me. How do you think Morris would handle it if he were to access Alicia Masters? I mean, first and foremost there is the fact that her being blind would make for a really interesting challenge both in terms of the writing (how do you convey him adapting) and the Art (no crutch of visuals from past experiences to carry things along) . But aside from that here is somebody with a definite disadvantage who has managed to excel in life as well as somebody who has been witness to just how much impact it can have when people who have special gifts use those for the benefit of others rather than just themselves. Not only in her own artwork and it's effects on others, but in her time with the FF and the Silver Surfer. If there is one Peripheral character to the Superhero world that would fascinate me for Morris to inhabit it would be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    In thinking about the people Mosaic could potentially meet in the course of his journey through life I was trying to think of Non-Superpeople who exist on the periphery of the community and one name leapt out at me. How do you think Morris would handle it if he were to access Alicia Masters? I mean, first and foremost there is the fact that her being blind would make for a really interesting challenge both in terms of the writing (how do you convey him adapting) and the Art (no crutch of visuals from past experiences to carry things along) . But aside from that here is somebody with a definite disadvantage who has managed to excel in life as well as somebody who has been witness to just how much impact it can have when people who have special gifts use those for the benefit of others rather than just themselves. Not only in her own artwork and it's effects on others, but in her time with the FF and the Silver Surfer. If there is one Peripheral character to the Superhero world that would fascinate me for Morris to inhabit it would be her.
    Hadn't thought of Alicia but, yes, she would be a great and fascinating host for Morris.