Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic Q & A

Spectacular Member

So, I think I might be the only person alive that likes/remembers this but I figure I can ask anyway. Did you take any inspiration from the old New Universe character "Antibody"? Randy also sent strange energy being versions of himself out into the world (though he retained his normal self at the same time) and they could enter people, transfer memories, and the like. Far from an exact match... but I think some of my enjoyment of Mosaic stems from my love of that old character.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    So, I think I might be the only person alive that likes/remembers this but I figure I can ask anyway. Did you take any inspiration from the old New Universe character "Antibody"? Randy also sent strange energy being versions of himself out into the world (though he retained his normal self at the same time) and they could enter people, transfer memories, and the like. Far from an exact match... but I think some of my enjoyment of Mosaic stems from my love of that old character.
    nope.

I make up my own stuff. Just as there is nothing of Deadman or Quantum Leap in MOSAIC, there is nothing of any other character. I just made him up because I could use him to tell certain kinds of stories.

I'm not inspired to write by other works of fiction, comics or otherwise. I'm inspired to write by real life.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

We may be able to chalk it up to deus ex cloud but did Morris and Kamala get hit with the terrigen cloud on the same day? Since they were both in New York.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I actually like this new character. I'm not an inhuman fan but some of the nuhumans are interesting. does he have any weaknesses? he seems pretty unstoppable at this point

I actually like this new character. I'm not an inhuman fan but some of the nuhumans are interesting. does he have any weaknesses? he seems pretty unstoppable at this point
    if you read the MOSAIC solo book you'll see he's not unstoppable. Not even close. His power has many limitations, some of which I've shown and others I haven't.

I wouldn't want to see him try to take over storm or electro, for instance. He clearly had a hard time with magneto (even though i didn't write or have any input into that). Think about why that might be.

the question of his unstoppability comes up a lot. he's not unstoppable but he is powerful. More powerful than he knows or has bothered to test. Superheroes should be unique and there should be things that ONLY that hero, alone, can accomplish. Otherwise, whats the point?.

Is the Flash faster than Superman? Yes. If he's not, there's no reason for him to exist. Mosaic was created not to be able to beat all opponents but to be able to stand tall against ANY foe.

No one asks if Thor is unstoppable.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-14-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    We may be able to chalk it up to deus ex cloud but did Morris and Kamala get hit with the terrigen cloud on the same day? Since they were both in New York.
    I'm inclined to say yes but Morris was cocooned for three weeks after getting hit.

How did you like Garrón's rendition of the 'Mosaic effect' in IvX #4 when Morris was taking in Magneto's memories and whatnot? I thought it was neat that the illustration maintained a sense of continuity of how this effect is depicted by Randolph and Lopez in the solo book.
    Last edited by Doc Sonic; 02-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Any possibility of Mosaic joining a team sometime in the future, also what about having a romance/love interest for Morris? If he gets over the whole Tia thing that is.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    if you read the MOSAIC solo book you'll see he's not unstoppable. Not even close. His power has many limitations, some of which I've shown and others I haven't.

I wouldn't want to see him try to take over storm or electro, for instance. He clearly had a hard time with magneto (even though i didn't write or have any input into that). Think about why that might be.

the question of his unstoppability comes up a lot. he's not unstoppable but he is powerful. More powerful than he knows or has bothered to test. Superheroes should be unique and there should be things that ONLY that hero, alone, can accomplish. Otherwise, whats the point?.

Is the Flash faster than Superman? Yes. If he's not, there's no reason for him to exist. Mosaic was created not to be able to beat all opponents but to be able to stand tall against ANY foe.

No one asks if Thor is unstoppable.
    omg!! when I wrote this I had no idea the writer for this character would be reading this let alone respond. thank you so much for taking the time out to do so. I was introduced to him through IvX so having no knowledge of him my immediate response was why couldnt emma or the other cuckoos sense his presence. that question led to further conversations which resulted in me concluding this guy is pretty powerful and hence why i posted my question here. however, based on the characters you mentioned in terms of who he should not try to overtake I imagine it has to do with electromagnetic forces?? don't answer that; it's a rhetorical question lol. I'm gonna go check out the 1# issue (didn't know about his solo either).

and I totally agree with your point about uniqueness (I mean it seems everyone is a telepath: avoid blondes and red heads). I like the idea that he was built to tackle any foe when accounting for conditions that would require him to be more cautious. but job well done, as an Xfan I don't have a favorable view of the inhumans with the exception of iso, kamala, and now morris.

again thank you for your response and I will let u know when I get a chance to read your book!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg!! when I wrote this I had no idea the writer for this character would be reading this let alone respond. thank you so much for taking the time out to do so. I was introduced to him through IvX so having no knowledge of him my immediate response was why couldnt emma or the other cuckoos sense his presence. that question led to further conversations which resulted in me concluding this guy is pretty powerful and hence why i posted my question here. however, based on the characters you mentioned in terms of who he should not try to overtake I imagine it has to do with electromagnetic forces?? don't answer that; it's a rhetorical question lol. I'm gonna go check out the 1# issue (didn't know about his solo either).

and I totally agree with your point about uniqueness (I mean it seems everyone is a telepath: avoid blondes and red heads). I like the idea that he was built to tackle any foe when accounting for conditions that would require him to be more cautious. but job well done, as an Xfan I don't have a favorable view of the inhumans with the exception of iso, kamala, and now morris.

again thank you for your response and I will let u know when I get a chance to read your book!
    Mosaic's powers are not telepathic. His normal powerset is a little different than it's depicted in the event crossover's (something we'll be dealing with in the solo book as we bring his story current with the rest of the MU).

i think, if you pick up MOSAIC, you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Hey, I've read the first 2 issues. The ending to the first issue stuck out to me the most. It will probably be my favorite moment as I continue to read.
    Anyway, if Mosaic went back in time could he possess himself? If so, how do you think that would play out?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If we're using this thread as a review thread, I thought this was the strongest issue of Mosaic so far. It packed a real emotional punch and the development so far paid off.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    In IvX #5 they have him jumping in storm. Are the other writers not aware of the limitations or should I just wait to see issue #6?

BANNED

What's more difficult for Mosaic in taking over Storm; her raw coursing electricity or her Claremontian indomitable will?

once again: i have not read today's issue of IvX.

I was not consulted about the use or nature of Mosaic's powers in the big event. Much of what happens in Iv X is outside his normal powerset but will ALSO be explained in the solo book. so you won't feel like you were reading a different character in IvX.

Comics are a fluid medium due to the nature of how they are created. There will be errors and discrepancies. No matter how hard we try we don't always have the same things in our heads when we write characters created by others. MY Cyclops will be slightly different than Bendis's or Claremont's for instance.

My version of Mosaic would have a LOT of trouble taking over characters like storm or electro, if he could do it all. If he DID do this in I v X there must currently be something wonky with his power set, hm? I wonder what that might be.

Also, while i did create Mosaic, MARVEL owns him. So they may, at any time, remove, replace or retcon any aspect of his powers. Bear that in mind for all superhero comics. Nothing is set in stone no matter how hard we may try to set it.

BOTTOM LINE: If you prefer the way he's depicted in IvX to the way I've been showing him, feel free to accept that version as correct. If you prefer my version, that is also there to choose. Or you could choose both versions and just enjoy the thrust of each story.

That's what comics books are supposed to be for, your pleasure.