Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    He thus far been a recurring background element, especially in issue #4 where he was a small but big part of Dan Garret's last day, though issue #6, next months, seems to up his role in the arc a bit, but we'll need to see. Fate's role, beyond the cryptic message to Ted and extreme reluctance and fear of letting Jamie be, is still largely still unknown, but it seems to have something to do with him being opposed to whatever or whomever the "Big Bad" of this arc is.
    That all seems rather vague. But it is the original Kent Nelson as Fate or is not even that clear?
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starocotes View Post
    That all seems rather vague. But it is the original Kent Nelson as Fate or is not even that clear?
    Other than the fact that he is wearing a somewhat traditional-looking Dr. Fate outfit rather than a hoodie, it is not clear which/who this is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Other than the fact that he is wearing a somewhat traditional-looking Dr. Fate outfit rather than a hoodie, it is not clear which/who this is.
    What Glenn said; his identity still pretty vague at the moment.

Pretty good issue. The last two have been very enjoyable after a rather slow start. Which actually bums me out because a character like Jaime, who isn't connected to the Bat, Super, or Lanternverse can't afford any slow starts. The dropping sales show that the average reader was not willing to stick around and wait for things to pick up. Marvel has relaunch Captain Marvel a hundred times since that character has trouble sustaining high sales. Maybe DC could just relaunch Blue Beetle if the sales get to cancellation levels (if they haven't already).

Mordacai seems kind of interesting and I wasn't expecting him to have an even more powerful Master. It cracked me up when Blur chalked up his aparent rudeness to him being a Trump supporter.

There isn't anyone in the Fate costume so it's most likely just Nabu with no human component. In Kingdom Come Nabu had taken over the helmet and Fate floated around without a body just like this.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-27-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

There isn't anyone in the Fate costume so it's most likely just Nabu with no human component. In Kingdom Come Nabu had taken over the helmet and Fate floated around without a body just like this.
    This doesn't make much sense in regard to what happend in the Dr. Fate Series. Is there a certain panel where it is shown that there is no one on the costume?
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

Scott Kollins just tweeted that they are using Kent Nelson as far as he knows ... hmm... maybe I cancelled too soon
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

I'm not blaming DC for the failure of this title. First two issues were really hard to get through because of the constant snark without any plot. Giffen made the same mistake with JL3000, his annoying starts drew away all the potential readers from a potentially good comic.

Plot finally started to pick up, I'm curious to see where it goes. Flash finally used her powers too, so it'll be interesting if she will ever get to interact with other Flashfamily members.

I rather suspect that most people tuned in, at first, wondering how in the world could Ted Kord be back, especially given the solicitations at the time the first issues came out. As time passed on, and we didn't get a "resurrection issue" (so far), they just lost interest. Or, perhaps could be trade-waiting, to see how it all comes out ...

On the other hand, those of us who have stuck with the book, even if some of the banter was annoying at times (but not nearly as much as it was when Giffen and Matteis were writing Justice League 3000, when they brought back Ted and Booster); have had our patience rewarded with some intriguing clues about some pretty massive changes in reality that has led to Ted and Jaime's new status quo. If DC decides to cancel the book, I hope they move Ted and Jaime into other books, to build up their audience. Like they did with Firestorm in the late '70's, early '80's.

I mean, I'm quite thrilled to find out that Teri does have Flash powers, and that was the reason why she intecepted Jaime and his friends so quickly after Ted's talk at Jaime's school. Seems to me that Ted has been quietly building a potential JL in the southwest, having other irons in the fire besides mentoring Jaime and the Posse.

But I rather suspect that Ted is a very important clue to the mysteries of Rebirth, and hope that he will stay awhile ...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Scott Kollins just tweeted that they are using Kent Nelson as far as he knows ... hmm... maybe I cancelled too soon
    I hope so; because the more I think about it, the more I doubt that that was truly Dr. Fate who ambushed Dan Garrett, and left him to die. And if Mordecai's attack on Jaime's mom has exposed his "master" too soon, there's going to be one heck of battle coming up ...

Btw, where does your signature at the bottom of your posts come from, please?

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    I hope so; because the more I think about it, the more I doubt that that was truly Dr. Fate who ambushed Dan Garrett, and left him to die. And if Mordecai's attack on Jaime's mom has exposed his "master" too soon, there's going to be one heck of battle coming up ...

Btw, where does your signature at the bottom of your posts come from, please?
    Right up the top of the page under the CBR banner and under the menu click on settings and then edit signature
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Right up the top of the page under the CBR banner and under the menu click on settings and then edit signature
    So, Smallville, Season 9, Episode 11: "Absolute Justice", then.

BANNED

So...what exactly is the extent of the damage to that cowboy-kid? Because it looks to me like his head got chopped off.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 01-31-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    So...what exactly is the extend of the damage to that cowboy-kid? Because it looks to me like his head got chopped off.
    Yeah, after that scene, he wasn't really focused on. We might have to wait until next issue.