Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Name the most "realistic" Super Heroes.

If you had to make a list, which super-heroes would you say are the most realistic and why?

Punisher. He has no powers, lives in a real city, doesn't really have a secret identity, and mostly fights street crime.

Green Arrow. Also has no powers. Has a believable origin. Currently operates out of a real city. Fights mostly street crime.

Batman. No powers. Believable origin. Believable base of operation. He loses points for living in a fictional city and having a somewhat unbelievable rogues gallery. Best example would probably be Earth One version.

Iron Man. No powers. Somewhat believable origin. Sufficiently advanced technology would allow suit to be created. Lives in a real city. Strikes against him would depend on how advanced his suit is. Obviously the kind that fits in a watch like the movies is out. Or the Extremis suit. Fighting terrorists and groups like AIM or Hydra isn't too unbelievable.

Black Widow. This applies largely to the movie version. A specially trained fighter who used to work for the Russian government and now is an agent of SHIELD is believable. The WW2 origin would be out.

Daredevil. This works with the suspension of disbelief rule. A kid gets doused with radioactive waste and loses his sight. In the process he gains a vague "super-power" of heightened other senses.

Feel free to pick others you may think I forgot and making your case for why you think they are "realistic".
    Assassinate Putin!

Will Eisner's Spirit.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Barrio Man.

Or, Ultra Comics.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

All the main characters of WATCHMEN, save for Manhatten.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    All the main characters of WATCHMEN, save for Manhatten.
    I can see them as cynical, but nothing about Rorschach really screams realistic to me. Or, well, any of them.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I can see them as cynical, but nothing about Rorschach really screams realistic to me. Or, well, any of them.
    The post said to list the "most" realistic superheroes you could think of. The pool for that is not a very big one; I did the best I could.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    The post said to list the "most" realistic superheroes you could think of. The pool for that is not a very big one; I did the best I could.
    True and fair enough.

Astonishing Member

Batman's not realistic at all.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Batman's not realistic at all.
    I completely agree.

Wild Dog?

<.<

BANNED

Hindsight Lad

Kobalt's sidekick, Page.

Miracleman. Not the character being realistic in terms of the real world. But a more real depiction of the consequences of a super powered being actually existing.

It depends on whether you mean "realistic" in terms of hewing to what we believe to be "natural law," or "realistic" in terms of extrapolating a given concept in a rigorously logical manner, as per edhopper's example of Miracleman.

Kick-Ass - Lets face it, he isn't a million miles from Phoenix Jones
    Defendor - from the Woody Harrelson film
    The two main characters from Super

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Kick-Ass - Lets face it, he isn't a million miles from Phoenix Jones
    Defendor - from the Woody Harrelson film
    The two main characters from Super
    Kick Ass had a few realistic moments, but on a whole was still a big fantasy.

Super I liked a lot but lost points for the climax, it was typical Die Hard stuff.

I didn't see Defendor.