Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Green Lantern Corps May Be Targeting an X-Men Star

http://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-cor...james-marsden/

Any thoughts? Personally, I think they should forget about Reynolds because he probably wouldn't go back, and because he's associated (perhaps unfairly) with that bomb of a few years back.

Cruise? No. I'm not a fan of him in much of anything really, and his brand of "cocky but lovable" heroes tends to lean too far toward "cocky" for me. Hal can be a pain, but I don't want to actively hope he gets clobbered, as I often do with Cruise's characters.

Marsden? Meh. Never blew me away in X-Men, but he's not terrible. Has a bit too much "Cruise" in him for me, though.

Cooper? I could see it. He's got the range and the likability factor; he could made Hal headstrong but still sympathetic.

Gyllenhahl? Same as Cooper. A definite maybe.

McHale? Loved "The Soup"...cannot imagine him as Hal, period.

I don't know who Arnie Hammer is.

Anybody else?

I'm one of the few who didn't think the first Green Lantern movie was terrible. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. I don't think Ryan Reynolds was suited for that role. It really didn't fit him. But I do think Green Lantern deserves another shot. It doesn't deserve to get lumped with the F4 jut yet. Personally, I'd like to see someone like James Marsden get a shot. I think his star is rising again. Plus, he got really screwed over by his X-men role and being Hal Jordan would help him re-establish himself in the superhero world.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hollywood has to stop trying to make Arnie Hammer a star. It's one thing to get someone pretty but on the cheap, but after repeated attempts, it's clear why he keeps remaining cheap.

James Marsden being tossed around is very much thanks to Westworld. He could do corny heroic and adventurous but also painful confusion and hauntingly contemplative. Now, I don't associate Hal with the latter two, but that's a considerable range for any actor, and something X-Men never let him do (despite being the PRIME property to do that). I'm really hoping that Westworld shakes off the Hollywood image of Marsden being an actor for well-meaning but vapid pretty boys - indeed, that's how his character is introduced in Westworld until we find out so much more of him. He could be the guy to give Hal the depth he's needed for years, and the kind of depth that other Lanterns have received. .

Theyre wish list seems to be all over the place in age from 30- 55. Wonder if they have even decided who will be the veteran and who will be the rookie between hal and stewart.

I'd be cool with Marsden as Hal, if only so he could finally be vindicated in a Superhero movie .

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Theyre wish list seems to be all over the place in age from 30- 55. Wonder if they have even decided who will be the veteran and who will be the rookie between hal and stewart.
    That the odd thing to me with the actors named. The age range is so drastic.

I think I remember Cooper and Marsden being on the shortlist for the 2011 film too. I'm guessing the Fillion ship has sailed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

James Marsden is pitch perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    James Marsden is pitch perfect.
    He actually does comedy really well too. Which is a something needed for playing hal oppsoite John.

I'm game, I echo the comments on his wasted potential in X and how he seems more than just a face. But of course, DC's production and execution must be on point. The stars must align for this one.

Retired

I think they do these wishlists primarily to build PR for the movie project. They'll put names on that list just because they know they'll bring more heat.

If it's a GREEN LANTERN CORPS movie, then they should cast John Stewart and forget about Hal Jordan. But I'd like to see Ryan Reynolds do a cameo. If they offered him a small part as Hal, with Blake Lively as Carol/Star Sapphire, maybe he'd bite. It would be a way to redeem himself and the previous movie.

So glad to see Marsden getting some love in this thread. His role as Cyclops is such a missed opportunity. He was picture perfect for that role. But the material they gave him was pathetic. Seriously, it's clear from the start that the film makers do not want him to be a great character. They were insulting him at every opportunity.

On topic, I don't know much about Green Lantern. The only frame of reference for me is the last movie. So I can't really say if Marsden is suitable for Hal or not. But what I do know is that he is a good actor and can be charming if given chance. So he is a good choice based on that alone.

And I just want him to play a proper superhero just one time.

I like Mardsen but he played softies too often. I want to see someone that's gonna put a jet fighter pilot jacket and be credible with it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Off that list Marsden, Cooper, and Hammer are the only ones I would consider. I don't hold Hammer responsible for the failure of the Lone Ranger. That movie failed mostly due to a bad script and Depp's weird Tonto. He was pretty good in The Men From Uncle. Copper has the swagger to pull off Hal pretty well. Marsden has the look and style to play a fun and freewheeling Hal pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Off that list Marsden, Cooper, and Hammer are the only ones I would consider. I don't hold Hammer responsible for the failure of the Lone Ranger. That movie failed mostly due to a bad script and Depp's weird Tonto. He was pretty good in The Men From Uncle. Copper has the swagger to pull off Hal pretty well. Marsden has the look and style to play a fun and freewheeling Hal pretty well too.
    Yea hammer has the superhero look and isnt a horrible actor. Marsden and cooper would be preferable though. Im just happy channing tatum isnt on the list. And im not a tatum hater like som people just dont want him as hal. Captain marvel maybe but not hal.