Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Justice League of America: Killer Frost Rebirth #1 Preview/Discussion

Justice League vs Suicide Squad battle finished, she is again in belle reeve, for now..

http://www.blastr.com/2017-1-20/just...lusive-preview
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-22-2017 at 03:37 PM.

It'll be nice seeing her prove Waller wrong.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Killer Frost has been my favorite character in the JL vs Suicide Squad crossover so I'm looking forward to this JLA one shot.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Wow Waller is really messing with her head. Interested to see how she handles that. I wonder if Batman or Cyborg could come up with a devise that would give her the energy she needs to survive so she wouldn't have to feed on living creatures. If she's gonna be Justice League now she can't keep having these cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow Waller is really messing with her head. Interested to see how she handles that. I wonder if Batman or Cyborg could come up with a devise that would give her the energy she needs to survive so she wouldn't have to feed on living creatures. If she's gonna be Justice League now she can't keep having these cravings.
    With the whole craving thing I think the Ray who controls solar energy will be a lot of help on that front. If not at least Batman and atom are super smart.

As for Waller, I sometimes forget just how close to evil she can be to her prisoners. I'm actually a little worried for Snow at this point even though we know she joins the JLA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I still don't really get the point of rehabilitating a fairly obscure old Firestorm villain while Ice is sitting around unused (I think).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    I still don't really get the point of rehabilitating a fairly obscure old Firestorm villain while Ice is sitting around unused (I think).
    It's not just the powers, it's the character.

Its also the fact that Frost has been a big part of the Flash show for three seasons, was a playable character in Injustice, and DC hasn't known what to do with Ice for years.

I do find it strange that Frost is getting this attention but DC doesnt appear to be pushing Firestorm as well. I'd love to see 'Storm brought in on JLA and see their relationship with Frost evolve. It'd mirror Caitlin's decline in the Flash show and add some pathos to the rivalry (which is built into the villain, what with her starting out as Ronnie's girlfriend).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    It's not just the powers, it's the character.
    Sure. I just happen to think Ice is a better character who isn't being used. I'm not much of a fan of villain turns either as it wastes a good villain.

Yikes. Are we not pretending that Waller is anything but a sadistic villain that should shot into space, anymore?

This and JLvsSS are doing a really good job of making Killer Frost into a compelling and tragic character, and I'm definitely curious to see where Orlando takes her from this issue and into JLA .

Conversely, we're seeing more and more of just how terrible a person Amanda Waller is .

I wonder if Firestorm is going to show up in this at all, to address their relationship? He has been conspicuously absent in Rebirth since he was on the character poster in the special, and Frost is one of his villains.

As for Ice, I hope she and the rest of the JLI get some action in some kind of Rebirth for their group. Be nice to see Fire, Ice, L-Ron, Booster, and the gang in a big way at some point.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Its also the fact that Frost has been a big part of the Flash show for three seasons, was a playable character in Injustice, and DC hasn't known what to do with Ice for years.

I do find it strange that Frost is getting this attention but DC doesnt appear to be pushing Firestorm as well. I'd love to see 'Storm brought in on JLA and see their relationship with Frost evolve. It'd mirror Caitlin's decline in the Flash show and add some pathos to the rivalry (which is built into the villain, what with her starting out as Ronnie's girlfriend).
    Firestorm is almost impossible to make interesting/compelling. He has a poor design, a real vague power set, and not much by way of characterization. He would need a lot of work to get him going. I'm sure someone could potentially make him work, but it would be an uphill climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Firestorm is almost impossible to make interesting/compelling. He has a poor design, a real vague power set, and not much by way of characterization. He would need a lot of work to get him going. I'm sure someone could potentially make him work, but it would be an uphill climb.
    Well, he certainly needs a lot of TLC, but Firestorm has potential man.

The issue with him, I think, is that he was such a product of his time, and we're not really scared of a nuclear holocaust anymore. Sort of like Dazzler drying up when disco died out, Firestorm struggles to have a purpose without the fear of Cold War style Armageddon.

Conceptually though, there's a lot to work with, a lot of themes you could potentially dig into, a lot of fun dynamics. I could Rebirth the hell out of Firestorm (if I were a good writer anyway). It'd be yuge!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    I thought this too but Killer Frost has been popping up everywhere. There should definitely be a scene where Ice gets jealous and calls out she was replaced lmao. Poor Ice...

Firestorm's worked well in outside media, is currently both a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow and a reoccurring hero in Justice League Action, and he's had a few long runs in the comics.

I don't see any reason why that success can't be replicated in comics today with a strong creative team and commitment from DC. But that's just me...