Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Because of precisely what you said.

The way you put makes Ice UN-interesting and unable to generate stories.
    Rebirth Ice is a blank slate, any writer could make her interesting.

In any case, I understand your point why the *writer* would choose the character. How they justify other heroes choosing her will be the interesting part. (Which has the potential to not make any sense whatsoever)

3 pages and 700 views.. I am happy for put this in the same moment that I found this The People are quite interested in killer frost.

Pretty good issue. A nice coda to all of Frost's character development in JLvSS and as solid and strong a character piece as the other JLA Rebirth issues .

The art was just lovely. I hope DC gives Mirka Adolof more work in the future, and the same can be said for the artists of the other character one-shots.

I kinda wish they had acknowledged Firestorm at least once in the issue, but I'm not surprised they didn't. Really wondering what the plans are for that character going forward in Rebirth.

I like that Orlando brought back Heatstroke and her relationship with Coldsnap. From the looks of it, she sold out the crime boss who they were working for to save her boyfriend, and they can't even have physical contact with each other.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of her going forward, or explore an odd friendship between her and Frost (which I guess would be kind of difficult given Heatsroke is still in prison...).

Though I wonder...

spoilers:
    It looks like Frost has learned to lightly absorb heat from touch, to the point where it isn't even noticeable she's doing it, which was how she was able to last and use her powers again.

So she hasn't beaten her addiction to heat, but I guess she has more control over it now that she doesn't need to kill someone to use her powers.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

It was a fun if a bit simple of a story. Though the bit at the end certainly felt odd the way the book played it.

spoilers:

Seems Killer Frost has learned how to control her draining of heat. But it gets weird because the book seems to treat it like it's some horrendous secret that she's keeping (and that it's bad that she's doing this) and she's not gotten over her "addiction". But it isn't really one anymore than say humans are addicted to food I mean it seems to be killing her to not absorb heat after all and she's now learned how to do it without hurting folks.
    end of spoilers

And not so much spoiled since it was in the preview too but man do I hate how Waller acts/treats her.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    She probably just barely missed being turned into a villain and shooting Bronze Tiger or Deadshot in the head during Infinite Crisis.
    Let's not kid ourselves here. Amanda Waller has always been a villain. She is just a villain who works for the good guys. To her people are tools be they good guys or bad and she cares nothing about who gets hurt or killed as long as the job she wants done gets done. If not a villain she is at least a sociopath.

All-New Member

I enjoy Killer Frost as a character but I don't understand why she can't just absorb heat from cows or chickens or some other animal that every other (non vegan) human uses for food?

Spectacular Member

Maybe the way to make Firestorm interesting is to have him slowly devolve into a villain or anti hero. Keep him and Frost as arch enemies. As she tries to rehabilitate - something's happening with him - - new person in the meld / outside control / something to make him snap, that cause him to move to the otherwise of the spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    Maybe the way to make Firestorm interesting is to have him slowly devolve into a villain or anti hero. Keep him and Frost as arch enemies. As she tries to rehabilitate - something's happening with him - - new person in the meld / outside control / something to make him snap, that cause him to move to the otherwise of the spectrum
    NO. (10 char)