Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A theory on Age of X-Man's premise

In this world, the entire hero community is gone and replaced with the mutants, who in this reality are considered heroes.

"The Marvelous X-Men" will be about this world's equivalent to the Avengers.

"The Amazing Nightcrawler" will have Nightcrawler taking the role that Spider-Man fills.

"The X-Tremists" will fill in this world's version of SHIELD.

"Apocalypse and the X-Tracts" will be about a team of weirdos and outcasts without the oppressed minority metaphor, like the Doom Patrol or pre-Claremont X-Men.

"Prisoner X" will be about this world's villains and criminals, with Bishop being the only character besides probably Nate Grey who remembers that the real world is like.

"Nextgen" is about this world's equivalent to the Young Avengers or Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In this world, the entire hero community is gone and replaced with the mutants, who in this reality are considered heroes.

"The Amazing Nightcrawler" will have Nightcrawler taking the role that Spider-Man fills.

"Apocalypse and the X-Tracts" will be about a team of weirdos and outcasts without the oppressed minority metaphor, like the Doom Patrol or pre-Claremont X-Men.

"Prisoner X" will be about this world's villains and criminals, with Bishop being the only character besides probably Nate Grey who remembers that the real world is like.

YES I was JUST thinking this. The entire line are facsimiles of the Marvel headliners.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bishop retaining his memories makes sense since it was the same plot point in AoA. But that would be a major plot element; I wonder how they'll fit it in if they go through with it.

BANNED

I double. I'd add that characters are not alnternative analog. They are changed 616 characters.

BANNED

They already said Apocalypse is about a leftist militant group.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They already said Apocalypse is about a leftist militant group.
    Can I ask where?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The original title for Marvelous seems to have been Exalted, or maybe that's what they are referred to in universe, either way, there seems to be a sort of cult-like or commune feel to the books and the designs.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Can I ask where?
    Tim Seeley described it as such on his Twitter.

Can I ask where?
    Tim Seeley's Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...78183335460865
    https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...56668359888901

Plus, the character sheets describe it like so:

The cover art and what we know so far definitely support that premise.
    I think Prisoner X might be a parallel for the Weapon X program and not the villains.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The leftists are hippies?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Tim Seeley's Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...78183335460865
    https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...56668359888901

Plus, the character sheets describe it like so:

Interesting that Kitty and Apocalypse are being held prisoner together right now.

So this makes me wonder if Evan isn't a part of the group originally and is sent to hunt them down or something?

Empty is thy hand!

This looks like it'll either be really great or really awful. No in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    I double. I'd add that characters are not alnternative analog. They are changed 616 characters.
    I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that X-Force and Uncanny will be running at the same time. From what they've shown us those books won't cross over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that X-Force and Uncanny will be running at the same time. From what they've shown us those books won't cross over.
    but they will probably continue running with characters that were unaffected by this, or it will simply be a "not happening at the same time" thing