BANNED

Default ID:R Earth Vs the Enterprise-E

Instead of the Harvester Queen and the Sphere coming to Earth in Independence Day: Resurgence, the event never happens. Instead, the ESD is contacted by the Q Continuum! And after one of former President Whitmore's rousing speeches?

Q answers "You really have no idea how much further you have to progress, do you? Well, let's have a little demonstration!"

A very small(comparatively...) ship comes streaking into the solar system from the Oort Cloud(needless to say people are going WTF at how quick a near-kilometer long vessel can move, and how agile it can be...)

"This is an old friend of mine, Captain Jean-Luc Picard. He is going to test your defenses with a single ship, ignoring both the Temporal Prime Directive and the Prime Directive proper. Oh, and the name of your destroyer...is the USS Enterprise-E. Now fight, for all you're worth."

Independence Day: Resurgence Earth, with all its forces intact VS the USS Enterprise-E with Jean Luc Picard commanding.

Who comes out ahead?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

The Enterprise hangs out in Jovian orbit and teleports photon torpedoes into the EDF's bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Hooo...You must really hate ID Earth. Even with the advance tech they had, it's still primitive compared to the Big E...Especially the Enterprise-E.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hooo...You must really hate ID Earth. Even with the advance tech they had, it's still primitive compared to the Big E...Especially the Enterprise-E.
    Ah, ****. What if we went with TOS Enterprise with Kirk in command? Should be much closer.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Ah, ****. What if we went with TOS Enterprise with Kirk in command? Should be much closer.
    Supposedly, even Kirk was capable of wiping out all life on a planet. TOS apparently has two episodes claiming the Enterprise could do so, one of which mentions something called General Order 24 - a Starfleet directive allowing a Captain to do exactly that if an alien race looked threatening enough to the Federation. I've got no clue if that Enterprise has the feats to back it up, though.

On the other hand, they do have Tractor beams, IIRC, and the astronavigation crewmembers required to calculate trajectories to be able to fling asteroids at Earth, so if they get creative...

Probably not. In a Mirror, Darkly shows that a well armed 23rd Century Federation ship...Is way more powerful than ships of the 22nd Century.

Here's an example regarding firepower.

Note that this was because of sabotage though the NX-01 crew can raise the yield that high (they mention that the power was enough to destroy Mt McKinley) if they don't give a damn of damaging their ship. But otherwise, it's not recommended for the phase cannons to be that powerful.

...TOS ship phasers are a lot more advanced than phase cannons.

Yeah, the 70s special effects left a lot to be desired but overall 23rd century tech is pretty dangerous (again, In a Mirror, Darkly pretty much made it official that TOS era was that advanced)

Heck, I'm trying to recall if they mention the Enterprise's phasers (or was it lasers?) are powerful enough to shatter continents...

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    The Enterprise hangs out in Jovian orbit and teleports photon torpedoes into the EDF's bases.
    Jovian?

Explain.

Jovian = Jupiter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Probably not. In a Mirror, Darkly shows that a well armed 23rd Century Federation ship...Is way more powerful than ships of the 22nd Century.

Here's an example regarding firepower.

Note that this was because of sabotage though the NX-01 crew can raise the yield that high (they mention that the power was enough to destroy Mt McKinley) if they don't give a damn of damaging their ship. But otherwise, it's not recommended for the phase cannons to be that powerful.

...TOS ship phasers are a lot more advanced than phase cannons.

Yeah, the 70s special effects left a lot to be desired but overall 23rd century tech is pretty dangerous (again, In a Mirror, Darkly pretty much made it official that TOS era was that advanced)

Heck, I'm trying to recall if they mention the Enterprise's phasers (or was it lasers?) are powerful enough to shatter continents...
    DAMN. I forgot about that episode.

That ought to take out the presidential succession line like we saw in the movie, without the need for landing ground troops. Moon base, likely. Area 51, not too sure because it looked pretty well defended and fortified with armour.

But is the Enterprise, even the TOS one quick enough to avoid that many of those radio telescope-sized beam cannons, though? They locked onto the Sphere ship pretty quickly, reaction time seems comparable to a Starfleet crew. However, the cannon is fixed, and the Enterprise would be flying evasively....

BANNED

Mods I think we might need a thread delete here, this is a stomp. apologies for that.

I found this while looking around:

That's ships fighting at LD(lunar distance) with torpedoes.

DAMN. I forgot about that episode.

That ought to take out the presidential succession line like we saw in the movie, without the need for landing ground troops. Moon base, likely. Area 51, not too sure because it looked pretty well defended and fortified with armour.

But is the Enterprise, even the TOS one quick enough to avoid that many of those radio telescope-sized beam cannons, though? They locked onto the Sphere ship pretty quickly, reaction time seems comparable to a Starfleet crew. However, the cannon is fixed, and the Enterprise would be flying evasively....
    I'm going say that the Enterprise's shields might hold...And then they'll lock on those cannons and wipe them out with phasers and torpedoes. To memory, the targeting computers are spot on. Not mention the cannons seem to lack shields...which makes it easy to blow up.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Yeah, generally the only SF franchise that can do to Trek what Trek does to other franchises is WH40K, with their void shields and cyclonic torpedoes. Trek tech is a little deceptive in that while it may seem only moderately powerful in the context of the show, it can completely devastate pretty much anything not as advanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Yeah, generally the only SF franchise that can do to Trek what Trek does to other franchises is WH40K, with their void shields and cyclonic torpedoes. Trek tech is a little deceptive in that while it may seem only moderately powerful in the context of the show, it can completely devastate pretty much anything not as advanced.
    I would say maybe the scenario would have something if the NX-01 Enterprise is used because...Well, it's probably the most low tech Enterprise for sure. No shields with only a reinforced hull. The phase cannons are powerful but not completely devastating unless they are willing to make risks to the ship doing it. Spatial torpedoes are kinda useless with the later photonic torpedoes being a big improvement but not exactly like the torpedoes in TOS or TNG. And the crew are not exactly too knowledgeable with the tech they have (since it's both new and...They have yet to really understand it) so nothing too insane that would make this a cakewalk for them.

I'm pretty sure the fighters and cannons...Would actually make this a challenge for the NX-01. I mean maybe season 3-4 when the ship was refitted would give Enterprise the edge due to better equipment...Or having the option to beam a team of MACOs into Area 51 to clean house (...Seriously, the security kinda sucked in there despite the laser rifles).