Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default Huh? Seriously? Eddie is... *Spoilers*

Back as Venom? What about Toxin? If true I'm highly disappointed. Eddie had his time and Venom will just recycle his old stories once again with him eventually being his old self.

They didn't even try with Toxin and returning him to Venom basically means that Toxin and it's original host died for literally nothing. And what about Flash?

I hope it isn't true but if it is I won't be touching the series.

iMan 42s

I'm not exactly up to date on my spider stuff but when did this happen?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

They could just be teasing fans to get retailers to order more copies of #6, by teasing the return of Brock as Venom.

Though putting him back in the Symbiote would be one way to celebrate the anniversary of Venom...

iMan 42s

I feel like there is more untapped potential in Toxin than Eddie has with Venom considering at this point not only is he not over his hate for the thing, but had admitted that Venom brought out the absolute worst in him. While it isn't totally the alien's fault, it definitely did not help things.

Toxin set up a different kind of dynamic that I feel would be a shame to throw out. That being said I'm not 100% on board with Lee Price so in the short term this definitely has my attention.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They could just be teasing fans to get retailers to order more copies of #6, by teasing the return of Brock as Venom.

Though putting him back in the Symbiote would be one way to celebrate the anniversary of Venom...
    My issue is that it would come at a cost of derailing these characters and essentially these stories. too. I also agree that it'd be a total waste of Brock getting the Toxin Symbiote, and like Sardorim said, it would mean that Patrick Mulligan would have died, off screen like an amateur punk, for absolutely nothing. To add to it, Brock killed Scott Washington/Hybrid, too, at a time when Brock was utterly powerless. Scott was taken down like an amateur punk as well, on screen but with no more dignity, and Brock completely got away with it.

So yeah, it's still early, but so far, I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm also enjoying Lee's story so far, so to hear that it might be short-lived doesn't help things for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm not exactly up to date on my spider stuff but when did this happen?
    CBR just posted a short article saying that Marvel Comics said that Eddie will be back and will become Venom again in issue 6. No context and no other details were given, though.

http://www.cbr.com/eddie-brock-retur...marvel-comics/

Peter and the Symbiote made up in the last run with flash

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm also enjoying Lee's story so far, so to hear that it might be short-lived doesn't help things for me.
    It would be kind of odd to have Brock come back as Venom six issues into a new host's book, rather then just starting Brock back off as Venom again for the new volume, though they might want to have tied his return closer to the Venom anniversary.

A part of me still thinks they're trying to pull an "MJ" to get more attention, and nothing significant will happen in the actual interiors, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Back as Venom?....
    Yay, sorry my inner fanboy just marked out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of odd to have Brock come back as Venom six issues into a new host's book, rather then just starting Brock back off as Venom again for the new volume, though they might want to have tied his return closer to the Venom anniversary.

A part of me still thinks they're trying to pull an "MJ" to get more attention, and nothing significant will happen in the actual interiors, but you never know.
    No doubt, which is why I'm not buying a single issue until his return as a full-time Venom has been confirmed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    CBR just posted a short article saying that Marvel Comics said that Eddie will be back and will become Venom again in issue 6. No context and no other details were given, though.

http://www.cbr.com/eddie-brock-retur...marvel-comics/
    They must have realised how much we disliked this bland new guy.

Maybe Eddie's role is to "save" the symbiote from Price, leading to Venom's return as an anti-hero rather than a full-on villain.

In any case, really glad to have him back.

Lee Venom has felt temporary to me. He's pretty much a trainwreck as Venom, which seems to be intentional. So not surprised to hear he'll be replaced soon.

Thing is, the symbiote has changed its perspective since the last time Brock was host.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Lee Venom has felt temporary to me. He's pretty much a trainwreck as Venom, which seems to be intentional. So not surprised to hear he'll be replaced soon.

Thing is, the symbiote has changed its perspective since the last time Brock was host.
    So has Brock's, which is why a pairing at this point makes sense. Unless they go full-on evil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Maybe Eddie's role is to "save" the symbiote from Price, leading to Venom's return as an anti-hero rather than a full-on villain.

In any case, really glad to have him back.
    From what I've heard about Price's relationship with the Symbiote, it would jump at the chance to reunite with an old host if it had the chance. All the moreso with it's history with Brock.

It's interesting to ponder what Brock as Venom again in 616 could be like after all these years...