Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Maybe toxin will be picked up by flash to become agent red

BANNED

is it safe to assume this will be a good jumping on point? because i like venom but would hate to read through the other issues of generic symbiote host just to see eddie brock again

Spectacular Member

or maybe toxin will merge with Kaine and cure his degenerative garbage going on again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    They must have realised how much we disliked this bland new guy.
    Brock is coming back so early in this run that his return was clearly part of the original pitch for the book. So, no - this is not a reaction to reader response. And the fact is, while some people definitely don't like Lee Price, plenty of other readers have responded well to him.

If they're making Eddie Venom again I hope Flash at least gets another symbiote. I'd hate for him to disappear into character limbo.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Flash to be Venom again. Seeing Eddie with the symbiote made me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    If they're making Eddie Venom again I hope Flash at least gets another symbiote. I'd hate for him to disappear into character limbo.
    Well, it'd be nice to see him in ASM again but I don't think that book has much room for classic supporting characters at the moment (at least ones that aren't getting brought back from the dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it'd be nice to see him in ASM again but I don't think that book has much room for classic supporting characters at the moment (at least ones that aren't getting brought back from the dead).
    One reason that, as a Spider-Man fan, I don't read ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Brock is coming back so early in this run that his return was clearly part of the original pitch for the book. So, no - this is not a reaction to reader response. And the fact is, while some people definitely don't like Lee Price, plenty of other readers have responded well to him.
    yeah, i doubt the turnover time allows for such a quick response if one was ever warranted.
    troo fan or death

Ultimate Member

Brock is coming back??

Color me excited!

BANNED

we will eat your brains. Always wanted to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want Flash to be Venom again. Seeing Eddie with the symbiote made me shake my head.
    Agreed. Eddie has his fans, sure - but for me, Flash as Venom made all the sense in the world. Flash, conceptually, is the perfect host for the Venom symbiote. And there's still so much to be done with him as Venom, too. His book barely scratched the surface of the possibilities.

-Pav, who knows it's only a matter of time...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Uh, can we kill off Kasady via him getting completely vaporized in the Sun, then make Eddie Carnage, so that with his personality, he becomes like Hannibal Lecter?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of odd to have Brock come back as Venom six issues into a new host's book, rather then just starting Brock back off as Venom again for the new volume, though they might want to have tied his return closer to the Venom anniversary.
    I think this is going to be a Bait & Switch type maneuver by Marvel. Brock will don the Venom symbiote again for the anniversary issue, maybe the next because something happens to Lee. Brock is the "safe" intermediate host vs say Gargan(if he's in the issue). Now, what that means for the Toxin symbiote during that time I don't know.
    We know they plan this stuff out 6mo to a year out. Introducing Lee this close to an "anniversary" issue only to discard him before we know him doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    They must have realised how much we disliked this bland new guy.
    Doesn't matter, they haven't had real time to gauge our full response on the character and alter course. This is, what it always was going to be. Any vocal negativity about Lee hasn't had it's time to affect Editorial decisions. Writers have to have their stories prepared up to 3 months in advance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    One reason that, as a Spider-Man fan, I don't read ASM.
    One of many for me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."