Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Not to mention a lot of Chinese animation has to be okay by the government's entertainment branch which means that certain subjects won't show up. I think that, given China want's to expand it's movie market, I'm pretty sure we'll see more in the future. As for Korea, I think a good focus of the studios are being used by Japan and the US and other countries. Actually I'd like to also see more animation from India as well. There's some pretty interesting looking stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Blade of the phantom Master was pretty good. Most anime produced these days is outsourced to Korea, so I'm sure we like it just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    I don't think the West has hardly been exposed to Chinese/Korean animation, at least anime made for those markets, I don't see why it wouldn't be popular if it was marketed to US audiences. But was'nt thundercats done by a Korean studio? I'm pretty sure regular show was also done by a Korean studio.
    Guys... I obviously didn't mean American shows or Western animation that have been outsourced to Korea or any of the Japanese Anime that was partially animated in Korea, that would make the topic a bit pointless, I'm talking about original Korean animation made for Korea and original Chinese animation made for China.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Over on the end of Korea, you have the issue of smaller studios doing not so great animation for filler arcs of Japanese shows, so good quality Korean animation hasn't come out here in a while. Again, like China more people are discovering it along with Taiwanese animation and several other asian countries. The problem still is that they have to get dubbed here and pushed into the market. There's been several italian shows that have shown up here in the states but you wouldn't know it because the style is very Asian influenced. W.I.T.C.H., Winkies club, Totally Spies, and Huntik are a few I know of, along with France: Code Lyoko, Miraculous Ladybug, and the Uk: Matt Hatter and some other smaller shows, are the ones that usually get dubbed and even then it's a hard sell because of the lack of places for animation.
    I got introduced to "Miraculous Ladybug" by some younger family members... it's actually pretty fun. the first season is really, REALLY formulaic. but it's got a fun sort of vibe to it-- somewhere between Golden Age Lee/Ditko Spiderman, Ranma 1/2, and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. the english dub isn't too bad... but I still prefer it in the original French.

"what would Paris be without pigeons?" has to be one of the funniest super-villain origins I've ever seen.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    So no one here in CBR is really familiar with Asian animation outside of Anime and whatever Japan produces.
    Speaking as Chinese man myself I actually have some interest in Chinese animation actually one of the best visually from mainland China is Big Fish and begonia while wonderfully done with some help from Korea the story had problems and I am personally reluctant to look into it. I really wish China would actually do more with it's animation department because I have been hungry for new thing other than Japan and the US. There's also Qin's Moon an animated 3-D wuxia series. It borrows some tropes from Japan such as the hot-headed shone style hero but I don't like him that much and would rather see the show focus itself on the more adult cast. I dropped Qin's Moon after a while but might come back to it at some point. Anyway here's some trailers to show you what they are about. Bear in mind Qin's Moon's animation starts poorly but improves in the subsequent seasons. And also there is afantastic looking film from China called Master Jiang and the Six Kingdoms I might check it but it's been in development hell neverthelesst here is a trailer for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpjVR9BqI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBBJSf3xgSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0JVAeSibc&t=14s
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    W.I.T.C.H., Winkies club, Totally Spies, and Huntik are a few I know of, along with France: Code Lyoko, Miraculous Ladybug, and the Uk: Matt Hatter
    The only good show you mentioned and you can't even write its correct name down...

Winx Club, not "winkies" or some crap!
    Last edited by Winx Club Forever; 11-01-2018 at 09:07 AM. Reason: emoji doesn't work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winx Club Forever View Post
    The only good show you mentioned and you can't even write its correct name down...

Winx Club, not "winkies" or some crap!
    Sorry to say, but while I don't mind Italian animation, I just can't frickin' stand Winx Club. Could never get into the show. Bleh...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Sorry to say, but while I don't mind Italian animation, I just can't frickin' stand Winx Club. Could never get into the show. Bleh...
    Better than ladybug though...