Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    DC Comics Historian

Default Who escapes Mr. Oz's prison in Superman Reborn?

Is there any chance that one of Mr. Oz's prisoners is Con-El? The REAL Con-El with Jeans and Tshirt and all? You would just have to think since he is able to pull things from space and time there is a good chance he has characters via Post-Crisis held prisoner. Someone afterall in his prison knows Superman as alluded to when Mr. Oz said "I am sure if I let you out you would have an opinion". He could have been talking about Ray Palmer but we have seen that it is obvious there is more than one person being held.

What say you masses?

Oz could be pre-Flashpoint Luthor at this point, and everything is a massive red-herring. I wouldn't be surprised if Kon El shows up at some point, but with the new Superboy being pushed I'm doubting he'd be back permanently. Regardless I'm expecting to be stunned by the revelations when everything finally drops.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

I doubt it's Kon. And *if* one of Oz's prisoners is him, I doubt he'd be back permanently, just like Montressor said. Other theories regarding the prisoners are future Tim Drake (allegedly he briefly escaped and managed to see who's in the other two cells, saying that "this can't be" or something) and the already suspected pre-FP Doomsday, new52 Superman and new52 Lois Lane. If that cover from one of the titles of the Superman Reborn crossover is anything to go by (I kinda doubt it, BTW), then new52 Superman is alive.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That would be kind of awkward for a couple reasons. For starters, technically Kon-El was rebooted after Flashpoint just like everyone else. Unless he was somehow plucked before Flashpoint and the New 52 version was someone else entirely. Like Superman. Which I guess they could do but that brings up the second problem: Jon is really being pushed as the new Superboy. What role would he have in the Rebirth universe? He could join the Titans but as what? I'm not saying they couldn't do it or shouldn't but there are a number of things that would have to be taken into account to pull it off.
    Assassinate Putin!

DC Comics Historian

Yeah, it was interesting that what he saw was seemingly beings made of of energy. I thought maybe he saw himself from Future's End/Batman Beyond but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Yeah, it was interesting that what he saw was seemingly beings made of of energy. I thought maybe he saw himself from Future's End/Batman Beyond but we shall see.
    Who are you talking about here?

EDIT: nevermind, just saw Last Son's post.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 01-24-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The "energy being" is just Tim getting teleported back to his prison.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

maybe Doomsday, since jurgens is the one who wrote him into the prison and we don't have any villains in the story yet besides Oz and whoever REDACTED is.

Also I still have a theory about tim drake from futures end merging with the normal tim drake to show the 2 supermen it's possible to do. I only say this because i have no other idea what they would do with futures end tim drake at this point.

I thought about Doomsday, too. Except for the fact that he doesn't seem to be trapped in a "regular" prison cell, like Tim Drake is. Unless one of those other doors leads to the room in which we saw Oz and Doomsday.

EDIT: of course, it's a given that they'll use Doomsday again. I mean, Mr. Oz will.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    maybe Doomsday, since jurgens is the one who wrote him into the prison and we don't have any villains in the story yet besides Oz and whoever REDACTED is.

Also I still have a theory about tim drake from futures end merging with the normal tim drake to show the 2 supermen it's possible to do. I only say this because i have no other idea what they would do with futures end tim drake at this point.
    Isn't that the series that also had the New 52 Superman in it? I have a feeling that will get retconned out of continuity.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Oz could be pre-Flashpoint Luthor at this point, and everything is a massive red-herring. I wouldn't be surprised if Kon El shows up at some point, but with the new Superboy being pushed I'm doubting he'd be back permanently. Regardless I'm expecting to be stunned by the revelations when everything finally drops.
    Same here. I think Kon will return and either assume a new identity or, more to my liking, join the LoSH when it returns as Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I doubt it's Kon. And *if* one of Oz's prisoners is him, I doubt he'd be back permanently, just like Montressor said. Other theories regarding the prisoners are future Tim Drake (allegedly he briefly escaped and managed to see who's in the other two cells, saying that "this can't be" or something) and the already suspected pre-FP Doomsday, new52 Superman and new52 Lois Lane. If that cover from one of the titles of the Superman Reborn crossover is anything to go by (I kinda doubt it, BTW), then new52 Superman is alive.
    I thought they were both gone as well. That solicit for Superwoman in April suggests that New 52 Lois is returning, so I wouldn't count New 52 Superman out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That would be kind of awkward for a couple reasons. For starters, technically Kon-El was rebooted after Flashpoint just like everyone else. Unless he was somehow plucked before Flashpoint and the New 52 version was someone else entirely. Like Superman. Which I guess they could do but that brings up the second problem: Jon is really being pushed as the new Superboy. What role would he have in the Rebirth universe? He could join the Titans but as what? I'm not saying they couldn't do it or shouldn't but there are a number of things that would have to be taken into account to pull it off.
    Let's assume for a second that Manhattan needed "a Superman" for his New 52 experiment, knowing the real deal and Lois had been taken by Brainiac right before Flashpoint. In this new timeline, the New 52 Superboy would have to then have been cloned from the New 52 Superman. It could very well be that Manhattan had to "remove" Connor from the timeline, as he was now a redundancy. This might mean he's one of Oz's prisoners or is somewhere else entirely. As for Connor, he would definitely have a place somewhere once the pre-Flashpoint timeline has been restored (or, at the very least, mostly restored with New 52 elements) most likely with a new ID or as I suggested above, in a different era altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

I was thinking REDACTED is Manhattan, but it's too early to have him appear. Could REDACTED be Superboy Prime?

It was mentioned that Superboy Prime appeared (in flashback) recently in Nightwing. I also think Nu52 Superman and Nu52 Lois are both still alive and being held by someone (not necessarily this Oz person). A podcast I listen to mentioned that Rorschach was alluded to in a recent comic, which leads me to ask...has anyone put together a list of all the Rebirth hints and clues, all the mysterious Watchmen easter eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    It was mentioned that Superboy Prime appeared (in flashback) recently in Nightwing. I also think Nu52 Superman and Nu52 Lois are both still alive and being held by someone (not necessarily this Oz person). A podcast I listen to mentioned that Rorschach was alluded to in a recent comic, which leads me to ask...has anyone put together a list of all the Rebirth hints and clues, all the mysterious Watchmen easter eggs?
    For the love of God, Montressor, someone has!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    For the love of God, Montressor, someone has!
    lol, Atomic Man, your stock has risen with me!

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Doomsday that Oz captured was the Pre-Flashpoint Post-Crisis version. So it wouldnt be all that awkward at all.