Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Thank goodness Ant Man 2 addressed that. That makes me wonder - Cap and team are such dbags that they drag a guy into something he has no.reason to.be.involved in but then.leaves him to.rot in.prison,
    Isn't it less that they left him in prison and more Scott didn't want to be a fugitive? It's why Clint opted for house arrest.

Ultimate Member

Thank goodness Ant Man 2 addressed that. That makes me wonder - Cap and team are such dbags that they drag a guy into something he has no.reason to.be.involved in but then.leaves him to.rot in.prison,
    Except they didn't leave him to rot in prison, he and Clint simply took a deal later to be with their families.

Last time I checked, Scott is actually a fully grown man, powers aside. They asked him for help, he made the decision to help. He was warned what might happen, and went through with it anyways

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Except they didn't leave him to rot in prison, he and Clint simply took a deal later to be with their families.

Last time I checked, Scott is actually a fully grown man, powers aside. They asked him for help, he made the decision to help. He was warned what might happen, and went through with it anyways
    And the Pym's raked him over the coals for doing it and basically jeopardizing their whole operation.

BANNED

It's a good movie on it's own but it's very bad if you compare it to the comic version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You need action that actually drives the plot forward. The airport scene has very little impact on the plot. It was fun, but it was a total diversion. Felt like I was watching a DVD extra, like they had left the extended pod-racing scene in Phantom Menace.
    Err, it did drive the plot forward.

That fight was crossing the Rubicon for the Avengers. By the end of it, only 3 Avengers weren't outlaws/wanted fugitives (I'm not counting Spidey and Panther), destroying the team. Cap and Tony both lost all their backup and Rhodes was nearly killed, escalating the tensions between Stark and Cap. And hell, destroying the Avengers was a major trigger for Stark, so there's that on top of his best friend nearly dying

Spectacular Member

What I hated most about Civil War though, is that Russos made Cap a selfish ahole. I get its their attempt to make him relatable, but its Captain America. He should be a paragon. Not someone who screws over everyone else because
    "He was my friend"
    And seeing the fallout of S.H.I.E.L.D. going down, especially due to them releasing top secret files makes me hate him even more.

Ultimate Member

What I hated most about Civil War though, is that Russos made Cap a selfish ahole. I get its their attempt to make him relatable, but its Captain America. He should be a paragon. Not someone who screws over everyone else because
    "He was my friend"
    And seeing the fallout of S.H.I.E.L.D. going down, especially due to them releasing top secret files makes me hate him even more.
    Cap didn't screw anyone but Tony by protecting Bucky, though. If the circumstances were different, Cap lying (by omission) to Tony wouldn't have done the damage it did.

I like that Cap's not perfect, he just tries to be.