Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider-Woman #15 SPOILERS (Big ones)

-Flashback of what went down between Roger and Hobgoblin in the bar and how foolishy optimistic Roger is.
    -Back to present - Jess is in a fight with someone wearing the Porcupine suit. Jess is pissed and kicks some ass - we see it's some lady in the suit. She tells Jess how she got it after Jess threatens her.
    -Jess is on the hunt for Kingsley - she calls Ben to try and talk her down, but cleary Jess doesn't want to be talked of the ledge. She's looking for a fight.
    -Mid conversation with Ben, Jess gets knocked of her bike by a pumpkin bomb - apparently breaking ribs in the process cause her bike lands on her. OUCH (also, this was drawn fantastically by Fish)
    -Jess fights Hobgoblin's D-List flunkies. Tis a good fight (once again, Fish rocks this)
    -Dude in a hoodie shows up to help - It's Roger! Sans Beard! (RIP Beard. We hardly knew ye)
    -Roger explains how he survived the pumpkin bomb Kingsley left for him (I could say something about Wishing Carol had gotten some of that Maternity gear for Rhodey - too soon?)
    -Smooches
    -Hobgoblin shows up and whisks Roger out of Jess' grasp.

First of all - Veronica Fish and Rachelle Rosenberg totally NAILED the art on this issue. The fight scenes were fantastic and Fish just excels at expression. She really was a great choice to replace Rodriguez.

Secondly - I feel like Roger being alive is a bit of a cop out. I am also REALLY torn about Roger and Jess being a thing. Part of me doesn't want it - but then part of me looks back at Jess' dating history and dammit if the girl doesn't deserve a win. I mean, Roger is really her type when you look at it (coughhawkeyecough). And the dude is head over heals for her, supportive - he's awesome. And Jess absolutely deserves that. But part of me kinda wants to see how it all would've gone down if Roger hadn't survived the bomb too.

Either way, I still absolutely LOVED this issue, I am going to be so sad when I'm not picking up this book every month like I have been the past year.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    -Flashback of what went down between Roger and Hobgoblin in the bar and how foolishy optimistic Roger is.
    -Back to present - Jess is in a fight with someone wearing the Porcupine suit. Jess is pissed and kicks some ass - we see it's some lady in the suit. She tells Jess how she got it after Jess threatens her.
    -Jess is on the hunt for Kingsley - she calls Ben to try and talk her down, but cleary Jess doesn't want to be talked of the ledge. She's looking for a fight.
    -Mid conversation with Ben, Jess gets knocked of her bike by a pumpkin bomb - apparently breaking ribs in the process cause her bike lands on her. OUCH (also, this was drawn fantastically by Fish)
    -Jess fights Hobgoblin's D-List flunkies. Tis a good fight (once again, Fish rocks this)
    -Dude in a hoodie shows up to help - It's Roger! Sans Beard! (RIP Beard. We hardly knew ye)
    -Roger explains how he survived the pumpkin bomb Kingsley left for him (I could say something about Wishing Carol had gotten some of that Maternity gear for Rhodey - too soon?)
    -Smooches

First of all - Veronica Fish and Rachelle Rosenberg totally NAILED the art on this issue. The fight scenes were fantastic and Fish just excels at expression. She really was a great choice to replace Rodriguez.

Secondly - I feel like Roger being alive is a bit of a cop out. I am also REALLY torn about Roger and Jess being a thing. Part of me doesn't want it - but then part of me looks back at Jess' dating history and dammit if the girl doesn't deserve a win. I mean, Roger is really her type when you look at it (coughhawkeyecough). And the dude is head over heals for her, supportive - he's awesome. And Jess absolutely deserves that. But part of me kinda wants to see how it all would've gone down if Roger hadn't survived the bomb too.

Either way, I still absolutely LOVED this issue, I am going to be so sad when I'm not picking up this book every month like I have been the past year.
    Yeah... this issue wasn't what I expected. I, too, was oddly disappointed to see him alive.

You guys are weird.

I don't think so. I've been on the fence about Jess and Roger becoming a thing since #8. On one hand, like I said above, Jess deserves a win after all the **** she's been through. On the other - I kinda like her single as she is but still having Roger and Ben as an adopted sort of family. It was an interesting dynamic - it still is.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger actually dying. Hopeless has done this before in Avengers Arena. A character who everyone thought was dead turns out to be alive only to be killed in the next issue.

Remember Juston?

Yeah, the issue ended with him getting captured, so I wouldn't be surprised if he really does get killed off next issue. Of course, there's only one more issue after that, so...

Well... since she just kissed him. I guess killing him next issue would be an extra twist on the knife.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger actually dying. Hopeless has done this before in Avengers Arena. A character who everyone thought was dead turns out to be alive only to be killed in the next issue.

Remember Juston?
    I do.....and Arcade created a LMD of Juston (and send him/it to his father and young brother) in order to keep other heroes off of the trail of Arcade's latest Murderworld (and unfortunately ended up getting killed {and his Sentinel destroyed} there by Nara/Apex ).

I have yet to read Avengers Arena - but I would not put it past Hopeless to do that. As Lily said it would just be an extra twist on the knife. The twist might be worth it though.

It's worth noting I think that Hopeless has said a couple of times on Twitter today that this is his favorite issue since #5. And he's been singing the praises of Veronica Fish and Rachelle Rosenberg. He's basically saying he hardly did anything but right the dialogue and let them loose. Good call IMO - the art here rocked and I'm still wincing at the bike crash.

-Smooches

It's worth noting I think that Hopeless has said a couple of times on Twitter today that this is his favorite issue since #5. And he's been singing the praises of Veronica Fish and Rachelle Rosenberg. He's basically saying he hardly did anything but right the dialogue and let them loose. Good call IMO - the art here rocked and I'm still wincing at the bike crash.[/QUOTE]

I am actually more surprised by Jess having romantic feelings for Roger than I am about him being alive. If there is no corpse or you don't see the death it usually means thet cartein someone is alive.
    The explanation however felt a bit meh.

In any case I don't really mind them being a thing. The chemistry is there and that is more than you can say about Hopeless other couple in All New X-Men.
    It doesn't have to go on forever after all, you can have them going for the grown up decision were Roger keeps his family up by sacrificing his possible relationship with Jess in order to go back to his wife or something. They can enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Though I have no idea how Roger and Clint are in any way the same "type" of guy but whatever xD

Agreed on the art, I really loved the expressions.

PS: How unfair is this by the way? I shave my beard and everyone is like: "Who are you? You look so young. You looked better with a beard. Please let it grow again. I hate your face (okay no one said that)."
    Rogers shaves and gets to kiss Jess.

Unfair
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Well Roger and Clint are similar in that well - they're good guys but they have a tendency to goof up.

I'm not sure if Jess is actually having romantic feelings right now or that's her reaction to someone she cared about, who she thought was very much dead, actually being alive. Can't really blame her if that's the case.

Well Roger and Clint are similar in that well - they're good guys but they have a tendency to goof up.

I'm not sure if Jess is actually having romantic feelings right now or that's her reaction to someone she cared about, who she thought was very much dead, actually being alive. Can't really blame her if that's the case.
    Ah that you mean. Yeah that makes sense, no objections your honor.

Well... there were a lot of hearts when they kissed. I'd say it's safe to say there is more than just Jess being happy to see him again because then it would have been a hug and there wouldn't have been a lip-bite
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Spectacular Member

I'm kicking myself for not seeing the alien body armor for the Chekov's gun it was... I think I didn't see it coming because it was a bomb and his face and limbs where exposed... I facepalmed though at implying his beard protecting his face, I'll admit though it was so bad I kinda smirked about it.

Anyways need time to process whether I find Rodger being alive cheapening Jessica's greaving of him. Lol at Jessica finding him hot after he shaved, or at least more attractive.

Guess this will be a hard to judge chapter until I see the next one, though artistically I loved it.
    Last edited by LordRyus; 01-25-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Honestly LordRyus I didn't think of it either but I love the idea. Process away but the more I think about it the more I'm ok with it.

Well Matt we will just have to wait and see won't we?

Honestly LordRyus I didn't think of it either but I love the idea. Process away but the more I think about it the more I'm ok with it.

Well Matt we will just have to wait and see won't we?
    NO! I DEMAND ANSWERS RIGHT NOW!

Or yeah... I guess waiting works too

My Twitter